I'd like to get OnePlus, but they are not on the AER list. Nor is Samsung. As of today, I'm limited to Pixel or Nokia. Hopefully MS Surface Duo gets on the AER list soon as it's launched.
    What’s special about the surface duo?
    01-21-20 04:36 PM
    I'd like to get OnePlus, but they are not on the AER list. Nor is Samsung. As of today, I'm limited to Pixel or Nokia. Hopefully MS Surface Duo gets on the AER list soon as it's launched.
    Forget the list. Go with stated policy and/or track record instead. The KEYx series is on that list, and we know how that turned out.
    01-21-20 04:36 PM
    Forget the list. Go with stated policy and/or track record instead. The KEYx series is on that list, and we know how that turned out.
    I'm a tiny peon with my employer (a bank) so if I want to use Android on their BYOD policy, it has to be on the AER. No exceptions.
    01-21-20 04:39 PM
    What’s special about the surface duo?
    Looks neat. I can see the dual screen being very useful when I'm drafting an email when I have to reference a supporting attachment.
    01-21-20 04:40 PM
    I'm a tiny peon with my employer (a bank) so if I want to use Android on their BYOD policy, it has to be on the AER. No exceptions.
    So no Samsung Knox for business? Ouch.
    01-21-20 04:44 PM
    So no Samsung Knox for business? Ouch.
    Nope.
    01-21-20 04:45 PM
    Fully supported by Android for all apps... you are opening the Pandora's box.
    I want the same, but I can live with a partial support
    I understand what you're saying, but, without the full integration, I'd rather just use the VKB. That's my point. After two years with the KEYone, I'm just not getting enough value from the PKB.

Of course, I also want a phone that's less that 5", but that's another issue.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    01-21-20 06:14 PM
    I think it is possible that Nokia could make a QWERTY PKB as an extension of their retro device platform . A step up from the 8110 for example.
    01-21-20 07:55 PM
    Lets dream about getting pie first. After that happen, lets dream about anything else.
    I have no illusion of getting pie on key2, I regard BBMobile as dead and pie on key2 as a dead end. However a pkb from Nokia in a future is a possibility .
    01-21-20 10:24 PM
    I have no illusion of getting pie on key2, I regard BBMobile as dead and pie on key2 as a dead end. However a pkb from Nokia in a future is a possibility .
    Nokia is HMD. HMD licensed to use the name and it's hardly possible that HMD will make pkb.
    01-22-20 01:32 AM
    Got my Nokia 7.2 on January 2nd and by the 15th I had the January Security update.
    I would stick with Pixel, Samsung, or Android One. OnePlus has been excellent too, but have no stated policy afaik.

Honestly Nokia is excellent with updates and security patches.
    01-22-20 01:56 AM
    Nokia is HMD. HMD licensed to use the name and it's hardly possible that HMD will make pkb.
    I know that and clarified their relationship above!
    01-22-20 02:39 AM
    That if Nokia had any interest, they would have already licensed BB Secure with PKB at this point. I’m sure TCL would have already transferred it’s BB Licensing rights over with all the Key2 hardware thrown in free.

It’s dead and over. Let’s begin some kind of acceptance with all the evidence and common sense logic we possess.
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry Nokia with Android One-tenor.gif  
    01-22-20 04:09 PM
    That if Nokia had any interest, they would have already licensed BB Secure with PKB at this point. I’m sure TCL would have already transferred it’s BB Licensing rights over with all the Key2 hardware thrown in free.

It’s dead and over. Let’s begin some kind of acceptance with all the evidence and common sense logic we possess.
    What does Nokia need BB's keyboard patents for? They have their own and I'd have to dig out the numbers but in their main markets, the E-series outsold blackberry devices.

Even if a nokia fan was a keyboard fan - they would be a fan of the nokia keyboard devices not the blackberry ones (I had e-series devices and thought the keyboard was better than anything Blackberry produced).

BlackBerry Nokia with Android One-bxr5wio.jpg

As you note - it's dead and over.
    02-07-20 06:32 AM
    What does Nokia need BB's keyboard patents for? They have their own and I'd have to dig out the numbers but in their main markets, the E-series outsold blackberry devices.

Even if a nokia fan was a keyboard fan - they would be a fan of the nokia keyboard devices not the blackberry ones (I had e-series devices and thought the keyboard was better than anything Blackberry produced).

Yeah it's not like the BlackBerry name would be of much benfit for Nokia..... so they'd just use their own designs. It they taught there was a reason for a PKB phone.

I think it would be more likely to see a KaiOS powered PKB feature phone, than a Android One PKB smartphone....
    02-07-20 07:08 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bXR5Wio.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	447628

At this point there is a bigger chance of an E-series revival than another BlackBerry.

And of course, I'd totally buy this E-series revival as long as it actually runs full Android. I'd even get several of them.

Would be much better than settling for a Titan.

They already brought back the 3310 so I don't see why this would be impossible.

Maybe they're waiting for the right time?
    In that case, what better time than to announce the new 2020 E phone than September 1st, the day that BlackBerry devices are officially dead lol
    02-07-20 07:33 AM
    I understand what you're saying, but, without the full integration, I'd rather just use the VKB. That's my point. After two years with the KEYone, I'm just not getting enough value from the PKB.

Of course, I also want a phone that's less that 5", but that's another issue.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    I have basically gone from one BlackBerry to another without really looking at other phones. What options are out there for 5 inches and smaller? As much as I have liked my K1, I hate carrying it in my pocket because of the size.
    02-07-20 08:07 AM
    I have basically gone from one BlackBerry to another without really looking at other phones. What options are out there for 5 inches and smaller? As much as I have liked my K1, I hate carrying it in my pocket because of the size.
    The only compact phone I can really recommend is the S10e, the other phones that are around that size will have underwhelming battery life
    02-07-20 08:13 AM
43 12