So I saw the movie project x last night and I swear every single phone in that movie was a blackberry. Do you think RIM paid to have their phones in the movie to be cooler with the younger generation? Thoughts or opinions?
    03-04-12 06:09 PM
    BlackBerrys and BBM connected apps are perfect for the high-school/college/university crowd.

The movie is cooler with BlackBerry in it...i.e. the producers wanted a cool movie
    03-04-12 06:42 PM
    Yes definitely BBM is popular in university campuses, though I find iPhone to be growing with all the people who have Macbooks
    03-04-12 07:17 PM
    So I saw the movie project x last night and I swear every single phone in that movie was a blackberry. Do you think RIM paid to have their phones in the movie to be cooler with the younger generation? Thoughts or opinions?
    I don't know about "cooler" but Hollywood has always been high on BlackBerry. It could be product placement or they could have picked them without even thinking what brand they were using because all they know is BlackBerry.
    03-04-12 07:24 PM
    I'm betting its paid product placement. I don't know if its becoming more common or I am noticing it more but I've seen iPhones on SNL and the office, almost as though its written into the shows, and I just saw the amazon kindle on the Simpons. I think its a common way RIM advertises.
    03-04-12 08:16 PM
    03-04-12 08:18 PM
    with BBM connection and the PB now being (almost) self sufficient BBs are making a huge come back, IMO. i have heard less dirt about RIM and BBs in the past month since OS 2.0 was launch. also the amount of cons going on and RIM promoting themselves is really helping them get back into it....now if just the stocks would agree (stock at 13.79)
    03-04-12 08:47 PM
    That article is awful. Hollywood has been filming in Canada forever. Second of all "The Canadian dollar" is not falling. It has been on par or greater for the past 5 years. Please dont post crap. Do your research before you do.
    03-04-12 11:12 PM
    Thanks for sharing this information.......
    03-05-12 12:25 AM
    That article is awful. Hollywood has been filming in Canada forever.
    Which was my point. Film a lot of movies in Canada, don't be surprised when the main characters go on a date to a hockey game rather than a NASCAR race (with apologies to the NHL, NASCAR, and to MLB, NFL, NBA, and FILA for omission).

Merely offering a potential explanation to a phenomenon observed by the OP.
    03-05-12 07:59 AM
    Rather than start another thread ill just say, they are all over the movie Contraband also. The good guys and the bad guys.
    03-05-12 08:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD