Like many on here, I have never understood why BlackBerry went with this 1:1 ratio. No one seems to like it, especially developers that can't be bothered to put in a little extra work.

Everyone has been saying they want a qwerty with tall screen so they can enjoy apps, media and other content. But as you all know bb is still sticking to the 1:1 ratio for the "Q30" and boy is that phone looking ugly, prototype or not.

I really think BlackBerry need to ditch it for good for future phones cos it just doesn't make sense. With a taller screen we can view more content and things don't look awkward or deformed, like the active frames on the Q10 or the new longer settings menu.

I remember CB kind of touching on the subject a while ago with an article by Kevin I think. Well I think they should do another article or poll on this because it seems BlackBerry only really pay attention to CB front page articles.

Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 11:17 AM
    Many people have wanted a keyboard device that has a 16x9 taller screen and that is what the Q30 might end up being. Just have to see!
    xxslxx likes this.
    02-21-14 11:37 AM
    I don't see a 16:9 ratio working... I think a 4:3 would be perfect.

Blackberry Q10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    02-21-14 11:39 AM
    I've learned you should develop on 1:1 ratio, because it's a lot easier to then make it work on others then the other way around. So luckily I have Dev Alpha C for development, and my Z10 for later testing.

If they do that screen size ("Q30" concept), or even a bit shorter, it will be a lot easier for us! Q10 screen is very short, and it's sometimes hard to put all the information in it without having to scroll.

For those who haven't seen concept art of "Q30" yet:
    BlackBerry needs to ditch this 1:1 ratio-blackberry-q30-windermere-700x548.jpeg
    02-21-14 11:40 AM
    Everyone has been saying they want a qwerty with tall screen so they can enjoy apps, media and other content. But as you all know bb is still sticking to the 1:1 ratio for the "Q30" and boy is that phone looking ugly, prototype or not.

I really think BlackBerry need to ditch it for good for future phones cos it just doesn't make sense. With a taller screen we can view more content and things don't look awkward or deformed, like the active frames on the Q10 or the new longer settings menu.
    I think the active frames actually look really nice on the Q10, I usually never have more the 3-4 open, they fit nicely. And even when I have more open, scrolling down isn't an issue.

I'm not against the 1x1 screen, but i'm not necessarily a strong supporter of it. But you do run into issues if you make the screen taller... if you're going to view media (presumably why you'd want a bigger screen.. and while we're on that topic, I don't think most Q10 users / Qwerty users place a high priority on consuming media) holding it vertically would result in the same viewing screen size, holding it horizontally would be super awkward.

Really the only solution I see is 3 phones, all touch and thin, qwerty and thin, slider and thick.

I do see a lot of torches around, many even prefer them over the 9900
    02-21-14 11:44 AM