Hello Gang,

I'm a new member of the forum. I'm excited to be here and to be a member of this forum. I joined due to I was all excited about the new Storm and was anticipating purchasing the Storm. I've never owned a Blackberry and now have a Razor. Due to all the hardware issues (mostly dust inside the screen) and all the bugs I decided to wait for the other Verizon Blackberries to come out later in the year. I really like the look of the Bold, but right now it's not with Verizon. I still want to buy a used Blackberry so I can activate it and be getting used to it and all the available programs for it until I buy a new Blackberry later in the year. My contract is up and don't want to renew for another two years until I know which one I want. Question is which Blackberry is probably the best to purchase used so I can be getting familiar with Blackberries? Thanks for having such a great forum.
    01-23-09 06:56 PM
    The curve in my opinion. Most folks I have met tell me they started on the curve or pearl but more on the curve and have moved on to the bold or storm or have stayed with the curve entirely. I would stay with this phone too if it were not for the bold. I really dig the bold - I just do not like the price tag for it..... I can say after using this phone I will never go back to a standard phone again. What are you going to use it for - business or pleasure? I guess others will chime in as well.
    Last edited by Tremortality; 01-23-09 at 07:11 PM.
    01-23-09 07:07 PM
    Thanks for answering so quickly. I'll be using it mostly for pleasure, but would like it to get my e-mails as I receive them. I want to eliminate my landline and cut costs where I can. So, basically I eventually want whichever new Blackberry I choose later this year to do as much for me as it can.
    01-23-09 07:17 PM
    Personally I would say the 8700 series to try and see if you like Blackberrys.

Although the 8700 doesn't have a camera or music player it still gives you a good idea of what you are getting yourself into. It is an extremely solid phone and EVERYTHING works on it. I am currently running OS 4.5.110 and It works like a charm.

Not to mention the pricetag on most 8700 models is pretty reasonable.
    01-23-09 07:19 PM
    Does the Curve or the 8700 series have WIFI? Does any of the Verizon Blackberries have WIFI?
    01-23-09 07:23 PM
    Go with the Curve. It is an awesome phone. Sorry you can't get the Bold.
    01-23-09 07:23 PM
    Does the Curve or the 8700 series have WIFI? Does any of the Verizon Blackberries have WIFI?
    No Verizon BlackBerry has WiFi. The Niagra (Verizon Bold) will though I'm pretty sure.
    01-23-09 07:25 PM
    Go with the Curve. It is an awesome phone. Sorry you can't get the Bold.
    I agree with avt123 the curve would be a great one to try...but of course I'm a lil biased. No seriously it is a great phone.
    01-23-09 07:26 PM
    I agree with avt123 the curve would be a great one to try...but of course I'm a lil biased. No seriously it is a great phone.
    I would love to get a curve. But I want to save up for the BOLD. The curve sounds to me like an upgrade from my 8700c. And the Bold sounds like an upgrade from the curve .

It's either 2 upgrades or one upgrade.

The 8700 series, Curve, and Bold. Are all perfect to start on.

They just come with three different price tags.

8700 - cheapest.
    Curve - Average price
    Bold - Expensive....

Sorry if I am stating the obvious.
    01-23-09 07:31 PM
    I would love to get a curve. But I want to save up for the BOLD. The curve sounds to me like an upgrade from my 8700c. And the Bold sounds like an upgrade from the curve .

It's either 2 upgrades or one upgrade.

The 8700 series, Curve, and Bold. Are all perfect to start on.

They just come with three different price tags.

8700 - cheapest.
    Curve - Average price
    Bold - Expensive....

Sorry if I am stating the obvious.
    Well since you have the option, I would get the Bold. I wouldn't want to upgrade twice, it's a waste of money, especially since it sounds like you will eventually end up with the Bold. I would just save money and buy the Bold, it's worth the wait.
    01-23-09 07:39 PM
    Well since you have the option, I would get the Bold. I wouldn't want to upgrade twice, it's a waste of money, especially since it sounds like you will eventually end up with the Bold. I would just save money and buy the Bold, it's worth the wait.
    I most definitely will! But to the OP. Get either the 8700 or the Curve to start out with. If you get the Bold and you don't like it you will have spent a few hundred more dollars than you wanted to. But then again if you get the 8700 or the Curve and you ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. Then damn...
    01-23-09 07:44 PM
    I'd buy a curve if you can afford it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 07:48 PM
    Next question, don't really want to buy a used Verizon Curve on E-Bay or off of Craigslist, does this forum have a classified area of used products being sold by verified members? If I bought it off of Craigslist, I'd only buy it if I could meet the guy at a Verizon store and only after I could verify that I could activated it there.
    01-23-09 07:56 PM
    You can visit the CrackBerry market place. http://forums.crackberry.com/f14/
    01-23-09 08:05 PM
    I would say the curve. Its great to start off with, and the 8330 is probably the best curve out asoide from the 8900. You honestly can't go wrong tho.

01-23-09 08:22 PM
    My vote is for the curve!!!!!

01-23-09 08:34 PM
    go with the curve man, you can't go wrong with that as your first blackberry. it's a solid phone
    01-23-09 08:36 PM
    The 8700c is a great start up, but has the bare minimum. It will get you accustomed to the bb messenger and instant email.

01-23-09 08:38 PM
    I love my 8700c. So much. I just hate that it doesn't support MicroSD. If they ever remake the 8700 they should add the missing features.

I don't see why they wouldn't remake it though.

On a business perspective the 8700c is flawless. They should make an "8700b" (b for business HAHAHA) and gear it more towards the businessman, and just add the additional features.

I would buy it.
    01-23-09 09:02 PM
    Why not start with the Pearlie? It is actually a great little device imho.
    01-23-09 09:07 PM
    I bought an 8700c off of eBay for $45 a while back. I adored it. It's practically indestructible, too, poor thing. I have a Curve now and have willed the 8700c on to my mother (who's never used a smartphone before) and she's getting the hang of it. It has the best keyboard, hands down, and while there's no support for a microSD card, no camera and no GPS or wi-fi, it honestly is a great little machine. Clear display, large keys and I prefer the thumbwheel to the trackball any day.

You really can't go wrong with any of the ones you're considering.
    01-23-09 10:08 PM
    I love my 8310 curve, due for an upgrade soon so been chkn out the options... not rly wantn to leave bb,but I can not find a single bb that has an os with flash/ java.. so when im browsing the internet.. im browsing the internet... u kno.. am i missing it somewhere?? help?!
    01-23-09 11:25 PM
    I heard Verizon was supposed to be getting the Bold...possibly late spring? That is just the rumor, so I could be entirely wrong on that one.

I have the Curve and I love it. I also see a lot of people who love the Curve too; has more memory than the Pearl and the full keyboard. Its not bulky or anything. (I used to think it was too big before I actually owned the phone)
    01-24-09 12:58 AM
    Hello Gang,
    Question is which Blackberry is probably the best to purchase used so I can be getting familiar with Blackberries?
    I vote for the Curve.
    01-24-09 01:08 AM
    The curve is just a cool little device. I love the design of it and the keys took a bit of getting use to, but you'll discover that the keys work pretty good.

01-24-09 01:50 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD