I was thinking... If, in fact, BlackBerry does go ahead and adopt Android as a platform what would you think if they were next in line to produce a Nexus phone? Do you think a BlackBerry Nexus would garner a lot of sales and interest?
    Just a thought... I, for one, would love the idea if they were already going to dip toes in the Android market.
    07-15-15 08:12 PM
    BlackBerry isn't a hardware developer I believe.. they outsourced their own hardware development to Foxconn.. I don't see why Google would out source to them

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 08:15 PM
    Huawei is supposed to create the Nexus phone for this fall, rumored to be 5.7" QHD w/ metal body, Snapdragon 820 SoC, fingerprint reader. After that there is a long line of OEMs with longer history in the OHA who would be next in line to work with Google on the Nexus series.
    07-15-15 08:48 PM
    The only way I see that happening is if BlackBerry had some real good offerings for Google that they would want to give them a boost. It would be cool, but I doubt it

BB for Life
    officially_juju likes this.
    07-15-15 10:12 PM
    The only way I see that happening is if BlackBerry had some real good offerings for Google that they would want to give them a boost. It would be cool, but I doubt it

BB for Life
    Lol. I see this as HIGHLY unlikely as well. It would be a cool thought, though. I could imagine the controversy/excitement/publicity if it were to happen, though. I would love to hear that quarter's earnings report lol
    07-15-15 10:18 PM
    BB can make an exclusive PKB device for Google just to differentiate itself from other Android OEMs. This is with 'highly unlikely' assumption that somehow Google feels it has to offer a PKB device for the masses, or may be to enterprise customers. This could be A differentiator against iOS devices.
    Interesting is what will be the design language? Q5, Q10, Classic, Passport. Who knows, Slider maybe?
    officially_juju likes this.
    07-15-15 10:31 PM