I'm more than just happy with Blackberry and have been for many years. I love my Z30 and really don't care what phones others use or don't use, it's none of my business. We are a niche device in the world of smart phones, so what! Guess that just makes us "special" and free thinkers who purchase products that work for us. Others it seems, buy products that allows them to conform to what the media says is "cool"and think that by using particular products it then in turns makes them "cool" too. Kind of like the "Charlie the tuna" syndrome for those old folks who remember the commercial.
    04-29-14 12:50 PM
    and the OP's point is?????
    acovey and oldtimeBBaddict like this.
    04-29-14 12:52 PM
    and the OP's point is?????
    You don't get my point, seriously?

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 01:03 PM
    Lmao apple and Samsung vs the real point of apple and android. Samsung is not android they use it they may be on top now, but with Googles new announcement they are ready to dethrone them by helping other new "silver" partners.

Posted via CB10 on my blazing fast Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    04-29-14 02:08 PM
    Wow.
    The OPs thread is not for those who are satisfied or willing to wait for additional improvements.
    The thread is for those who contstanly complain, and compare BlackBerry devices to other platforms.

The point is... Use what you like and what works for you.
    No sense in complaining or believing the grass is greener on the other side.
    It's not hard to check out the product a person purchases prior to that purchase.
    Most do... Those that don't... Buyer beware!
    Ecm, mkelley65, mirren and 2 others like this.
    04-29-14 02:34 PM
    Wow.
    The OPs thread is not for those who are satisfied or willing to wait for additional improvements.
    The thread is for those who contstanly complain, and compare BlackBerry devices to other platforms.

The point is... Use what you like and what works for you.
    No sense in complaining or believing the grass is greener on the other side.
    It's not hard to check out the product a person purchases prior to that purchase.
    Most do... Those that don't... Buyer beware!
    Thank you so much. Very well said.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 03:17 PM
    if You are telling people to get over it and move on, why are you still here?
    At this very moment, I'm okay with BlackBerry and I am not wishing my phone was an iPhone or Android. I don't even wish my BB phones looked anything like phones on other platforms.
    All I care is that BlackBerry continues to strive hard to be the best it can be. If I have any gripes with BlackBerry it is because I strongly believe that BlackBerry has got what it takes to excel.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 03:28 PM
    LOL... so accurate.
    Is someone calling you elsewhere?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general.../jubei-927697/
    04-29-14 03:31 PM
    Not really understanding the OP's position.

How is BlackBerry email and messaging differentiated from that on other platforms? Other platforms offer better integration with a wider variety of messaging services. What makes BlackBerry email better? Not sure that there is any differentiating factor unless you are referring to the keyboard.

Productivity being the focus and somehow enhanced on the platform is also debatable. Android and IOS offer specialty/ industry specific applications that BlackBerry does not.

So while sounds good to fans. No real substance to the comment unless you are referring to keyboards.
    Simply, the HUB. There is nothing quite like it for me. The peak, the led light etc.
    BB10 phones enhances my daily productivity compared to my iPad. And please don't get me wrong, I very much like my IPad in a different way.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 03:33 PM
    Well done OP. Lots of people still dont get it.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    04-29-14 04:18 PM
    One word: "denial"

2009: Oh yes! We are king! Suck on that, everybody else, you suck! Your phones are nothing like our phones.

2014: BlackBerry doesn't want to be king, it doesn't need to. Their market is about productivity and it's always been. You can't compare Apple and Samsung to BlackBerry.
    Ah there is very little of that 2009 company you are talking about in today's 2014 BlackBerry. Its almost like a different company.

And it is! You must be talking about Research in Motion or RIM. That company is dead and gone.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    shief24 and wincyUt like this.
    04-29-14 04:27 PM
    Not really understanding the OP's position.

How is BlackBerry email and messaging differentiated from that on other platforms? Other platforms offer better integration with a wider variety of messaging services. What makes BlackBerry email better?
    Well, the Wall Street Journal doesn't seem to think so:

The Best Android and iPhone Mobile Email Apps - WSJ.com

Basically a outright ad for BlackBerry Hub and integration of services. The writer is frustrated with the e-mail and communication deficiencies on her iPhone and is attempting to make it behave, well, like a BlackBerry.
    BeautyEh likes this.
    04-29-14 04:29 PM
    Well done OP. Lots of people still dont get it.
    Not sure what you're on about, but perhaps you don't get it. The OP is essentially saying the devices we use are limited and not as consumer friendly as those others, well he and you are wrong. They are more consumer friendly than all the other devices out there. Full stop.
    04-29-14 04:31 PM
    I'd quibble slightly about this - that sounds right but I think is wrong in many markets - for example, here in the UK, the real advantage of BB three or four years ago when they were at their peak was that they allowed parents to provide a cheap device and cheap data package to children - so the advantage they had wasn't the superiority of the OS for email - as the teenaged girls and the poor who were the core customers for cheap curves were doing so because of access to as much BBM as they liked for �5 a month - that was the advantage, one of cost. As data packages became cheaper and cheaper and now BBM has migrated to other platforms, those advantage disappeared or don't exist.

I think a lot of people have a vision of BBRY that doesn't match the reality - I'm sure there were still (and still are) high end customers using Bolds and the like but the vast majority of sales in the last three or four years has to be bottom-feeders - BBRY isn't a premium consumer brand anymore in that sense - it's one better know for cheap plastic low-end phones.

Or the short version - in many markets, the core function of email on bbry was irrelevant to the low-end customers they were attracting.
    You are right, and with the Z10 BB failed big to understand why they were prefer by most of its customers, they just entered to a segment dominated by Samsung (and other Androids) and Apple, without given the customers anything but less specs and higher price, not understanding the market was the biggest mistake of BB, they are just not correlated to premium devices anymore. You can see how Chen identifies that and put all the efforts in the Z3 and the Classic.
    BeautyEh likes this.
    04-29-14 04:32 PM
    You are right, and with the Z10 BB failed big to understand why they were prefer by most of its customers, they just entered to a segment dominated by Samsung (and other Androids) and Apple, without given the customers anything but less specs and higher price, not understanding the market was the biggest mistake of BB, they are just not correlated to premium devices anymore. You can see how Chen identifies that and put all the efforts in Z3 and in the Classic.
    Nonsense, Specwise the Z10 still outperforms the latest and greatest IPhone. So that alone takes your position and makes it mud. And both the Q10 and Z30 still shine in the fabulous world of handy gadgets. No, the only problem has been the OS was not complete when the Z10 came out, well now with 10.2.1 it is, leaving only one other problem, Rim's marketing that let's other know how great it is and what it can do.
    acovey likes this.
    04-29-14 04:42 PM
    I'm a blackberry user and I use my phones for games and social apps for friends...

Also no, don't tell me to go and buy Android/iPhone. I like BB10 and I'm sticking with it, but you shouldn't just assume all BlackBerry 10 users are the exact same as you!

Posted via CB10
    shief24 and medic22003 like this.
    04-29-14 04:44 PM
    One word: "denial"

2009: Oh yes! We are king! Suck on that, everybody else, you suck! Your phones are nothing like our phones.

2014: BlackBerry doesn't want to be king, it doesn't need to. Their market is about productivity and it's always been. You can't compare Apple and Samsung to BlackBerry.
    It isn't DENIAL. It is called being REAL. It always good in life to call a spade, a spade.

In 2009, BlackBerry's management and including all stockholders did not realize how much the mobile market dynamics had changed and was yet to immensely change, hence QNX was only acquired in 2010. Did even the pundits even realise the sense of urgency?

In 2014, as the dust is settling a lot better, everyone would agree that it was clearer that things were not what they seemed at "BlackBerry land". Therefore anyone who is willing to make an honest assessment will know that Apple and Samsung are totally in a different league, market share or financially. However that does not mean that BlackBerry is not good or might not "miraculously rise to the top again". Time will tell.

Sometimes, in life, fortunes change and it is always pragmatic to call it as you see it.
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    04-29-14 04:49 PM
    I'm a blackberry user and I use my phones for games and social apps for friends...

Also no, don't tell me to go and buy Android/iPhone. I like BB10 and I'm sticking with it, but you shouldn't just assume all BlackBerry 10 users are the exact same as you!

