Is this the Blackberry resurrection we were promised? A much delayed new OS, two new devices (run-of-the-mill nothing that stands out in a crowd in my opinion), and the same weak Blackberry marketing push.

Honestly Blackberry should really be ashamed of itself. Because we here on Crackberry stood behind the name, the brand, and THE PROMISE of a serious turn around. We were patient with the OS delay and hung on every word Thorsten had to say about the turn around, "lets rock and roll this" if I remember correctly.

If Blackberry really is close to being relegated to the pages of the history books, I will miss it but I can't say that I'm not disappointed and feel betrayed that the RIMpire struck back out of shape and with water pistols and water balloons.
    08-13-13 08:19 PM
    That is an awful lot of drama. Didn't you just start another thread on this? I have to admit, I love my Z10 and 10.2. In my opinion they are delivering right now. But that might not save them.
    08-13-13 08:25 PM
    I'm with you on the lack of and/or ineffectiveness of the marketing.. but I don't know what you are referring to in regards to a delayed OS.. they haven't missed any established timelines, and if anything I would say I'm very impressed with the progress BB10 has made in such a short time. The only missing link in my opinion is making sure the world knows it.
    08-13-13 08:26 PM
    Not another thread about this...say it ain't so....please.

Posted via CB10
    MERCDROID and web99 like this.
    08-13-13 08:33 PM
    $3 billion equates to years of growth time.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 08:35 PM
    On the off chance that you cannot find your other thread, it is HERE.
    The Mod Squad was even nice enough to make it a "STICKY" meaning it will not drop to the bottom until it is "UNSTUCK"
    08-13-13 08:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    Apparently, Blackberry's CEO disagrees with you. Otherwise, why would they make the announcement yesterday basically telling their customers on the front page of business news outlets "We don't know who we will be owned by, partnered with, or even if the parts will stay together." That's not something you do just because you are exploring options.

How about telling your family "I'm not saying I want a divorce but I'm exploring options" and see what happens.
    MERCDROID and notfanboy like this.
    08-13-13 08:42 PM
    I'm with you on the lack of and/or ineffectiveness of the marketing.. but I don't know what you are referring to in regards to a delayed OS.. they haven't missed any established timelines, and if anything I would say I'm very impressed with the progress BB10 has made in such a short time. The only missing link in my opinion is making sure the world knows it.

Was it not slated for release in the fall of last year?
    08-13-13 08:45 PM
    The sheer lack of aggressive marketing completely boggles the mind. BlackBerry did produce a great product (finally), but how on earth could they not market it and expect the world to beat a path to their door? Especially after their ship has been sinking for years! What planet is Thorsten Heins from and how did he ever become a CEO?? He obviously did not have the ability to accurately assess the situation BlackBerry was in; at least from a public perception standpoint.
    I give BlackBerry credit for finally catching up to the competition with the Z10 (albeit without some apps), but if you're not going to scream from the rooftops "Hey! Look what we have!!!!" Why bother in the first place?

As a shareholder, I can't tell you how angry this makes me... but, whatever TH, you've got your millions.....

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 08:50 PM
    That is an awful lot of drama. Didn't you just start another thread on this? I have to admit, I love my Z10 and 10.2. In my opinion they are delivering right now. But that won't save them.
    Fixed it for you..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    08-13-13 09:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    Over 1B of that was in delayed accounts payable. That 3B isn't going to last nearly as long as some people think if the income doesn't keep up.
    08-13-13 10:05 PM
    I have full faith in the board... they are doing the best they can with what they have...its brutally competitive and with Moto X and Iphone 6 it's going to get worse...probally going private is the best coarse of action as it is so damm negative for BbRY.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 10:10 PM
    On the off chance that you cannot find your other thread, it is HERE.
    The Mod Squad was even nice enough to make it a "STICKY" meaning it will not drop to the bottom until it is "UNSTUCK"
    Again this! you should feel special
    Carjackd likes this.
    08-13-13 10:12 PM