lolllll the old "you do some research to see what is really going on" line. Is a typical argument being thrown around these forums by bb fans who could not believe bbs lack of foresight, investment in r&d and their ability to adopt to change caused their downfall.

But rather there is this cabal that out there that is actively sabotaging bb.

only in crackberry
    04-21-16 03:21 PM
    I did not say Google is sabotaging BB. What they are doing is continue to grow their massive empire. BB10 is collateral damage.

And I did not say BB is blameless, either.

90% of search is Google. Are you going to reward Microsoft? Or Yahoo (Microsoft) and it's terrible web site?

What is there that can really replace Google News? How do you track everything that is going on in Spain if Google News is forbidden? How do publications make money if they don't browse the sites directly? What about blacklisted websites?

What about people blocking ads for privacy and to avoid malware? What about Google controlling the vast majority of advertising?

There are tons of issues at hand.

And BB was not massively dominant before. Most people had Nokias, but there was a lot of Ericsson, Motorola, and later Apple.

After Nokia's suicide, is Europe supposed to give up its independence?
    04-21-16 03:48 PM
    I did not say Google is sabotaging BB. What they are doing is continue to grow their massive empire. BB10 is collateral damage.

And I did not say BB is blameless, either.

90% of search is Google. Are you going to reward Microsoft? Or Yahoo (Microsoft) and it's terrible web site?

What is there that can really replace Google News? How do you track everything that is going on in Spain if Google News is forbidden? How do publications make money if they don't browse the sites directly? What about blacklisted websites?

What about people blocking ads for privacy and to avoid malware? What about Google controlling the vast majority of advertising?

There are tons of issues at hand.

And BB was not massively dominant before. Most people had Nokias, but there was a lot of Ericsson, Motorola, and later Apple.

After Nokia's suicide, is Europe supposed to give up its independence?
    so what is your whole point? that running a successful business is not easy? that Google is getting to big because they are good at what they do?
    04-21-16 04:24 PM
    The point is that a company is not allowed to utterly dominate, and the EU at least is doing its job this time (but they wasted a lot before).
    04-21-16 04:31 PM
    The point is that a company is not allowed to utterly dominate, and the EU at least is doing its job this time (but they wasted a lot before).
    are Europeans actually complaining about Google and their services. Or is it other companies complaining that they are losing to Google because deep down what they offer can't match Google. And the answer to that one is the latter.
    04-24-16 01:33 PM
    http://forums.redflagdeals.com/ms-bu...-99-a-1969495/

Looks like they are starting to dump them...

Usually I heard of BOGO offers for contracts but on unlocked this is a first.
    04-25-16 08:30 AM
    I already have the perfect BB/Microsoft team - a Passport and a Surface Pro 4! Seriously though, I think the Surface Phone will be a game changer in the mobile market. With the unified web apps, MS will achieve the app neutrality that JC was wishing for a year ago. And even native apps are coming to Windows - Starbucks is releasing its WP10 app later this month with great fanfare. Regardless of what you think of their coffee, it's an important endorsement of the platform.

There are lots of things I don't like about WP10 - the typing experience is very frustrating compared to BB10, either vkb or pkb. But at least MS listens to its users, and those of us on the MS Community Forums have been able to effect changes to software, with ongoing communication with MS reps. So don't write off MS quite yet.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    05-07-16 08:36 AM

There are lots of things I don't like about WP10 - the typing experience is very frustrating compared to BB10, either vkb or pkb. But at least MS listens to its users, and those of us on the MS Community Forums have been able to effect changes to software, with ongoing communication with MS reps. So don't write off MS quite yet.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    Yes, agreed, don't write them off, even if it's just for the sake of having a third option... :-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    06-06-16 07:53 PM
83 ... 234