Twig Error: Failed to write cache file "sites/crackberry.com/files/twig_cache/b0/b02a5f4ee8d7487b8bc25d87a91e095183fe21b01b3f0a3d936c3bb626f4b2ec.php". (Line 80 in /web/drupal7-20200710123220/vendor/twig/twig/src/Cache/FilesystemCache.php)
    Protesters on the streets of Istanbul, Turkey, are being advised not to use their BlackBarry phones to communicate:
    Source: #occupygezi

"Consider using TextSecure, RedPhone, Orbot, Orweb, Gibberbot and ObscuraCam on Android cell phones; protect yourself!"

"BLACKBERRY IS NOT SECURE! #occupygezi RIM sold out their users and only care about carriers/government "security" concerns."

It started as a peaceful protest about a small park, in the large city of Istanbul, that the government wants to turn into a shopping mall, to which the police reacted with unnecessary force. The protests have now spread to other cities and turned into anti government rallies reminiscent of the Arab spring protests.

I have invested in RIM/BlackBerry and love my Z10 but other similar stories in the news have put a damper on the claim that BlackBerry is the most secure mobile communication system/device.

If we in the free world want everyone else to have the same basic right of "freedom of speech", as we do here, how can we accept our beloved BlackBerry to sell out to repressive governments for financial gain?

PS: This is the second time I am posting the above, previous thread was was deleted/removed, Why?
    06-01-13 07:24 AM
    Well, maybe because you are boldly claiming things without a shred of evidence?
    DJRikko likes this.
    06-01-13 07:31 AM
    If we in the free world want everyone else to have the same basic right of "freedom of speech", as we do here, how can we accept our beloved BlackBerry to sell out to repressive governments for financial gain?

PS: This is the second time I am posting the above, previous thread was was deleted/removed, Why?
    Bring some facts on the table and this may not be move/deleted.
    Quoting a random tweet is nowhere a proof of anything. You actually spread an - IMHO - unfunded rumor.
    The fact that this is your very first post is also not in your favor. What identity did you use for former post ???

P.S: I'm nowhere a mod.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    06-01-13 07:31 AM
    Well, maybe because you are boldly claiming things without a shred of evidence?
    In that case, such claims should be challenged rather than silenced, don't you agree?
    Go here and question the source of the twitter(s) https://twitter.com/ioerror
    Blackberry has been getting a lot of bad press and, like you, I would question every one of them.
    06-01-13 07:50 AM
    In that case, such claims should be challenged rather than silenced, don't you agree?
    Blackberry has been getting a lot of bad press and, like you, I would question every one of them.
    What bad press ?
    Did you question the "source" ? not if I refer to what I can see in the TL.
    I did. No answer. Random twitter ...

As I stated in my TW response, as far as I may know, RIM/BlackBerry NEVER gave the encryption keys on a global level.
    Not even in Iran.

Now, I'm seriously wondering about what settled this : Promotion ? Ego ? Ignorance ?
    Who can serioulsly talk about "secured channel" on twitter ... c'mon, not only it's "too late" for those who actually read this but it's even geopardizing those using the "secured channel" (provided it is secure). That's BS.
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry is not secure!-capture.png  
    DJRikko likes this.
    06-01-13 08:04 AM
    It's some guy taking part in organized riots. He also says to get throw away phones in order not to get tracked. I think you should consider what sources you place your faith in.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 08:15 AM
    Well as everyone said before, you are just giving (bad press) your self based on a twit that obviously is just bashing blackberry to advertise that OTR software or what ever. IMO this threat can be called a troll and so are you. If i was the admin I'd take this down immediately.

This is a BlackBerry community, and we are here to help or get help, not to give BB bad press.
    maxdaniels and Tomas Carrillo like this.
    06-01-13 08:18 AM
    BlackBerry is more secure than apple, android and Windows Phone together

Posted via CB10
    Tomas Carrillo likes this.
    06-01-13 08:20 AM
    People will believe anything they read on Twitter. sad.
    06-01-13 08:22 AM
    It has to be true- they have a whole 2 posts!
    06-01-13 08:24 AM
    Bring some facts on the table and this may not be move/deleted.
    Quoting a random tweet is nowhere a proof of anything. You actually spread an - IMHO - unfunded rumor.
    The fact that this is your very first post is also not in your favor. What identity did you use for former post ???
    I have been a CrackBerry follower since I bought my first PlayBook, passive rather active, how can I prove my identity to you? the CrackBerry App on the Z10 does not link my account to my BlackBerry ID for example, but I understand your concern.

Corporate BBM/email is known to be secure, my question here is... can BlackBerry claim that the same is true for end-to-end communications, using their software and on their devices, over independent and government owned mobile network carries in countries such as India, Turkey & Saudi Arabia? that would be a bold claim.
    Mike PT likes this.
    06-01-13 08:25 AM
    It's some guy taking part in organized riots. He also says to get throw away phones in order not to get tracked. I think you should consider what sources you place your faith in.

Posted via CB10
    lol, jump in the street with your desktops and a satellite link
    (just joking, weather turns to storm, here)
    cjcampbell and Tomas Carrillo like this.
    06-01-13 08:26 AM
    I'm not lashing out at the OP but if you are going to state something like that some proof is required.

If you don't understand how BBM and the BlackBerry infrastructure work then you are not in a position to question it.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 08:26 AM
    I have been a CrackBerry follower since I bought my first PlayBook, passive rather active, how can I prove my identity to you? the CrackBerry App on the Z10 does not link my account to my BlackBerry ID for example, but I understand your concern.

Corporate BBM/email is known to be secure, my question here is... can BlackBerry claim that the same is true for end-to-end communications, using their software and on their devices, over independent and government owned mobile network carries in countries such as India, Turkey & Saudi Arabia? that would be a bold claim.
    BB have openly stated they'll never give the keys ... for the good reason they don't HAVE it (it's "cients' side").
    BBM and PIN2PIN communications are, so far I know, the upper most secure channels you can use on a mobile device (for general audience).

Now about you being legit, I'm not saying you're not, just that your post count surely didn't play in your favor with your previous post.
    Tomas Carrillo likes this.
    06-01-13 08:28 AM
    Well okay, if I take a general look at that guy's profile, I don't see anything that gives the guy any credit. I do find it ironic that he calls himself an "Ethics enthusiast." I guess he's only an that when it's convenient, because again, I don't see any merit to his claim. Furthermore, the link he's giving about his own website www.appelbaum.net isn't working.

He looks to me like nothing more than a common instigator who's riding the waves of the things happening in Istanbul.
    06-01-13 08:33 AM
    Really? How secure is any form of communication? Security on any mobile device is nothing but a pipe dream ..... a fantasy.
    06-01-13 08:35 AM
    Consider he could be from the government and wanting to discourage the use of BB because the government can't break it. If you want to engage is such Machiavellian thought experiments.

As to the idea the West has freedom of speech, I'm afraid that right was quashed some time ago. Yes there is the Constitution in the states. You know the Constitution. That piece of paper which guarantees the government can't do all those things it does.
    Superfly_FR and eddy_berry like this.
    06-01-13 08:36 AM
    Well okay, if I take a general look at that guy's profile, I don't see anything that gives the guy any credit. I do find it ironic that he calls himself an "Ethics enthusiast." I guess he's only an that when it's convenient, because again, I don't see any merit to his claim. Furthermore, the link he's giving about his own website www.appelbaum.net isn't working.

He looks to me like nothing more than a common instigator who's riding the waves of the things happening in Istanbul.
    Now that's clear ... and I need to throw up somewhere.
    @ioerror is jacob appelbaum.
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry is not secure!-capture.jpg   BlackBerry is not secure!-capture.png  
    06-01-13 08:42 AM
    I have merely posted a tweet here so that the CrackBerry community is aware of what's going in other parts of the world since BlackBerry has a proportionally larger user base in those countries than the US for example.

What's been happing in Istanbul, Turkey, is not organised riots, it was a small protest that grew in size over a number of days. Protesters are relying on social media and their hand-held communication devices to tell the world of what the mainly government controlled media in Turkey has been suppressing.

Tweets, whether you believe them or not, travel far and fast like wildfire.

BlackBerry should not lose the trust of its users in places such as Turkey with a population of 73 Million and growing rapidly.
    Superfly_FR and bobisonline like this.
    06-01-13 08:51 AM
    Guys it must be true-

"They cant put anything on the internet that isnt true"
    06-01-13 09:13 AM
    Now that's clear ... and I need to throw up somewhere.
    @ioerror is jacob appelbaum.
    Well well, the irony. Guess that Ethics Enthusiast really needs a crash course about what ethics actually are.

This proves again that Twitter can only function as a common rumor mill, albeit with far greater reaches. It's also part of the charm. You can just post any random cool sounding one-liners and get followers to boost your ego. Twitter, imho, should not be used as a credible news source.And no, not even Twitter profiles from BlackBerry reps!!! *cough*mexico/playbook*cough*
    DWPGQ and eddy_berry like this.
    06-01-13 09:15 AM
    So because the government has to be included to retrieve information blackberry is not secure???? THAT'S THE REASON THEY ARE ASKED!

The reason you think those android based chat programs are safe is because they already have a way to tap in and get the info, they don't need government inclusion to get information from those unsecure devices, nice try though. BlackBerry is still the winner in security, move along please! Lmao

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 09:16 AM
    It appears the original tweet has been discredited as a promotional tactic for a messaging application.

Closed, with one member taking the weekend off for promoting ethnic hatred (post removed so don't waste time looking for it).
    06-01-13 09:29 AM