I am carefully studying and planning to deploy Windows 10 on my business network.

I am impressed and intrigued by what Microsoft is accomplishing across devices with an emphasis on security.

It dawned on me that Microsoft's Windows 10 strategies are in better alignment with BlackBerry's security thrust than Android can ever hope to be.

BlackBerry Passport SE driven by 10.3.2.2339 on T-Mobile
    lift likes this.
    08-25-15 11:38 AM
    Off the Titanic, onto the Hindenburg...

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 11:45 AM
    Yep
    08-25-15 11:49 AM
    I think as far a mobile computing goes, Android is the better choice for Blackberry because the majority of folks using it, like it and Blackberry would stand a better chance of having folks who are already invested in the Android ecosystem and apps coming over because the transition would be seamless. Thats if Blackberry will support the Google services and play store which remains to be seen?

What I am hoping for is that they have some sort of security embedded in their skin that will be a strong point for the folks who are security minded to cross over. As far as the Windows OS goes, Microsoft has done a lot of nice things with the newer mobile OS, but the market has shown that the big two (Android and IOS) are the standard by which everything else will be judged and thats just the reality of the current smartphone market.

Myself, I am going to be the first one in line to buy the Blackberry Android based device, if and when it's ever released? I sure hope Blackberry has learned their lesson from dragging their feet in the past on new product releases. I am hoping they release the new device more sooner then later. Just my two cents.
    08-25-15 11:50 AM
    How can Microsoft help Blackberry with its app problem? If the OS and security are the criteria, BB10 is already one of the best (if not the best)!
    08-25-15 11:56 AM
    I concur that BB10 is the best phone OS in the market place.

But throughout the last 40 years, the 'best' technologies often fail to gain traction, are considered failures, then abandoned.

Unlike Apple's dichotomy of OS X and iOS, Microsoft has made a serious move toward homogeneity across desktops, tablets, and phones.

Coupled with Microsoft's overt efforts to create a universal app platform with the tools to migrate from iOS and Android, MS may be finally on track to achieve what they hoped when Windows 8 was released. Their present strategy is clearly defined.

Finally, the notion that Windows 10 is no longer an OS as such, but a service for which components will evolve and be introduced without the fanfare and hassles of upgrading the OS speaks to me that BlackBerry should take the same approach to BB10 rather than abandoning it. I think it may be too late for BlackBerry to hitch its wagon to Windows 10. They have clearly made a deep commitment to Android.
    08-25-15 12:12 PM
    Microsoft are in the exact same boat appwise as BBRY. Actually, they're worse off, since Android apps currently won't run on WP10.

In my opinion, this wouldn't just be off the Titanic, onto the Hindenburg... It'd be stepping onto the Hindenburg after it already was in flames
    08-25-15 12:13 PM
    80% of mobile market use android ver windows software of roughly same percentage as blackberry! I think the reason is very clear why they chose android! Large pie of loyal fans!
    08-25-15 12:24 PM
    Windows Phone would have been a better choice for Blackberry if it wanted Microsoft to buy its handset division for billions of dollars but Microsoft already bought Nokia.
    08-25-15 12:35 PM
    80% of mobile market use android ver windows software of roughly same percentage as blackberry! I think the reason is very clear why they chose android! Large pie of loyal fans!
    In my mind, it is the synergy of the unifying nature of Windows 10 across devices. As far as the app disparity goes, Microsoft is pulling out all the stops (full organ, so to speak), to provide all the tools necessary for app migration to Windows 10.

In addition, Microsoft is making large strides in the arena of security. Can that be said of Android beyond Samsung's efforts via Knox?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-25-15 12:47 PM
    I am carefully studying and planning to deploy Windows 10 on my business network.

I am impressed and intrigued by what Microsoft is accomplishing across devices with an emphasis on security.

It dawned on me that Microsoft's Windows 10 strategies are in better alignment with BlackBerry's security thrust than Android can ever hope to be.

I am also studying and learning Windows 10 for phones and desktops. Since it is a unified platform and all the business apps I write are in Windows, it only makes sense to have a phone version from the same source code. Businesses who write Windows desktop apps would be smart to do the same.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-25-15 12:54 PM
    Really, let me think ahahah Windows 10 Mobile and Windows 10 is like you lock your lock your door with all windows open LOL.

Windows 10 has open all windows to make your life easier like ios is doing and at the same time dig al your data.
    Robert Roger and bungaboy like this.
    08-25-15 12:54 PM
    Really, let me think ahahah Windows 10 Mobile and Windows 10 is like you lock your lock your door with all windows open LOL.

Windows 10 has open all windows to make your life easier like ios is doing and at the same time dig al your data.
    When you get under the hood and into the engine, you will find that those "windows" you referenced can be closed or managed to achieve the security you desire.

