Seeing it's more secure, only by native apps and user's awareness. If somebody installs anything, it renders it unsecure. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-11 10:19 PM
    I was looking forward to reading something that said iOS got hacked again. Seems I clicked on a link that just told me Apple and Google released several patches to their OSs and browsers ahead of an annual hack contest. Guess what?... Tuesday was MS's patch Tuesday.

Oh the conspiracy. lol
    I believe this was the part he was posting that link for:

The new Apple Safari 5.0.4 fixes a total of 62 documented vulnerabilities, most serious enough to allow code execution attacks if a user simply surfs to a booby-trapped web site.
    And for an update on Pwn2own:

Despite the last-minute update from Apple, Safari was the first to be cracked by security researchers on the first day of the Pwn2Own hacking contest.

A team of security researchers from the French penetration test company VUPEN successfully exploited a zero-day flaw in Apple�s Safari browser to win the Pwn2Own challenge on Mar. 9.
    VUPEN cracked Safari in �5 seconds,� claimed several messages on Twitter from attendees.

VUPEN co-founder Chaouki Bekrar used a specially rigged Web site that compromised a 64-bit version of a fully patched Mac OS X running on a MacBook. The three-man team spent about two weeks to find the vulnerability in WebKit, the open-source browser rendering engine Safari is based on and to write the exploit, Bekrar told ZDNet�s Ryan Naraine, who was at the contest.

The winning exploit bypassed ASLR (Address Space Layout Randomization) and DEP (Data Execution Prevention), two key anti-exploit mitigations built into Mac OS X. The team had to launch the calculator application and write to a file on the computer to prove the exploit had successfully gained full user access on the hijacked machine.

�The victim visits a web page, he gets owned. No other interaction is needed,� Bekrar told Naraine.
    Apple Safari, Microsoft IE 8 Hijacked by Hackers at Pwn2Own Contest - Security - News & Reviews - eWeek.com
    03-09-11 10:45 PM
    I was looking forward to reading something that said iOS got hacked again. Seems I clicked on a link that just told me Apple and Google released several patches to their OSs and browsers ahead of an annual hack contest. Guess what?... Tuesday was MS's patch Tuesday.

Oh the conspiracy. lol
    As scionicman pointed out you missed the gold nugget of info. I'm guessing it was due to browsing on a small screen device coupled with some impatience.

03-10-11 08:37 AM
    Seeing it's more secure, only by native apps and user's awareness. If somebody installs anything, it renders it unsecure. Lol

One will never be able to stop your information from being misused (it's like telling someone juicy gossip and asking them not to tell anyone else, you're relying on their honor), but I'm betting drive-by rootings and malware rootings are probably a harder task than on android or IOS.
    03-10-11 09:34 AM
    Pwn2Own 2011: BlackBerry falls to drive-by-download attack

Oops....the last line says alot too

“The advantage for BlackBerry is the obscurity. It makes it a bit harder to attack a system if you don’t have documentation and information,” Iozzo said.
    Last edited by howarmat; 03-10-11 at 07:58 PM.
    03-10-11 07:50 PM
    Nice how you took that out of context.
    Here's the whole quote:
    �The advantage for BlackBerry is the obscurity. It makes it a bit harder to attack a system if you don�t have documentation and information," which leads into the fact that WebKit while Open Source, is an Apple derived product with lots of detailed information about it being available to all."

Last edited by Jake Storm; 03-10-11 at 09:17 PM.
    03-10-11 09:11 PM
    Umm no I didn't take it out of context...obscurity is good. That is why Mac has flown under the rader too. Both Mac and RIM both benefit from being lesser targets and have a tight leash on their product. That is slowly coming to and end though i think.
    03-10-11 09:17 PM
    Umm no I didn't ....
    Umm yeah you did, intentionally or not. But I see you edited your original post to add a little more info.
    Thanks.
    03-11-11 12:56 AM
    dude i edited my post an hour before you posted....you just cant read

face it, blackberry got hacked, its not the first and wont be that last. Same as any other company
    Last edited by howarmat; 03-11-11 at 04:40 AM.
    03-11-11 04:33 AM
    I believe this was the first time blackberry got hacked. At least that's the way I understand it from reading this article.

03-11-11 07:04 AM
    Its not the first time there was some man in the middle vulnerability that I can remember without looking it up. But They are few and far in between.

03-11-11 08:19 AM
111 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD