I wanna get a charger to use bb in my car. I went to walmart and they had like a generic charger that's compatible with alot of phones including bb.

Should I get a cheap generic charger or a official blackberry cahrgER>?
    10-18-08 06:19 PM
    I use my gps charger and haven't had any problems
    10-18-08 06:20 PM
    I have two, a regular BB one for the car and another for the other car that us a generic one. As long as it has the right port your fine..... Both working great for me.
    10-18-08 06:20 PM
    I think you'll be fine. I am using one that also came with multiple
    adapters. It cost $5 and has not killed my phone or harmed
    any of my batteries.
    10-18-08 06:42 PM
    I bought one at Target that was for either the Treo or a BlackBerry...they had about a half-dozen different models and price points...I picked the cheapest...works like a champ!

-neil

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-08 08:07 PM
    My cheap one from target works like a champ.
    10-18-08 08:12 PM
    The insides of the car adapter are basic electronics. The least expensive will work the same as the brand name ones. My .02

Feed the need™
    10-18-08 08:14 PM
    I've been through two different chargers now and neither of them are charging my BB in the car. My husband's non BB phone charges just fine (same adapter) but mine doesn't. Anyone have ideas, suggestions?!?!
    10-20-08 01:50 PM
    cheap generic
    10-20-08 01:55 PM
    Just beware that the new BB have a micro charger port. The Flip, Bold, Thunder, and Storm have this new port so old BB chargers won't work unless you get an adapter.

But, generic chargers work 100% fine. I have one for my Curve that I keep in my car just in case I need to charge it.
    10-20-08 02:14 PM
    As long as the voltage / amperage rating are the same. My wife thought "since it fits it must work" so she hooked up my Tom Tom MiniUSB to her HTC Shadow and poof...battery bubbles - not a pretty sight.

Most Blackberries have an input rating of 5V/700mA.
    10-20-08 02:17 PM
    I tried my Garmin charger once and the phone wouldn't charge at all.. but my Motorola charger works fine on my BB.
    10-20-08 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD