Ok, so we have all heard the media reports on BlackBerry's failure to capture a decent market share in the smartphone wars. I have my own thoughts on this, but i am interested to hear other's. Apologies if this type of thread has already been started....

My first BlackBerry was a Curve 8520 and I thought it was great especially for email. At the time that handset did everything i wanted it to. I was never huge on taking photos etc. To me a phone was a phone for calls and texts and whatever it did extra was a bonus.

I then wanted a Bold so i upgraded to the Bold 9780, which again I thought was a fantastic phone. Good looking, compact physical keyboard, Brilliant! Long story short my current handset is the HTC One and I chose this over the Z10 because to be honest for me BlackBerry went boring. Now i know a lot of Z10 users will not appreciate such comments, but i think although the Z10, Q10 are great handsets in their own rights, comparing them to what else is on the market they are just boring. Having used the Z10 I am so glad i did not opt for that smartphone. It still suffers from the typical BlackBerry issues. Slow (compared to others) browser, restarts etc.

At the end of the day BlackBerry put a lot of hype around the Z10 and Q10, but they have both been a huge let down. Although I don't like and have never owned an iPhone at least Apple are constantly improving their devices and make them look fashionable. Me personally I am Android all thee way now as their OS is smooth and just works. Simple!

It took me a long time to leave BlackBerry as email is important to me and i was always under the impression that BlackBerry was the best and most secure as it uses PUSH email. Well, HTC One and many other smartphones all have PUSH email too. Now, BBM is coming to Android.. What really is the point in owning a BlackBerry anymore? This is not an insult to BlackBerry users as i think their handsets are good. I just wonder who agrees / disagrees with me on this.

Over to you...
    09-27-13 05:27 PM
    You make a point. There are fewer differences in general, though I'd say that there's no premium Android keyboard phone that would be the equivalent of the Q10.

The argument I'd make for BB10 is that the UI is actually pretty consistent and straightforward. Nice transitions and animations, and generally it's fairly easy to find stuff. I'd still contend that for a new user who didn't need "x" or "y" app, BB10 is a pretty decent platform.

BB10 has already improved quite a bit since launch. How long ago did you try it?
    09-27-13 05:42 PM
    Ok, so we have all heard the media reports on BlackBerry's failure to capture a decent market share in the smartphone wars. I have my own thoughts on this, but i am interested to hear other's. Apologies if this type of thread has already been started....

My first BlackBerry was a Curve 8520 and I thought it was great especially for email. At the time that handset did everything i wanted it to. I was never huge on taking photos etc. To me a phone was a phone for calls and texts and whatever it did extra was a bonus.

I then wanted a Bold so i upgraded to the Bold 9780, which again I thought was a fantastic phone. Good looking, compact physical keyboard, Brilliant! Long story short my current handset is the HTC One and I chose this over the Z10 because to be honest for me BlackBerry went boring. Now i know a lot of Z10 users will not appreciate such comments, but i think although the Z10, Q10 are great handsets in their own rights, comparing them to what else is on the market they are just boring. Having used the Z10 I am so glad i did not opt for that smartphone. It still suffers from the typical BlackBerry issues. Slow (compared to others) browser, restarts etc.

At the end of the day BlackBerry put a lot of hype around the Z10 and Q10, but they have both been a huge let down. Although I don't like and have never owned an iPhone at least Apple are constantly improving their devices and make them look fashionable. Me personally I am Android all thee way now as their OS is smooth and just works. Simple!

It took me a long time to leave BlackBerry as email is important to me and i was always under the impression that BlackBerry was the best and most secure as it uses PUSH email. Well, HTC One and many other smartphones all have PUSH email too. Now, BBM is coming to Android.. What really is the point in owning a BlackBerry anymore? This is not an insult to BlackBerry users as i think their handsets are good. I just wonder who agrees / disagrees with me on this.

Over to you...
    The z10 doesn't have a slow browser.
    09-27-13 05:44 PM
    Last time I checked the z10 had the fast browser over the 5c 5s gs4 etc and the new q and z 10 doesn't have those restart or battery pull issues

Posted via CB10
    potatoguy likes this.
    09-27-13 05:48 PM
    BB10 browser is the fastest on the market. Do a HTML5 test before you jump to a conclusion that BlackBerry is slow (maybe legacy devices are). My Z10 Scores 485 out of 500 while my wife's iPhone 5 scores 380. Android's phones are usually scoring lower. The reason why Z10 is not selling because average consumers irrationally jump to conclusion that BB10 is not good before actually trying it

Posted via CB10
    potatoguy and wildbanger like this.
    09-27-13 06:07 PM
    BB10 browser is the fastest on the market. Do a HTML5 test before you jump to a conclusion that BlackBerry is slow (maybe legacy devices are). My Z10 Scores 485 out of 500 while my wife's iPhone 5 scores 380. Android's phones are usually scoring lower. The reason why Z10 is not selling because average consumers irrationally jump to conclusion that BB10 is not good before actually trying it

Posted via CB10

^^ this. OP is just ignorant.
    09-27-13 06:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yuuupppppppppp! This.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    atjovic likes this.
    09-27-13 06:28 PM
    Yeah , you are wrong the Z10 is very fast, and responsive,.Mine never reboots.
    Iy is good looking and battery life is ok.

