Forget phones, I really think the biggest threat to BlackBerry is Google Glass. Wearing glass tech is a huge time saver and possible life saver.

If BlackBerry want to keep moving they need to start thinking ideas now.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 09:20 AM
    Wearable tech is such a weak category that there's no reason for BlackBerry to start throwing money towards it. Plus, see this article about the highly ephemeral nature of wearable tech:

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/...lose-interest/

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 07:36 AM
    First Google glass makes you look so dumb.

Second you look like I don't remember who in Dragon Ball Z

Third how many people paid to get rid of their glasses? Or wear regular glasses.. I know I just spent 3500$ to get rid of mine so you won't see me wear glasses ever again except for sunglasses because it's mandatory

Posted from my Q10 with only 1GB of RAM
    02-23-14 08:02 AM
    I think not. We need to worry about getting our phone sales up, not blow more money on weareable tech.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-23-14 11:26 AM
    BlackBerry needs to get everything else figured out first with their current portfolio. After that, maybe look into other applications.
    02-23-14 11:28 AM
    BlackBerry needs to get everything else figured out first with their current portfolio. After that, maybe look into other applications.
    TITCR.

If BlackBerry can't even get their phones marketed and sold, I don't think diversifying into wearable tech will make much difference.

Posted via CB10
    Rello likes this.
    02-23-14 11:43 AM
    TITCR.

If BlackBerry can't even get their phones marketed and sold, I don't think diversifying into wearable tech will make much difference.

Posted via CB10
    Some people will never understand this...

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 11:50 AM
    TITCR.

Posted via CB10
    Why? If you're struggling to make money in one market because of the stiff competition you're never going to make profit.

But if you spread that money entering several different markets, you give yourself a stronger chance to make money because there is less risk in each individual market and higher capital gain.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 02:44 PM
    There is so much wrong with that approach, it's not even a debate. That's not how it works.
    02-23-14 02:55 PM
    Why? If you're struggling to make money in one market because of the stiff competition you're never going to make profit.

But if you spread that money entering several different markets, you give yourself a stronger chance to make money because there is less risk in each individual market and higher capital gain.

Posted via CB10

They don't have the $ to enter into every market. Focus on what you do well and can conquer first (aka enterprise) then with a little cash flow they can possibly experiment in new markets.

Remember they are still loosing $ every quarter and will be for the next few in the best case scenario.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 06:24 PM
    Forget phones, I really think the biggest threat to BlackBerry is Google Glass. Wearing glass tech is a huge time saver and possible life saver.

If BlackBerry want to keep moving they need to start thinking ideas now.

Posted via CB10
    Google Glass is yet another Goggle beta product that will eventually be cancelled.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    02-24-14 01:05 AM
    TITCR.

Posted via CB10
    Just because they fail to succeed in one market doesn't mean they can't attempt to enter another, especially when the market is such a new one. Many companies have saved themselves like this.

But I agree, wearable tech is not the solution for BlackBerry. God, judging by the looks of their phones alone, nobody is going to want to wear a BlackBerry Watch. They don't have the power, execution, and innovation to pull of such a daring idea. They just can't risk it.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 08:37 AM