1. How do I switch out the icons on the home screen?

2. How do I turn the browser into screen-sized mode instead of full screen where the font is really tiny & I have to zoom in & scroll everywhere?

I've tried to check the manual, but I didn't find that stuff anywhere. Thanks in advance, & I'm sure I'll be asking more stupid questions soon.
    11-16-09 02:43 PM
    Move the 6 top icons and those are the one that you'll show up on the main screen.
    Not sure what you can do in terms of the browser i haven't had a qwery keyboard berry in a while but someone will help you.
    11-16-09 02:55 PM
    As for the icons just highlight them. Do not open them. Then click menu>move. Then scroll them to where you want them then menu>complete move. I can't see your device but if you have a storm look at your bottom tool bar and the second icon from the left is for page view column view. Choose column. You can also change the font size. Browser>menu>options>general properties>font size.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 03:13 PM
    Thank you! Gosh, I feel like a dork, lol. Anyone else have any idea about the browser? I downloaded Opera Mini, as well, & can't figure out how to do it on that one, either.
    11-16-09 03:37 PM
    For the browser, do you mean "page view" vs "column view"? That setting is on the menu also, press the BB button, and select column view in order to make the text more readable. Also you should mostly go to the mobile versions of most websites. In your browser settings, again with browser open, press BB, then select Options, and then General, and make sure your browser emulation is set to Blackberry, NOT IE or Firefox. Most sites will then feed you the mobile friendly site automatically, IF a site does not, then try using an m instead of www in the URL, or a wap. OR at the end instead of com use mobi. Examples are....

Yahoo! Front Page

http://m.crackberry.com

Mobile Sites - Cantoni.mobi
    11-16-09 03:47 PM
    Thanks pk! Yep, I guess I did mean "column view."

Next noob question - how do I discard applications off my device? Like, if I download something from app world that doesn't work the way I thought it would, or some of the junk that's pre-loaded that I don't want.
    11-16-09 03:59 PM
    Most of the preloaded stuff that you see is not really installed. Those icons are just launchers. There is no way to get rid of most of them as they are pushed to your phone by your carrier. If you delete them they will just come back. You can however hide them. Create a folder and label it junk or something. Then move the unwanted icons into that folder and then hide it. They take up very little memory and at least that way they won't clutter up your screen.

11-16-09 04:09 PM
    Thanks, hooty. That's a good idea. I think I'll do just that. What about stuff I download, myself, that I decide I don't want?

Edit #2: Fixed the problem I just posted about. Still looking for instructions on how to discard unwanted apps I download myself.
    Last edited by pantlesspenguin; 11-16-09 at 04:25 PM.
    11-16-09 04:15 PM
    You will find them in the applications list. Options>applications. If you decide to delete them you can do it from there.

11-16-09 05:08 PM
    Thanks again, hooty .

New problem: I'm downloading WeatherBug, & it seems to be stalled at 852/955kb. How do I make it finish?

ETA: It seems I can only get to the download progress screen if I download another application. I've been able to download a couple others, but WeatherBug is still stuck, & now Facebook seems to be stuck. Come on, no one knows how to help??

ETA2: I found the pending downloads in the "my world" tab. Do I just keep on pausing & unpausing & hoping it'll go by itself?

ETA3: I can't send a tweet from UberTwitter or log into the Facebook app.
    Last edited by pantlesspenguin; 11-16-09 at 06:41 PM.
    11-16-09 05:22 PM
    Besides App World, you can get applications directly from the web too, CB has threads with OTA links, and there are other OTA links out there too. Here is the link to the OTA apps at the CB's mobile site...

http://m.crackberry.com/otaapps.html

Here's the beta one....

http://m1.crackberry.com/free-blackberry-apps

Plus CB has a great App Store also.....

App Store
    11-16-09 08:45 PM
    Besides App World, you can get applications directly from the web too, CB has threads with OTA links, and there are other OTA links out there too. Here is the link to the OTA apps at the CB's mobile site...

http://m.crackberry.com/otaapps.html

Here's the beta one....

http://m1.crackberry.com/free-blackberry-apps

Plus CB has a great App Store also.....

App Store
    Yeah, I think OTA apps are the way to go! Hahah i think everybody has that "how do you move the icons to show up in the homescreen" question :P
    11-16-09 10:24 PM
    Thanks for the advice. I STILL have that one stuck download, w/ no option to cancel it & restart it. I've discarded app world & reinstalled it, but that didn't change anything. What can I do?
    11-17-09 08:52 AM
    Try pulling your battery and are what happens.

11-17-09 09:36 AM
    So far I've tried a couple battery pulls, uninstalling & reinstalling app world, & pausing & unpausing the stuck download & nothing has worked so far.
    11-17-09 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD