Read the current press by Microsoft.....they are ditching phones.
    Posted via CB10
    I don't know what press you read...
    Fact is that BB is ditching OS BB10. There will be just 2 security updates.
    Fact is that MS is updating W10M two times in month for insider testers. MS packed it with new functions, including functions for synchronization with desktop W10.
    You know what I read in press today? I read that MS announced 64 bit version of W10M.
    If you want to see how looks ditching of an OS, watch what BB is doing.
    rusty502 likes this.
    04-16-16 02:53 PM
    I don't know what press you read...
    Fact is that BB is ditching OS BB10. There will be just 2 security updates.
    Fact is that MS is updating W10M two times in month for insider testers. MS packed it with new functions, including functions for synchronization with desktop W10.
    You know what I read in press today? I read that MS announced 64 bit version of W10M.
    If you want to see how looks ditching of an OS, watch what BB is doing.
    I think he's talking about this,

Microsoft: Windows Phone isn't our focus this year | The Verge

The app/game situation on Windows Phone could be better but it's certainly not as bad as it is on BB10.
    04-16-16 04:49 PM
    Dude I'm not defending or trashing bbos or Windows phones. I have used both and I like them. I am with bb10 and sticking with it.

Just Google windows phone news and you will see plenty of articles. It has a minuscule market share just like BlackBerry. Microsoft had to write off the Nokia acquisition for 7billion. What else do you need to know? Win 10 for phones may evolve at some point....we shall see.

The number of people that I have seen with a BlackBerry or Windows phone in the last 6 months is ZERO. I saw a lady with a BlackBerry about a year ago at the market....probably a work phone.

People are buying Android Samsungs and iPhones. I can Iive with that. I have used both myself and wasn't impressed. It's nice to know I still have BlackBerry or Windows to fall back on. I just hope they manage to stick around. I hope you are right about Windows and they get win 10 rolling on phones and people buy into it.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-16 04:56 PM

The app/game situation on Windows Phone could be better but it's certainly not as bad as it is on BB10.
    Yes that article is the one....plus a few others.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-16 05:24 PM
    Yes that article is the one....plus a few others.

Posted via CB10
    Did you read that article?
    You wrote: "Read the current press by Microsoft.....they are ditching phones."
    In article is written "That doesn't mean Microsoft is giving up on Windows Phone, it's just not a focus for this year."
    04-18-16 03:45 AM

Thank you for that article. It is confirmation that dashipa is wrong (and I am right). In that article is written: "That doesn't mean Microsoft is giving up on Windows Phone, it's just not a focus for this year.". Nothing about ditching phones at all.
    04-18-16 03:49 AM
    I'm 100% sure that a BlackBerry running Windows 10 Mobile OS will sell off the shelves!
    This would be the phone of everyones dream. Pure beauty.
    I'm 100% sure that this won't be the case.
    Two turkeys do not make an eagle.
    04-18-16 04:03 AM
    Thank you for that article. It is confirmation that dashipa is wrong (and I am right). In that article is written: "That doesn't mean Microsoft is giving up on Windows Phone, it's just not a focus for this year.". Nothing about ditching phones at all.
    Lol. This was never about who is wrong and who is right. The market is a clear indicator of who is right when it comes to phones.....apple and iPhones. Windows phone barely registers a blip on the market radar...the article affirms that by Microsoft. They acknowledge that they are not leaders in phones...that is all I was pointing out. Nobody is using the CURRENT Windows phone because of the app situation. Same with BlackBerry. Enough said. Now quit arguing about this and search the windows app store for the Chase banking app.....oh wait Chase announced a couple of years back they would stop supporting it. Oops! How about a You Tube app??? Nope. At least I can get these apps on my BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-16 07:34 AM
    Let me correct the above post...apple and IPhones also includes Android as well...and we all know who the leader is there...Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-16 07:55 AM
    And here are a couple of articles to chew on while Microsoft re thinks it's strategy for phones in the coming year

http://www.theverge.com/2016/1/28/10...-phone-is-dead

http://www.zacks.com/stock/news/2057...llas-microsoft

The fact is Windows phone has been a fail from a business standpoint and from a consumer standpoint. Windows phone never was and never will be. Win 10 is the future for software. If it works on mobile and Windows can leverage it they will. Otherwise it's safe to say they would rather invest in software than hardware. Ironically the same boat BlackBerry is in.

