Hi everyone, this is my first post and I apologise if there is already a thread regarding this issue but I have been completely frustrated of late at the lack of availability of any Blackberry products and the seemingly constant misinformation that I have received regarding availability of Blackberry hardware. I read Crackberry religiously and know that Blackberry is far from dead but I seem to be one of the few who do.

I have been living in Lebanon for the past year and bought the Q10 in January and have loved the phone since. I am an amateur writer and spend a great deal of time writing posts, poems and other pieces on the phone, the keyboard is amazing. But it took a number of weeks to find a Q10 with a manufacturer's warranty, as many of the available phones in Lebanon are grey imports.

I loved the Q10 and BB10 so much that I decided to try to replace my Samsung S3 with a Z30 but after a few months of looking, I was unable to find one and with limited internet shopping, I was left high and dry. Then I went to Istanbul, Turkey and again no Blackberry love. Singapore Airport duty free has almost every phone available except the Z30.

Last week I returned to Australia and have visited four Telstra shops who are the only carrier who carries BlackBerry and again nothing. When I spoke to the first retail attendant and told him I was interested in the Z30, which was on display in the shop, I was literally given the cold shoulder.

The second attendant told me they were Blackberry phobic. The third said that the Z30 would be in stock on the 11th and then I was told that it wouldn't. The fourth said that they were testing the new phone but that BlackBerry was being sold to another company so they didn't even know if they would get it and the Z30 was no longer available and hadn't been for three months.

This misinformation and lack of accuracy and availability is very frustrating. I have now decided to hold out for the Passport, which is going to be off the charts but this something needs to be done about the apparent lack of availability.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 06:27 AM
    Yea well if you've been on CB for a while then you know you're not the only one who has run into this. It's a shame but honestly this is the position BlackBerry has put themselves into.

Z10
    07-13-14 07:32 AM
    Have you tried to order it on shopblackberry.com?

From my ? phone
    07-13-14 08:27 AM
    I was just out today and stopped in a Verizon store I went to last year when shopping for my z10 (which they didn't have at the time) and they actually had a z30 and q10 on display. Now granted they were in the back, but they were out there. I didn't ask if they actually had them in stock.

Z10
    lift likes this.
    07-13-14 12:53 PM