BB Z10 Rocks!
    rustong likes this.
    09-27-13 06:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    The HTML *compatibility* test has nothing to do with speed of the browser, only with how *capable* the browser is, by testing how closely the browser obeys the HTML5 spec. The BB10 browser is certainly very quick, extremely capable, and scores extremely high, but this does NOT mean it's the *fastest* browser out there.
    09-27-13 06:29 PM

Over to you...
    Slow Browser? Boy get out of here. As far as restarts those have happened more with the original software release. The UX has gotten a lot better with 10.1 and will only get better for 10.2, 10.3, etc. I've probably only had 1 restart since the original software but my experience has always been excellent.

Posted via CB10
    rustong likes this.
    09-27-13 06:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    Your last sentence says exactly what the OP is doing. Without any experience with the product he's going by what he thinks of the product. People who jump to conclusion are ignorant in my eyes.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 06:35 PM
    I love my Z10. Haters are always going to hate. However, I care not. My Z is awesome.
    09-27-13 07:02 PM

Over to you...
    Troll

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 07:12 PM
    Let me turn the question around on you. What's the point in owning an iDroid, considering BlackBerry QWERTY phones are so much better? Justify your decision and then and only then I might consider justifying mine to you.
    09-27-13 07:25 PM
    also been proven that bb10 browser is as fast as the rest oif not faster so thats a load of BS and ive yet to exprience a slow down let alone a freeze on my q5 but i dont deny the z10 had problems near release just cause i dont notice them on a different model
    09-27-13 07:27 PM
    The HTML *compatibility* test has nothing to do with speed of the browser, only with how *capable* the browser is, by testing how closely the browser obeys the HTML5 spec. The BB10 browser is certainly very quick, extremely capable, and scores extremely high, but this does NOT mean it's the *fastest* browser out there.
    Quite true. I'm not big on benchmarking, preferring to gauge by my own experience if possible, but if you're going to go there, do the Sunspider benchmark, not this ludicrous HTML5 test. Firefox for Android smokes the BB10 browser so badly it's not funny. Even the older, pokier versions of Chrome were faster. Still, I'm not sure in real life use, you'd notice that big a difference . . . .
    09-27-13 07:30 PM
    Does Firefox for Android support Flash websites?
    09-27-13 07:34 PM
    Not sure how you think bb10 has a slower browser!

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 07:43 PM
    People calm yourselves. Look OP you probably haven't used a Z10 lately. It needed some bug fixes out of the gate that quite frankly hurt the image. But, since the fixes there have been no issues with these phones and they are fast. It's okay if you like your HTC now but it is not a good idea to make your thoughts public about a phone you tried when it was first of it's kind. Did you try Android when it was brand new? It was much worse and I'm not talking slow browser and OS. That stuff improves with technology. I'm talking software bugs and user issues. It was bound to have some issues. Apple didn't get it perfect right away either but years of taking revenue away from BlackBerry has given it the muscle to easily fix problems. Same goes for Android OS. Pick up another Z10 (they should be going cheap right now), Use it for a couple weeks, and then give us your thoughts. If you don't want to then don't ask if we as current users have the same experience now as you did probably many months ago. BB10 right now is very much improved over itself, is a very capable OS and is continually getting better. Just don't come back saying it sucks because we don't have Instagram or Netflix because CB will go nuts on you.
    09-27-13 07:43 PM

Over to you...
    Well the point of owning a BlackBerry is this: I have a job, I make money, I spend the money on what I like. I like my Z10. I prefer it to other phones.

This cell phone duopoly mentality is ridiculous. Why are people so dead set on only 2? Every other product on the planet is better for having many brands and choices. But when it's phones, no, we only want 2.

It's mental.

That's the end of my rant for the day. Thank-you.

Posted via CB10
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    09-27-13 07:48 PM
    I want the two minutes of my life that it took me to read the opening post back please.

Z10 via CB10
    09-27-13 07:51 PM
    I read the whole post from the OP and while he might be a planted/paid troll, it did not come off that bad. I feel that his sentiments echo those of the overall marketplace..I would even go so far as to say he was diplomatic, the stuff I hear and read about BB's are often worse and often untrue.

That being said, his key points about BB10 are what the market feels is true. Slow, boring, "no apps", bad camera, etc etc. What we know is that there is great innovation and key useful features ( built in vs apps) that make the phone great and a delight. The inability to tell that story vs the market noise is the legacy that BB must now deal with. The real fact is, BB's did not have good browsers, were slower and suffered from freezing. The fact is when consumers wanted to browse and play some games and download apps and videos, BB's were not addressing that need, AND when the did, it was VERY bad see: Storm, Torch.

Are there more elegant devices out there? for sure, that is what choice is about. Some want fashion, some want slick and packed with features, some want HUGE! and some want pragmatic. It's obvious that BB10 can satisfy the needs of modern smartphone users, but with the perception as it stands, most shoppers will never know. Are there missing elements to the overall user experience ( like cloud, media)? certainly, but device to device it stands up quite well.

And finally, while the browser might not be THE fastest, it is very fast, user friendly and effective. This point is debated when no real debate is required. The browser rocks.
    09-27-13 08:03 PM
    Does Firefox for Android support Flash websites?
    Yes, it does, as long as you've installed Flash for Android.

Actually, if you have a Nexus device or are rooted, even faster than Firefox is the AOSP (Android Open Source Project) browser. Fastest mobile browser I've ever used by far, though I only have it on my tab. Also supports Flash.
    09-27-13 08:05 PM
    I have yet to see a browser faster than my Z10.

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    09-27-13 08:30 PM
    lol ya what? i read that and was like uhhhh
    09-27-13 08:54 PM
33 12