I am a new blackberry owner (bold/AT&T). I am very frustrated with my work and AT&T. My work tells me that I have to have a windows mobile device to receive my company emial (on Microsoft Exchange Server)....and AT&T tells me that the blackberry will connect with a Microsoft Exchange Server. I don't know what to do. My IT folks at work said no to blackberry because they would have to spend the money to install a blackberry enterprise server and a lot of infastructure to support the device. AT&T tells me that they can install the enterprise server on my phone and it will connect to the Microsoft Exchange Server. AT&T said it would cost my about $45 a month for this installation. I am willing to pay it if this will work, but I can't get anyone to verify this. Is there anyone out there who can help me with this? Sorry for the lengthy description. -Thank you.
    02-10-09 10:52 PM
    your IT dept. is correct. if they dont already have a BES infrastructure, the capital investment is steep, though it pays for itself in the long run. im not sure what at&t is trying to sell you but dont bother. the easy solution is to set up your mail account on your bb as if it was a regular POP account, etc. assuming the IT dept. allows that sort of configuration.
    02-10-09 10:55 PM
    Thank you for this info. That really helps and settles it once and for all. I love the bb, but my company doesn't support the phone. They said I have to have a windows mobile device. I guess I'm sunk. Thank you again for your time. I sincerely appreciate it!!!
    02-10-09 10:59 PM
    I guess I will just have to keep manually forwarding my email to my bb.
    02-10-09 11:00 PM
    Can you set up a rule? Does your company email allow that? You might be able to set it up to automatically copy your email to another address. You could then log into your BIS account and set the reply email to match your work email, so you could reply from your BB and it would come from your work email address.

That's exactly how I have mine set up. Works like a champ. Of course, my work email is POP based, so it was easier. Check with IT to see if you can set up a rule and if they will allow it.
    02-11-09 06:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD