Instagram
    Netflix
    Vine
    Spotify

Blackberry NEEDS to drop big money on these four apps....NOW!!!

THEY NEED THESE APPS ON THE PLATFORM IMMEDIATLEY ........HURRY UPP BB!

I want to see Crackberry grind Blackberry Corporate on why these apps arent here yet. Make them uncomfortable...make them sweat!

Z10in' since the Beginnin'
    Last edited by JBML007; 07-26-13 at 02:24 AM.
    07-25-13 09:39 PM
    I count 4 apps there.
    I may be going out on a limb here, but I suspect that BB approached ALL the major app companies more than a year ago to develop for 10. I suspect that money or manpower/ assistance is not the issue with the missing apps. I do recall someone (Alex?) saying that if the (top app) companies needed assistance BB would be at their door to help.
    07-25-13 10:11 PM
    They should focus on something we can't sideload yet like Vine and instagram, and yes i know you can sideload instagram but its pretty useless when you can't record videos nor watch videos on mobile or properly leave comments when the keyboard messes everything up!
    07-25-13 10:16 PM
    They should focus on something we can't sideload yet like Vine and instagram, and yes i know you can sideload instagram but its pretty useless when you can't record videos nor watch videos on mobile or properly leave comments when the keyboard messes everything up!
    You're able to watch the vid no problem with the newest instagram version. The comment problem isn't a huge deal, there are work around for them.

I do wish for Vine to come first than anything else!

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 10:19 PM
    Instagram
    Netflix
    Vine
    Spotify

Blackberry NEEDS to drop big money on these three apps....NOW!!!

I want to see Crackberry grind Blackberry Corporate on why these apps arent here yet. Make them uncomfortable...make them sweat!

Those are the main apps that got the iPhone off shelves including Angry Birds.

Posted via CB10
    fbf2012 likes this.
    07-25-13 11:19 PM
    Those are the main apps that got the iPhone off shelves including Angry Birds.

Posted via CB10
    Yeeeeeeep!

Come on BB

Dont let us down guys!

Come on Crackberry

Start asking the tough questions to Blackberry's app relations department.

Last edited by JBML007; 07-26-13 at 02:19 AM.
    07-25-13 11:45 PM
    You're able to watch the vid no problem with the newest instagram version. The comment problem isn't a huge deal, there are work around for them.

I do wish for Vine to come first than anything else!

Posted via CB10
    Yeah if you on the 10.2 leak ...
    07-26-13 12:25 AM
    Nope.

I'm on 10.1 and can watch instavids no problem.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 12:55 AM
    As redundant as these threads are..........

and as annoying as it is to see them everyday...

they're 100% correct!

BlackBerry needs these apps, so they can say "LOOK WHAT WE HAVE NOW!"
    07-26-13 02:18 AM
    As redundant as these threads are..........

and as annoying as it is to see them everyday...

they're 100% correct!

BlackBerry needs these apps, so they can say "LOOK WHAT WE HAVE NOW!"
    The only thing more redundant then making this thread...is feeling justified in making this redundant thread....come on alec what hell have you been doing for 5mths. Get these apps now!!!...

07-26-13 02:21 AM
    It's Martyn Mallick's responsibility to work with the top developers, not Alec's.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 03:57 AM
    It's Martyn Mallick's responsibility to work with the top developers, not Alec's.

Posted via CB10
    Is this the guy completely letting down blackberry nation?

I want to see this guy explain why those apps aint here, explain why apps shown in the backdrop at launch arent here, what da F has he been doing!?!?

07-26-13 08:04 AM
    Are you joking we should not pay anybody to come to the Blackberry platform. this thread is a joke
    07-26-13 10:04 AM
    Are you joking we should not pay anybody to come to the Blackberry platform. this thread is a joke
    You know saying something is a joke...doesnt actually make it a joke.

Hope this helps in your future. cheers

07-26-13 10:11 AM
    BlackBerry has two choices for getting apps written:
    1. Try to "bribe" the developer in to writting it. That does not work.
    2. Subsidize the cost of the devices at retail to "bribe" people to buy the phone. This works.