It is unfortunate that MS has chosen certain installation defaults that detract from their efforts toward better security in Windows.
    anon(8063781) and JRF_1986 like this.
    08-25-15 01:12 PM
    I am also studying and learning Windows 10 for phones and desktops. Since it is a unified platform and all the business apps I write are in Windows, it only makes sense to have a phone version from the same source code. Businesses who write Windows desktop apps would be smart to do the same.
    You have the exact same source code running between desktop and phones? Does that mean that desktop carries phone code bloat and phone carries desktop code bloat? I'm thinking mainly for interface and input code, but maybe there's other stuff, like GPU code. And are you able to code for one or do you have to tailor for each type of device? What is the unified platform gaining you?
    08-25-15 01:19 PM
    Windows 10 is a tracking hog. It takes 13 setting to minimize most of the tracking. MS believes in 'share and share alike'. It is how they make money.
    fishlove73 and Melinium like this.
    08-25-15 01:22 PM
    Sort of a moot point... until you see WP10 in the wild you simply do not know for sure how performance and integration actually work... many things looks great on paper in testing.. it is only when you have a chance for the actual user to put it through its paces... I services computers for a living... Windows 10 as a desktop OS is great.... until you start looking at their business practices... if you ever install Windows 10... select advanced install not express... you will find by default.. Microsoft is worse than google for all the data and information they by default can obtain... if they carry this activity over to consumer smartphones where the phones are preconfigured.. no telling what privacy settings will be turned off... as many have pointed out... WP are in about the same shape as BB.. so how long will Microsoft continue to bleed money on their smartphone division.. there too have been many layoffs and reorganization.... in the end it is economy of scale.. there Apple and Google have it locked down by shear numbers... neither BB or Microsoft cannot compete as both have been relegated to Niche market status... This is where I believe Microsoft is falling down... they have a great MSM solution but insist on focusing their energies elsewhere.. They have become compacent due to the amount of royalties they collect from Android handsets... BB by 'supplimenting" the handset division with choice... they may stand a chance afterall...
    08-25-15 01:24 PM
    Windows 10 is a tracking hog. It takes 13 setting to minimize most of the tracking. MS believes in 'share and share alike'. It is how they make money.
    This is true. Going the Google route. At least it is easy to get to the settings and opt out and change them.
    08-25-15 01:32 PM
    You have the exact same source code running between desktop and phones? Does that mean that desktop carries phone code bloat and phone carries desktop code bloat? I'm thinking mainly for interface and input code, but maybe there's other stuff, like GPU code. And are you able to code for one or do you have to tailor for each type of device? What is the unified platform gaining you?
    No. The libs are all the same across all Windows 10 platforms. All that is required is to create screens depending on triggers like screen size and change it from there.

http://channel9.msdn.com/Series/ConnectOn-Demand/229

What is gains is that the same app can be deployed to our surface pro 3 machines and to possibly windows phones. Cuts down on app development time. This is no different than how developers in BlackBerry 10 change assets depending on screen size. One app adjusts it's screens depending on the size. The back end code is identical.

All the interface, input, etc calls are the same and handled by the library for the device.
    08-25-15 01:59 PM
    So..are you telling me that I can play the last Assassin's Creed (Unity) into a Lumia because they both have Win10? What about the use of Directx? The only result I am seeing is that windows tablets are obtaining the same apps as windows phone. Something both android and iOS accomplished years ago. Because, let's talk about it: as a Windows user,have you ever downloaded an APP into your Windows pc??
    Or have you downloaded PROGRAMS? To me, these things are different. The program.exe is a Windows xp/vista/7/8 program..right? And I cannot install it into a Lumia 635..

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 05:18 PM
    So explain me why both Nvidia and Steam have 'just' released their streaming from pc to tablet PROGRAMS if now every Winzozz10 device can actually ran every game that will come out on Windows?

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 05:21 PM
    This is true. Going the Google route. At least it is easy to get to the settings and opt out and change them.
    If no BB10, then I will go Sailfish or Ubuntu
    brian4591 likes this.
    08-25-15 05:39 PM

Windows 10 phone is borderline unusable at the moment from what I read. Blackberry still trumps windows 10 with respect to security, not to mention that they have more ability to customize on android.

Blackberry Z10 was the beginning. The Z30 is my upgrade
    08-25-15 05:57 PM
    Go from one OS that isn't Selling on mobiles to one the only sells a % or two more. Smart.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 06:12 PM

Good luck with that...after only two weeks using Windows 10, I downgraded to Windows 8.1. Windows 10 does not support many software and devices, including Microsoft software (some MS SQL Server for instance). Also my laptop started to reboot with and pagination error almost daily.
    08-25-15 06:25 PM
    Go from one OS that isn't Selling on mobiles to one the only sells a % or two more. Smart.

Posted via CB10
    And just how smart is it to break into a saturated market where everyone but Samsung is losing their backside?

The issue in question here is SECURITY. Android outside Samsung Knox has little. At least Windows 10 seems to be attempting to live the preaching of John Chen!
    kbz1960 and lift like this.
    08-25-15 06:41 PM
98 123 ...