It is important for me to inform the crackberry and teamblackberry addict like me all over the world that Nigeria has been a consumer of anything blckberry, yet less consideration is given to the users. Note that of 5 users of smartphones, 2 are blackberry, and the other two wish they can afford to buy. This could mean that 50% of smartphone users are using BlackBerry phones, be it brand new or refurbished or used. I'm in this to represent 10 million of teamblackberry in Nigeria.
    05-30-12 02:23 AM
    Good to hear.
    You could chip in a bit more by providing us the details on different BB plans and tariffs available in Nigeria now.

Last I visited there, it was 5000 Naira per month or so for BIS.

Please update the latest info.
    05-30-12 03:15 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!
    Blackberry is used worldwide much more then in America, it's good to know that i Nigeria people are also into Blackberry more then into other smartphones.
    05-30-12 08:49 AM
    BlackBerry plans in Nigeria have over the last few years witnessed a significant drop in rates charged by the different networks operating in the country. competition is the secret. you find a plan as low as 100 Naira per day. mtn nigeria goes for N3000 & N1500 per month on BIS & BB complete plan. same with etisalat nigeria & airtel networks. glo is relatively cheaper with N2000 & N1400 for same. and with improving technology, things are looking so good. im currently on glo network for it works perfectly with my 9860.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    06-09-12 10:56 PM
    Great to hear from you. Most of the news we get here is North America related and it tends to skew the news about RIM.
    06-09-12 11:02 PM
    Hello all. So great to see that RIM is taking Nigeria seriously in recent time. Getting involved directly in Nigeria and giving the customers in Nigeria a sense of belonging is well deserve attention from RIM. BlackBerry smartphones and the BlackBerry brand is a very competitive brand in the country, that's if not number one brand already.
    Just waiting to see the RIM Nigeria PLC go official and I'm on my way to buy the shares.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860
    10-10-12 09:13 PM
    I think RIM could afford to pay attention to the continent as a whole, but Nigeria is a unique piece of the pie. Africa's most populous nation is a BB stronghold.
    10-10-12 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD