Hi everyone, thanks for all the help- we were in a store yesterday and I had already made up my mind that with the secure features I had read up on the Blackberry, I was willing to forego my need for the photography / social media apps that I needed.

However in the store, when I told the sales guy I had decided on getting a Z10, his face turned sour and he let me test ride a Galaxy S4. After about twenty minutes, I just fell in love with it!

My husband was relieved, as he believes that security / IM features of Blackberry are actually its only selling points, versus the many things I can do with an S4.

So with that, I retired my well loved iPhone 3G and am now rocking a Galaxy S4. Thanks everyone for all the help!
    Morty2264 likes this.
    08-23-13 01:17 PM
    I think in the end it is the right choice for what I think suites your needs best. It is great though you tried to discover alternative devices and inform yourself prior buying.

What I don't understand though is that sales rep, your story goes hand in hand with countless other reports from our US members. I don't understand why they even have BlackBerry devices for sale if they don't want to sell them anyways. Especially if a user actually demands a Z10. Why it is ok to offer other devices, it doesn't speak for a good sales person to come up with that face-reaction you've descriped. In the end I don't really want to know how many sales have been prevented due to such cheap sales staff.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    Morty2264 and nessiedavis like this.
    08-23-13 02:10 PM
    I think it's just hilarious how sales reps in stores will scorn you to hell if you want to buy a BlackBerry and actually pretty much force you to change your mind. So much for free market capitalism lol!
    Taigatrommel likes this.
    08-23-13 02:27 PM
    Hey everyone, Im new here and heard a lot of great support in Crackberry.

Im thinking of getting my first Blackberry but cant seem to decide, so was hoping to get some advice. My husband is paying for it, so I guess budget isnt a biggie. Heehee.

Basically Im looking for a good sturdy phone with a very good camera. I travel a lot for work so taking photos of the places I go to are important to me. My husband suggested the Galaxy S4 as it has a 13 megapixel camera, but I prefer Blackberry as I need push email. I also plan to use it to stay in touch through Facebook and Twitter.

I dont really need a lot of apps but do need the basic ones. Since my line of work is related to photography, Id need Instagram and Vine for starters. I have Evernote and Dropbox on my PC so Id need those too. Also need Skype, Netflix, Pandora, and Whatsapp. Im not fond of games but Candy Crush would be really nice.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Sorry but anyone that was honest would have to conclude based on your requirements that BlackBerry is not for you. Main draw back are the majority of the apps you listed are not available at this time - if you are technical person and want to learn about Sideloading that would get you most of what you want - but I decided against the Z10 for my wife because it just isn't a good user experience for most. And while my Z10 will take good pictures (fine for posting) if you look at some site the deal with photography the Z10 camera while above average, it is not the best in class.
    08-23-13 02:34 PM
    OP got a device that she didn't have to make compromises for. Glad you like your S4. The Z10 would have been a good choice if it had all the apps you wanted but that is the game that is played. As for the sales reps they seem to just scowl at the mere mention of BB but it doesn't even matter anymore. People want apps. Sales reps want happy customers. BB loses again. It will only be those willing to compromise that will get a BB unfortunatly and that really means that Android and Apple will continue to dominate for many years to come. It will take a long time for the app game to hit parity between all OSs. Enjoy OP. You pretty much threw salt in every BB fans wounds on this site in one sweeping thread post.
    08-23-13 02:42 PM
    OP got a device that she didn't have to make compromises for. Glad you like your S4. The Z10 would have been a good choice if it had all the apps you wanted but that is the game that is played. As for the sales reps they seem to just scowl at the mere mention of BB but it doesn't even matter anymore. People want apps. Sales reps want happy customers. BB loses again. It will only be those willing to compromise that will get a BB unfortunatly and that really means that Android and Apple will continue to dominate for many years to come. It will take a long time for the app game to hit parity between all OSs. Enjoy OP. You pretty much threw salt in every BB fans wounds on this site in one sweeping thread post.
    Thanks. It wasn't my intention to throw salt in fans wounds. I really favored giving Blackberry shot based on the secure features I had read about. It's just that after playing with the S4 I realized I want something that already has what I need, not something that promises to have what I need.

I've read around the forums too and just realized how potentially troubled Blackberry is. Oh well, I wish you all well.
    08-25-13 09:45 AM
    Thanks. It wasn't my intention to throw salt in fans wounds. I really favored giving Blackberry shot based on the secure features I had read about. It's just that after playing with the S4 I realized I want something that already has what I need, not something that promises to have what I need.

I've read around the forums too and just realized how potentially troubled Blackberry is. Oh well, I wish you all well.
    We are just talking phones here, there is nothing to hate or cheer about at all. The best device after all is the one which fits your needs the best. In your case it became clear the Z10 unfortunatly doesn't really suit your requirements or at least it might've been a rocky experience.

Maybe we'll read again in two or three years when you can upgrade again. I hope BlackBerry will still be around and, by that time, "we" can offer you a much more fitting phone!

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    nessiedavis likes this.
    08-25-13 09:55 AM
    If there is a crackberry thread that needs to be read by the blackberry higher ups, it is this one. This thread is a true microcosm of what is going with millions of potential BB10 users.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    08-25-13 10:26 AM
    You will need to be comfortable with side loading if you want instagram, vine and Netflix.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 10:31 AM
    The OP seems like a professional Troll, writing a drama-like post asking for the so well known missing apps in BB10 and asking for advice in a site that more likely will give her a "BlackBerry advice " just to get a couple of answers redirecting her to Samsung reviews. Are we actually having Samsung publicity in our beloved site without knowing?

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 10:31 AM
    Oh **** sakes... another one pushed off the bridge for Galaxy S4...

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 10:32 AM
    --------+++
    Attached Thumbnails Blackberry Newbie-img_00000705.jpg  
    08-25-13 10:57 AM
37 12