so i never pay attention to product placement, but im watching this bum *** movie called "the hitlist" and everybody in this movie is using a berry. From the 9900 to the 9000....all kinds of berries...just thought id share. Starring Cuba Gooding jr. and Rutger Haugher....
    10-15-11 06:37 PM
    RIM sponsors a lot of TV shows and movies...

Look at Dexter, everyone and their mom has a Blackberry.
    10-15-11 08:26 PM
    CSI uses the Nextel BBs. Michael Westen on Burn Notice used a Pearl. Mary Shannon on In Plain Sight uses a Bold.

There are some shows that still use BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-11 09:28 PM
    I went to see Contagion and I noticed a lot of BBerries and iPhones.
    10-16-11 03:13 PM
    I went to see Contagion and I noticed a lot of BBerries and iPhones.
    I was gonna mention Contagion and everyone on the business end had a BB. The one iphone I saw was the little girl who kept texting her bf and playing games. Goes to show exactly what the BB is used for and its not a itoy.

batboris likes this.
    10-16-11 03:21 PM
    I was gonna mention Contagion and everyone on the business end had a BB. The one iphone I saw was the little girl who kept texting her bf and playing games. Goes to show exactly what the BB is used for and its not a itoy.

Unless of course its teenagers and rioters using it....
    10-16-11 04:21 PM
    Ya saw Contagion lat night and ALL the government workers had BlackBerries haha

The young girl had an iPhone...
    10-16-11 08:03 PM
    I'm not sure if apple places their phones in movies or if people just use their personal phones. I know RIM is notorious for it though. Anyone have any knowledge on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-16-11 08:09 PM
    Ya saw Contagion lat night and ALL the government workers had BlackBerries haha

The young girl had an iPhone...
    ....and this means because governments chose to adopt a phone its better?
    10-16-11 10:15 PM
    I'm not sure if apple places their phones in movies or if people just use their personal phones. I know RIM is notorious for it though. Anyone have any knowledge on that?
    It is called Product placement.

Believe me, no one will use his/her personal phone when they can get money for advertisement.
    10-16-11 10:32 PM
    Quite a few television shows and commercials that I usually ignore 99% of the time had people using blackberries. One had someone using a blockphone, which was quite nice to see. I don't recall what the name of it was either. I don't watch allot of tv.

10-16-11 11:49 PM
    I was just watching the movie "The Town" with Ben Affleck. When they are robbing the bank, the guy says "Everyone slide your BlackBerries over here". All kinds of phones came sliding over but it was a funny reference, IMO.

The Town bank robbery scene on Vimeo
    10-17-11 12:03 AM
    ....and this means because governments chose to adopt a phone its better?
    HOLY! Calm down bud....
    10-17-11 12:18 AM
    The Good Wife uses BlackBerries. I'm pretty sure on Dirty Soap they use their own phones. I have seen BlackBerries and iPhone's so far. I follow most of those Soap Stars on Twitter and they do tweet from those devices.
    10-17-11 12:26 AM
    American Horror Story, new show on FX (pretty good). The psychiatrist uses a Pearl and the wife has a Bold 9000.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-17-11 12:30 AM
    Billy the Exterminator uses a Bold it looks like. His mom switches from an iPhone to a BB in different episodes.

LL Cool J uses a Bold on NCIS LA. Or he used to. I haven't watched it this year.

The SRU members use Storm2 phones on Flashpoint.

Elliott Stabler used to use a Style on Law and Order SVU.

The guys from The Unit used BB also.
    10-17-11 10:04 AM
    It came out last year, but Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World is a total BB-fest. Not only b/c a some of the major characters use them -- two use a Pearl Flip -- but also because the soundtrack is peppered with BB ringtones, like Light Speed Notifier and Sanguine.
    10-17-11 10:39 AM
    Yep noticed a couple Berries in the new show on FX, American Horror Story. Also just watched the movie Hanna and most the goverment actors/actress's were using BB's.

I usually see BB's or iPhones in the movie bizz, not to many Androids, however just last night seen a funny commerical on AMC for the Walking Dead and they were both using Androids.

10-17-11 04:26 PM
    I usually see BB's or iPhones in the movie bizz, not to many Androids, however just last night seen a funny commerical on AMC for the Walking Dead and they were both using Androids.
    MS also seem to be throwing around a fair amount of money to get wp7 out there.

One other thing to bear in mind is that it isn't always the hardware makers that pay for the placement, in the past there have been plenty of shows where carriers have paid for a variety of their devices to be used.
    10-17-11 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD