I think the biggest problem with Blackberry today is not a problem with hardware or OS. These days everything is about branding thanks to proper marketing and PR. I'm the loyal user of Blackberry products for years and must say most of the people seeing Blackberry in my hand are confused and surprised that I'm still using this 'ancient form of communications'. Most of them have not even ever tried any of these devices, but they're absolutely sure they are absolutely outdated... Why? its simple, all articles on internet bashing Blackberry for few years for now. Every news on yahoo and any other page is about losing market or losing to competition. Even if IPhone 6 would be Blackberry new product these days it would be on the same page with Q10. You cant compete with Samsung or Apple with such a poor PR. Most people don't buy Blackberry products because, everyone and everything around tell them Blackberry is a bad choice, not because these phones are actually poor made.Blackberry with such a strong brand should stand up for itself and invest all the money in promotion. Most People buy android or apple phones because market tells them they should. You can have the best product on the market but without promotion and proper marketing, it can land in trash bin. Blackberry should stand up and say YES we're different and YES different and better
    04-23-15 06:10 PM
    blackberry is doing PR where the need to. Remember they dont care about the consumer anymore its all enterprise. That kind of PR you dont really see in the public.
    04-23-15 06:31 PM
    blackberry is doing PR where the need to. Remember they dont care about the consumer anymore its all enterprise. That kind of PR you dont really see in the public.
    What's surprises me about their PR focus in the enterprise business sector is I deal with the auto Industry and their suppliers who are some major business players and I have yet to see any Blackberry OS10 or legacy devices being used? Here it's all Android and IOS devices stuck to folks ears!!
    Soapm likes this.
    04-23-15 06:39 PM
    What's surprises me about their PR focus in the enterprise business sector is I deal with the auto Industry and their suppliers who are some major business players and I have yet to see any Blackberry OS10 or legacy devices being used? Here it's all Android and IOS devices stuck to folks ears!!
    hey i never said it was good PR
    Skatophilia and Cynycl like this.
    04-23-15 08:13 PM
    Disagree.

Their issue is lack of apps. As long as there's a sizable set of apps that aren't available here, be they native or working android ports, all the PR in the world won't save them. If they care about the consumer market (I don't think it's a focus right now) they need to have a competitive ecosystem (such a stupid word but whatever). When they do things can improve.

I find myself telling people "I don't have that app on my phone" all the time. I don't care, but the average consumer won't want to be in that spot.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 09:04 PM
    Disagree.

Their issue is lack of apps. As long as there's a sizable set of apps that aren't available here, be they native or working android ports, all the PR in the world won't save them. If they care about the consumer market (I don't think it's a focus right now) they need to have a competitive ecosystem (such a stupid word but whatever). When they do things can improve.

I find myself telling people "I don't have that app on my phone" all the time. I don't care, but the average consumer won't want to be in that spot.

Posted via CB10
    Apps is a major point, you're right...

�   Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....   �
    04-23-15 11:46 PM
    BlackBerry keep saying they are focusing on enterprise but I still believe that they could do some targeted marketing with the consumer in selected markets. Pick 3 and work with carriers. Clearly this enterprise marketing is not helping them sell any phones

They should also have more press releases on recent success. It keeps them in the news.....

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 02:55 AM
    I must add one thing to my previous post. We all talk about Apps and focusing on enterprise customers. Blackberry is lacking of Apps because developers are not interested in developing new apps for 'dying brand' as the Blackberry is portrayed. Enterprise customers wont be interested in investing in 'dying brand' either. If We think that developers or big companies will invest own money in company with such a bad reputation in media. We're wrong, and here good PR can change absolutely everything. lately I've seen few reviews of latest BB10 phones :Leap and Classic. They're all really bad. I don't think these phones truly are. But If Blackberry wont change the way the rest of the world think about it. focusing on enterprise or making great futuristic plans wont change a thing
    05-04-15 11:46 PM
    Nah. BlackBerry is just saying they don't care for consumers. Consumers and enterprise customers are from same pool, man. Enterprise customers are just a subset of consumer pool.

I am a consumer and enterprise customer both. Choosing to live with BlackBerry means I have to sacrifice a lot of apps I care about (stock trading app from my broker for one) and so I have to carry two devices.

Even most of my work related apps are only available on ios+android. So, enterprise apps aren't available. Consumer apps aren't available.

Perhaps proper PR would help attract more customers. Which in turn would help attract more app-developers.

But 'app' situation must be resolved. BlackBerry is focusing on prosumer or enterprise is just a cop-out, face saving line and it doesn't even do that. Even enterprise apps are mostly unavailable on BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    bp2k7 likes this.
    05-05-15 01:30 AM
    Chen has done pretty much nothing going but that and it's still not working.
    They need products folks want. Chen has not done that. He has made things he wants. .

Via my HTC One M9...
    05-06-15 08:33 AM