Once enough people are holding the phone and want apps, the developer should get more interested in writing them.
    07-26-13 10:56 AM
    Just wondering. Can BlackBerry forced some kind of agreement to devs that if they are allowed to enter BlackBerry World they can not make app for other platform or they will be fined or something?

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 11:03 AM
    Just wondering. Can BlackBerry forced some kind of agreement to devs that if they are allowed to enter BlackBerry World they can not make app for other platform or they will be fined or something?

Posted via CB10
    They can ask and even pay developers to enter an exclusive contract with BlackBerry. No developer would do it. They just wouldn't write apps for a platform which required an exclusive arrangement.
    Last edited by jrohland; 07-26-13 at 12:53 PM.
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    07-26-13 11:14 AM
    You know saying something is a joke...doesnt actually make it a joke.

Hope this helps in your future. cheers

Doesn't have to say for it to be true.
    07-26-13 11:47 AM
    Doesn't have to say for it to be true.
    There is nothing funny, or ridiculous about saying blackberry needs to do whatever neccesary to bring the big apps missing over. Or asking why Crackberry doesnt grind Blackberry on this issue.

There is nothing funny or ridiculous about a company losing billions of dollars in sales cause it wont spend a couple million on major apps people want.

Get your head out of the fanboy sand bud. BB needs to do this now! Or continue to fall.

07-26-13 11:51 AM
    Thanks, I was feeling a little depressed till I read your post here. Now I have a smile.

Posted from my Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.483
    MisterMe11 likes this.
    07-26-13 12:19 PM
    I agree. Blackberry should allocate, say $100M to literally buy some top apps. Contract for an Android port for speed to market followed by a native version by a preset date. They need to break free of the current impasse before it's too late, IMHO.

There is nothing funny or ridiculous about a company losing billions of dollars in sales cause it wont spend a couple million on major apps people want.

kfh227 likes this.
    07-26-13 02:25 PM
    Instagram
    Netflix
    Vine
    Spotify

what makes you think they haven't approached these companies with money in hand? unless you KNOW for a FACT that they haven't you just bitchin for no reason.

maybe these app devs have said "get back to us with sales figures in a couple of quarters". the world of BBRY will not end if these 4 apps aren't there. there are peope who don't care about these apps. i mean netflix, is so last decade at this point.

so we ***** to BBRY as you say....what changes? it is up to the software company to either make an app or allow BBRY to make one.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    07-26-13 07:44 PM
    How do you know they haven't offered "big money"? And for that matter, how much is 'big money'? A million? 5 million? 50 million? a half billion? :-)
    07-29-13 01:16 PM
    I agree. Blackberry should allocate, say $100M to literally buy some top apps.
    AGAIN - how do you know they haven't? What's Marty Mallack's budget? What do the terms and conditions say of deals with - say "Skype"? Where did the discussions start and stall with companies like Netflix and Instagram?

People are making all kinds of assumptions about what has and hasn't been done without knowing what has and hasn't been done? And no, claiming "they aren't on the platform" is not evidence of what has and hasn't been done to try and get those apps on the platform.
    dannykavs likes this.
    07-29-13 01:18 PM
    There is nothing funny, or ridiculous about saying blackberry needs to do whatever neccesary to bring the big apps missing over.
    So, if Netflix tells Thorsten Heins he needs to pay $3 billion in cash, plus provide 50% ownership in BlackBerry and pay $500 million a quarter for Netflix in order to get it on the platform, Thorsten should do it?

Or asking why Crackberry doesnt grind Blackberry on this issue.
    How do you know they haven't asked?

How do you know they haven't offered millions to get people what they want? Do you have the contracts for Skype and Angry Birds Star Wars in hand? Webex? Etc?

I'm all for people getting pissed about apps not being on the platform. Not for people making claims about negotiations they weren't involved in to know where they stalled or what was or wasn't offered.
    07-29-13 01:23 PM
39 12