I purchased a Netgear WNDR3300 router today and have been setting it up for WPS security with my Blackberry Curve 8320 and Blackberry pearl 8120. The BB's are now working fine through the router but for the life of me I cannot figure out how I did it. Maybe someone else can give me a clue.

I selected to add a WPS client using the PIN method. When I tried to connect to the router the BB generated a PIN number which I then entered on the router. My question is this: The router says to then press the software button on the client and start the process. WHAT BUTTON?? The only selection on the screen that generated the PIN was the CANCEL button.

Somehow I got past that point and ended up getting connected.

Mark
    09-19-09 06:30 PM
    Tooko the router back to Best Buy and returned it. Ended up that the supposedly extended range was nowhere to be found. And I have a small home. The old Lynksys actually gave me better signal strength. Plus, using WPS, evertime my Blackberry would reboot, I had to go through the WPS client setup process again.
    09-21-09 06:57 AM
    I also bought and returned the same router. It would not talk to my other (Linksys) routers and it could not be updated with DD-WRT firmware.
    09-21-09 11:00 AM
    why not use wpa setup?
    09-21-09 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD