Notice how none of these "tech review" sites ever made a fuss with apple not releasing a lower teir device. With the last line of iphones, where was the lower tier phone in that batch? Just ignore these so called reviewers.
    02-09-13 12:58 AM
    This all should be no surprise as rim said it would continue selling bb os7 phones alongside bb10. There would be no quicker way to kill os7 sales (and BIS revenue) than to release bb10 phones at cheap price points.

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9850 using Tapatalk
    02-09-13 01:51 AM
    Yap! Still sold in indonesia, even when the ip4,4s,and 5 already sold nationwide
    My bad, I was only thinking about the US market.

Going HAM using Tapatalk
    02-09-13 10:48 AM
    hard as a mother ****er
    Shouldn't it be HAAMF then?
    02-09-13 10:51 AM
    Notice how none of these "tech review" sites ever made a fuss with apple not releasing a lower teir device. With the last line of iphones, where was the lower tier phone in that batch? Just ignore these so called reviewers.
    When apple releases a new phone, the preceding model becomes the middle end and the one before that becomes the low end model. I think that's a much more efficient business model than creating an entirely new product and going through the whole marketing and carrier testing processes all over again.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    02-09-13 11:05 AM
    Isn't "budget phone" cheap or low-end devices ?
    I've read about mid-range devices, for specific markets (Asia/India, I think), but never about low-end ones ...
    (may misunderstand)
    this and they said that BBOS7 phones would still be there as a low end budget device because the demand for them in developing nations is still there, tehre would be a mid level curve and high end Z10and Q10
    02-09-13 11:28 AM
    Didn't we already know this? I've been under the impression for months that we'd see the "low" end covered by OS7 devices only for this year at least. The only question is have is what are those devices, I understand it will be 2, and what is the pricing likely to be. I would imagine the 9320 would be one of those phones, it's a great entry level smartphone at an already great price. And I would imagine the 9900/30 would hang around at a reduced rate.
    Last edited by Jonesy1966; 02-09-13 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Bloody auto-correct!
    00stryder likes this.
    02-09-13 11:47 AM
    All that speculation from one slide... you shouldn't get your hopes up. why would they undercut their z10 so quickly?
    The last thing they want is to **** off early adopters. Maybe for Christmas but they said they are not interested in a specs race.
    You're right, but I'm not expecting the Aristo to show up until at least the fall. Like you said, no reason to undercut the Z10, but at the same time BlackBerry themselves announced that they'd be releasing a high-end device by the end of 2013. I don't know exactly where to source the quote but I believe they mentioned it sometime around BlackBerry World or whenever they were talking about the 6-device plan for 2013.
    02-09-13 01:31 PM
    When apple releases a new phone, the preceding model becomes the middle end and the one before that becomes the low end model. I think that's a much more efficient business model than creating an entirely new product and going through the whole marketing and carrier testing processes all over again.
    It is not really an efficient model nor a realistic one for anyone who is not making very high margins on their phones.

Also, as far as BB is concerned, it would not be one that would help them drive volumes this year which a lower priced model coming out after the z10 and q10 would.
    02-10-13 04:48 AM
    Didn't we already know this? I've been under the impression for months that we'd see the "low" end covered by OS7 devices only for this year at least. The only question is have is what are those devices, I understand it will be 2, and what is the pricing likely to be. I would imagine the 9320 would be one of those phones, it's a great entry level smartphone at an already great price. And I would imagine the 9900/30 would hang around at a reduced rate.
    I would expect the 9900 to vanish very quickly as it will never be a cheap device to make, the active bb7 range will be the lowest price curves and will most likely be the 9320 and an updated version of that.
    02-10-13 04:51 AM

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    So why does no apple fan bring this up, but when it comes to good old blackberry they get put on the rack for not having a low tier phone. I just think that it's funny.
    02-10-13 04:56 AM
36 12