Posted via CB10
    I was never telling anyone to go and buy Android/iPhone. All I am saying is that people should stop wishing that BlackBerry was iPhone/Android. It's like having a spouse but wishing the spouse looked like or was someone else; which only results in living a miserable life.
    04-29-14 04:57 PM
    Not sure what you're on about, but perhaps you don't get it. The OP is essentially saying the devices we use are limited and not as consumer friendly as those others, well he and you are wrong. They are more consumer friendly than all the other devices out there. Full stop.
    Wow! I'm speechless. Where did I say or infer that BlackBerry devices was not consumer friendly?
    04-29-14 05:04 PM
    Wow! I'm speechless. Where did I say or infer that BlackBerry devices was not consumer friendly?
    Really....., that comment was not directed at you at all, the quote was provided to make it perfectly clear with whom I was responding too.
    04-29-14 05:07 PM
    Here is what I take from the OP. I am on a z10 now and came from a 9930 and a curve before that. I loved those previous phones but after using this z I am not going back to a qwerty device. What the current direction of BlackBerry means to me is that it is likely that I will be waiting much longer for a new full touch device from BlackBerry IF another one is ever produced at all. To me personally THAT is an example of BlackBerry being in a niche market and not the same as apple or android. If another full touch BlackBerry is not produced I will unfortunately and reluctantly move to another platform. And the reason for that will only be because BlackBerry in trying to become profitable and catering to their niche market decides to no longer produce full touch devices.

Z10
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    04-29-14 05:11 PM
    Here is what I take from the OP. I am on a z10 now and came from a 9930 and a curve before that. I loved those previous phones but after using this z I am not going back to a qwerty device. What the current direction of BlackBerry means to me is that it is likely that I will be ..................
    Z10
    Well your take is wrong, he was quite clear. Secondly, Chen or Blackberry have never said that they will go to Qwerty only devices, that is US media hyperbole that you obviously have bought into. They have made it quite clear that they are sticking with both, (HENCE THE BRAND NEW UPCOMING GODAMNED TOUCH ONLY Z3). Thirdly, If you want a better device than that crappy Z10, then get a Z30, it simply destroys the Z10 and it will do everything you want for years to come. Drop the I'm leaving crap if they don't blah blah blah. They are finally doing all things right and firing on all cylinders, acknowledge that and not the unfounded rumours put out by the brain dead "tech media ".
    Playbook007 likes this.
    04-29-14 05:20 PM
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
    Mattster723 and BeautyEh like this.
    04-29-14 05:39 PM
    Well your take is wrong, he was quite clear. Secondly, Chen or Blackberry have never said that they will go to Qwerty only devices, that is US media hyperbole that you obviously have bought into. They have made it quite clear that they are sticking with both, (HENCE THE BRAND NEW UPCOMING GODAMNED TOUCH ONLY Z3). Thirdly, If you want a better device than that crappy Z10, then get a Z30, it simply destroys the Z10 and it will do everything you want for years to come. Drop the I'm leaving crap if they don't blah blah blah. They are finally doing all things right and firing on all cylinders, acknowledge that and not the unfounded rumours put out by the brain dead "tech media ".
    Wow. Taking it a bit personal aren't we? I don't want a z30 because for me (and many others) it's too large a form factor. I don't want a z3 because even though it's newer it is a clear step down from the z10 hardware wise. I tried to make it very clear in my post that I am a long time happy BlackBerry user and would not leave unless they discontinued making upgraded full touch devices. What's wrong with that? That sentiment is shared by many many people here. Maybe we should all just disregard our own opinions and go with what you think since you used such forceful and convincing language.

Z10
    homer1475, Blacklatino and TgeekB like this.
    04-29-14 05:40 PM
    Wow. Taking it a bit personal aren't we?
    Not personal at all, I am responding directly to what you have written, I don't know you therefore I cannot make any personal comments toward you. What you had written was not opinion, it was misinformed trash spread by the tech media, I am correcting that nonsense, if you don't like my response, then I suggest a little thought into your original post is worthwhile. None of this is opinion, just facts, feel free to take it or leave it.
    04-29-14 05:47 PM
205 1234 ...