What the furniture holds......no one knows.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-16 08:45 AM
    And here are a couple of articles to chew on while Microsoft re thinks it's strategy for phones in the coming year

http://www.theverge.com/2016/1/28/10...-phone-is-dead

http://www.zacks.com/stock/news/2057...llas-microsoft

The fact is Windows phone has been a fail from a business standpoint and from a consumer standpoint. Windows phone never was and never will be. Win 10 is the future for software. If it works on mobile and Windows can leverage it they will. Otherwise it's safe to say they would rather invest in software than hardware. Ironically the same boat BlackBerry is in.

What the furniture holds......no one knows.

Posted via CB10
    Lol...furniture. Should be FUTURE!!!! :-)

Posted via CB10
    04-18-16 08:47 AM
    Lol. This was never about who is wrong and who is right. The market is a clear indicator of who is right when it comes to phones.....apple and iPhones. Windows phone barely registers a blip on the market radar...the article affirms that by Microsoft. They acknowledge that they are not leaders in phones...that is all I was pointing out. Nobody is using the CURRENT Windows phone because of the app situation. Same with BlackBerry. Enough said. Now quit arguing about this and search the windows app store for the Chase banking app.....oh wait Chase announced a couple of years back they would stop supporting it. Oops! How about a You Tube app??? Nope. At least I can get these apps on my BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Please, don't change point of discussion when you are not able to admit that you was wrong. You didn't write about low market share of Windows phone, check your posts if you have issue with memory. You made clear statement: "Read the current press by Microsoft.....they are ditching phones.", which is proven wrong. I just corrected your false statement, nothing more...

P.S.:
    you can choose from several youtube app (off course all native) what are better than official one on Android.

P.P.S.:
    Android apps on OS BB10 killed native app developers. Very very wrong decision...
    Last edited by dolco; 04-19-16 at 09:13 AM.
    04-19-16 08:43 AM
    OK OK....you are right and I am wrong. Happy now?

Let's see where windows phone is in a year or two....lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-16 10:00 AM
    Microsoft has a plan, windows phone is dead.......the future is Windows 10.........and some Windows 10 devices will have small screens with cellular radios........Microsoft is finally doing what BlackBerry should have done 10 years ago....will it work?, who knows.....but at least they have a vision of the future and are doing something....

Sent from mTalk
    dolco likes this.
    04-19-16 11:40 AM
    You mean nightmare? Like in Nokia?
    04-19-16 11:51 AM
    You mean nightmare? Like in Nokia?

Don't know, my company just replaced 75 PPs with L950s w/dock.....no nightmare so far, they have proven to be both productive and very well received.

Sent from mTalk
    dolco likes this.
    04-19-16 12:49 PM
    Don't know, my company just replaced 75 PPs with L950s w/dock.....no nightmare so far, they have proven to be both productive and very well received.

Sent from mTalk
    The WP debacle has been a nightmare for Nokia. Fortunately, also for Microsoft.
    04-19-16 02:45 PM
    The WP debacle has been a nightmare for Nokia. Fortunately, also for Microsoft.

Yep....it was....but Microsoft didn't keep beating a dead horse......they are doing what BlackBerry could have, and should have done...and that is to stop trying to play catch up and bring something different to the table, it's still too soon to tell if it will work, but we know the other way doesn't....and with UWA, which is gaining traction, and a unified OS, things could get interesting.....and Microsoft has the money to see it through.....they did it with XBox, and Surface.....Windows Mobile is now just Windows 10, and I have personally seen a lot of interest from enterprise. Will it ever threaten iOS or Android in the consumer space?.....time will tell. Apple could become the next BlackBerry.

Sent from mTalk
    dolco likes this.
    04-19-16 05:25 PM
    BlackBerry already has something different and better. It's called BB10.
    04-19-16 07:50 PM
    We all know how that worked out......

Sent from mTalk
    04-19-16 08:16 PM
    Bad management and anti competitive environment can be fixed. It's not over.
    04-19-16 08:21 PM
    Bad management and anti competitive environment can be fixed. It's not over.
    But anti competitive environment was not problem when RIM/BB was on top of the smartphone space. Strange is in it.
    04-21-16 11:12 AM
    But anti competitive environment was not problem when RIM/BB was on top of the smartphone space. Strange is in it.
    When was BB a monopoly?
    04-21-16 02:54 PM
    When was BB a monopoly?
    And Apple and Google are a monopoly? or they only have the majority of the market share. Just what BB had once.
    04-21-16 02:59 PM
    And Apple and Google are a monopoly? or they only have the majority of the market share. Just what BB had once.
    Google is not just phones:

- Phones
    - Search
    - Shopping
    - Advertising
    - Privacy
    - News
    - Youtube
    - SmartTV
    - SmartHome

etc.

I suggest you do some research to see what is really going on.
    04-21-16 03:11 PM
83 1234