This is a sweet opportunity for BlackBerry to pounce on. Let's take security to the next level. The NSA is spying on several top leaders therefore as of now, all affected parties will be looking for ways to safely secure their communications and blackberry if wise, can take it as a serious priority to contact these parties and assure them of super security. If it means setting up new servers and equipment to achieve it, they should do so. BlackBerry's unpopularity in America could have all stemed up from this mastermind by the NSA to bring them down in order to have easy access to apple and Android devices. The youth of today DGAF* about security and so focusing on these leaders could put them in pole position and resurrect their enterprise business from which blackberry gained it's popularity into consumer markets.
    10-27-13 09:10 PM
    Seeing how many...umm...ignorant...people there are on CB alone who couldn't care less of their privacy, I'd say the marketing could be directed elsewhere.
    10-27-13 09:14 PM
    NSA just got Angela Merkel's phone line.. and didn't she use BlackBerry? So isn't it mean that BlackBerry isn't safe from NSA?

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 09:20 PM
    Yea BlackBerry has been hacked before. However the question is whether info is being directly handed to nsa being compliant with us courts as many companies had to, or did nsa hack some other way.

Posted via CB10
    BK_NY_RAY likes this.
    10-27-13 09:30 PM
    NSA just got Angela Merkel's phone line.. and didn't she use BlackBerry? So isn't it mean that BlackBerry isn't safe from NSA?

Posted via CB10
    It was her personal phone and not a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 09:35 PM
    Yea BlackBerry has been hacked before. However the question is whether info is being directly handed to nsa being compliant with us courts as many companies had to, or did nsa hack some other way.

Posted via CB10
    When and where has BlackBerry ever been hacked on a BES server?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using CB Forums mobile app
    10-27-13 09:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    That pic was taken a while ago this year sometime during the summer when she ordered it. Whoever wrote the article chose the pic to confuse you.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 10:22 PM
    They might as well capitalize on it. They're about to have another competitor and this competitor uses the same AES-256 and ECC encryption methods. Research QSAlpha. It's claiming to be the most secured smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 10:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    That was a Nokia, IIRC...she is now using her BB that she got.
    BK_NY_RAY likes this.
    10-27-13 10:27 PM
    And how would all this benefit your average consumer?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    TgeekB, JR A and Blacklatino like this.
    10-27-13 10:29 PM
    This whole NSA is overblown. I can't believe anyone was ever dumb enough to believe there devices were ever private. Thet never were and they never will be. Get use to it.
    bbq10l, JR A, howarmat and 5 others like this.
    10-27-13 11:13 PM
    And how would all this benefit your average consumer?
    Just ask anyone that has had their identity stolen. I know there are other ways for it to happen but there is enough info on my phone for someone to make my life miserable. The harder they make it for them to steal it, the more likely they will look elsewhere.
    dalight13 likes this.
    10-27-13 11:35 PM
    I don't know.

Considering the government is a big customer of BlackBerry's, I don't know how smart it would be to make it a "BlackBerry vs. NSA" type thing....
    10-27-13 11:41 PM
    The NSA can absolutely spy on a BlackBerry on a BES server. There is no "security" any more.

Link:

U.S. and U.K. spies crack BlackBerry BES encryption, report says - Computerworld
    Last edited by look_alive; 10-28-13 at 12:01 AM.
    Etios, JR A, bbq10l and 1 others like this.
    10-27-13 11:47 PM
    When and where has BlackBerry ever been hacked on a BES server?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using CB Forums mobile app
    U.S. and U.K. spies crack BlackBerry BES encryption, report says - Computerworld
    JR A likes this.
    10-27-13 11:55 PM
    The NBA can absolutely spy on a BlackBerry on a BES server. There is no "security" any more.

Link:

LeBron James is spying on our cell phones !

Sent from my HTC One
    look_alive, JR A, shaleem and 1 others like this.
    10-27-13 11:58 PM
    Just ask anyone that has had their identity stolen. I know there are other ways for it to happen but there is enough info on my phone for someone to make my life miserable. The harder they make it for them to steal it, the more likely they will look elsewhere.
    Yes, of course people will want security to help safeguard the privacy. But what I meant was how is BlackBerry going to take this news about the monitoring of government officials, and turn it into something that they can use to sell consumers? Convincing everyone to setup personal BES servers isn't quite going to work...
    10-28-13 12:12 AM
    Yes, of course people will want security to help safeguard the privacy. But what I meant was how is BlackBerry going to take this news about the monitoring of government officials, and turn it into something that they can use to sell consumers? Convincing everyone to setup personal BES servers isn't quite going to work...
    They can't turn it into anything, because the vaunted BES platform has been cracked and spied on by the NSA for several years now.

JR A, LuisCast and Etios like this.
    10-28-13 12:19 AM
    Come on BlackBerry you can do it. Your phones are the most secured..

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30.
    10-28-13 12:34 AM
    The NSA can absolutely spy on a BlackBerry on a BES server. There is no "security" any more.

Link:

They can't turn it into anything, because the vaunted BES platform has been cracked and spied on by the NSA for several years now.

That report has been extensively discussed here, and the consensus, at least to me, seemed to be that unless more details are provided, it's unlikely BES encryption itself has been cracked.
    kbz1960 and Alphax45 like this.
    10-28-13 12:39 AM
    Marketing should have jumped on this back with the launch of the Z10. They have had many opportunities to push security & a great phone but thy were asleep at the wheel along with the rest of BlackBerry's management. Management should not be rewarded once the company is purchased because they have done nothing. They should be busting their humps to make up for lost time and get a promotion plane together to get the excess stock Z10's into the market.
    Rocking with my Z10 & 64GB Playbook
    10-28-13 12:45 AM

Link:

The NSA must have gotten the 1 Billion dollar reward then cuz Certicom (company owned by BlackBerry) actually challenged hackers to try to hack their ECC and AES encryption plus the NSA said that ECC is the most secure solution to have on a mobile platform.

Posted via CB10
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    10-28-13 12:54 AM
    Average consumer will never even come into contact with BES so how can BBRY market this? It's not like the average consumer is going to spend the hundreds or thousands to set up their own BES accounts just so they can be "secure" from "threats" like the NSA and such... Those who need to know about BES (IT, government agencies, etc) already know about BES; there's nothing there to market/advertise/capitalize on.

What's keeping BBRY from growing in the enterprise realm is BYOD and the fact that even BB10 don't support the apps that corporate employees want for their personal use, so might as well get an iPhone or Android and install BES on that... but that's another thread.

Anyway, a BBRY without BES is just as "secure" as an iPhone or Android or whatever.

And even then, you really think a government agency will not be able to eaves drop or see your information? They don't even have to "hack" anything; a government just has to "ask" BBRY to see what's going on under the hood...
    10-28-13 01:01 AM
    Average consumer will never even come into contact with BES so how can BBRY market this? It's not like the average consumer is going to spend the hundreds or thousands to set up their own BES accounts just so they can be "secure" from "threats" like the NSA and such... Those who need to know about BES (IT, government agencies, etc) already know about BES; there's nothing there to market/advertise/capitalize on.
    Anything can be marketed. It's possible to make people think they need things. A lot of people actually pay for anti virus/ firewall software on their PCs.

Fable Publishing: C0012255F
    flyingsolid and LuisCast like this.
    10-28-13 02:17 AM
    Again. BlackBerry do not care about your privacy. This is fact. They would hand any of your data over. There is no need for the nsa to spy on BlackBerry users

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 02:48 AM
81 123 ...