What's the phrase?

two turkeys don't make an eagle...
    02-22-16 09:20 AM
    I say the other way around. Windows phone hardware running Blackberry 10 OS. They already follow a similar industrial design scheme and have pretty good ergonomics. The only thing missing is a better UI and BB10 has that for sure.
    02-22-16 09:28 AM
    What's the phrase?

two turkeys don't make an eagle...
    Two turkeys makes a great Thanksgiving. Deep-fried one and traditional the other.
    cgk and GadgetTravel like this.
    02-23-16 08:57 AM
    I'm 100% sure that a BlackBerry running Windows 10 Mobile OS will sell off the shelves!
    This would be the phone of everyones dream. Pure beauty.

Call it the BlackBerry Surface.

Attachment 391878
    Sign me up!

... oh wait, I'm with Sprint.

Never mind.
    02-23-16 04:06 PM
    I'm 100% sure that a BlackBerry running Windows 10 Mobile OS will sell off the shelves!
    This would be the phone of everyones dream. Pure beauty.

Call it the BlackBerry Surface.

Attachment 391878
    There are no carriers in Canada that even sell Windows 10 phones. You can only get it at Microsoft Store. Plus there are no compelling features of Windows 10 to differentiate from other platforms. It's just the live tiles and that's not that compelling.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 01:31 PM
    So what does blackberry bring to the table?
    03-01-16 02:02 PM
    Would a windows phone be good with blackberry hardware, yes. Should it be done... no. The windows phone os is garbage absolutely garbage

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 12:30 PM
    BlackBerry hardware with Windows os would be amazing. Windows 10 is in its infancy stage and will start to mature at the one year mark...which is this summer. MS is then releasing Redstone update for Windows 10. Then a couple months later HP is releasing the Elite x3 phone. Look up the specs, look up continuum. This will be my next phone after my current z30. Then it's adios BB. But it would be good if they made a phone with a Windows OS because that is the OS of choice for businesses. If BlackBerry wants to survive in the hardware business, they need to go back to their roots, which was catering to business clients who need good security. Google is more consumer business (I mean just look at the names they come up with. Google, ABC, Lolipop, Ice cream...what is this Sesame Street? But I digress... ) Microsoft is more business oriented. Apple is more oriented on itself (no third party makers, super high prices, narcissistic business structure, an apple stuck up their ****...you get the picture). So ya, I think a Blackberry Windows could work...but there is the issue of price, as the Priv has demonstrated...

Posted via CB10
    rusty502 likes this.
    03-12-16 10:06 PM
    I agree that a Microsoft / Blackberry partnership would work....if it materialized it could be a powerhouse. Windows 10 devices with BlackBerry security and hardware could be a serious threat to Apple and Android and take a larger piece of the market share. But in order to do that......there would have to be some super aggresive marketing to gain acceptance. I have seen zero commercials for BlackBerry in forever and have seen only a few commercials for MIcrosoft Windows 10 phones. On the other hand Apple and Samsung have marketing and commercials all over the place. Go figure.......gheesh!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-13-16 09:45 PM
    I'm sure John Chen is anxious to reopen the app gap with a proven money-pit like Windows smartphones. Who needs WhatApp, anyway?

The only thing more promising than BlackBerry hardware with Windows would be Nokia hardware with Windows. Nokia had great hardware track record and was bought by Microsoft and they couldn't compete with smartphones.
    cgk likes this.
    03-13-16 11:21 PM
    I don't understand why BlackBerry partnered with Android in tha 1st place. Google or Windows would of been better. BlackBerry steady wants to make these basic *** phones. Once again I say, let's start a petition for a BlackBerry Sidekick phone. This generation needs a new Sidekick
    03-14-16 12:58 AM
    I don't understand why BlackBerry partnered with Android in tha 1st place. Google or Windows would of been better.
    Come again?
    rthonpm likes this.
    03-14-16 07:12 AM
    I don't understand why BlackBerry partnered with Android in tha 1st place. Google or Windows would of been better. BlackBerry steady wants to make these basic *** phones. Once again I say, let's start a petition for a BlackBerry Sidekick phone. This generation needs a new Sidekick
    Android is Google....

Windows... the platform that lost 50% of it's marketshare last year? The platform that has poured millions into it's ecosystem... only to see it stagnate?

BlackBerry went Android because Google's platform is the most widely accepted platform out there... and it cost BlackBerry very little per phone to use that OS. The only other mobile os with any relevant amount of marketshare is iOS... but that's a closed platform.

Sidekick... yeah I'm sure a $700 Sidekick in 2016 would sell almost as well as a vertical slider.
    03-14-16 07:39 AM
    Why wouldn't a $700 BlackBerry Sidekick wouldn't sell? There are people today who are actually buying $1000 iPhones & iPads. So BlackBerry isn't on their level?! Well at least BlackBerry went with somebody. Didn't know Google was Android. Always thought they were separate. My apologies.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 09:15 AM
    I wouldn't mind the idea, but not in that phone form factor.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-19-16 09:38 AM
    I don't know what you're smoking there, but I'd echo the response of a previous post. 2 'fails' does not equal 1 success. Why do people use iOS or Android? Apps, apps, apps. There is no other answer.

Did you hear about the time Microsoft tried to get Android running on Windows Mobile? Why do you think they'd do that? Yah, just like BBOS , except they've since pulled it.

Sure, I get that some people might prefer Windows Mobile, but overall there's no compelling reason to go with Windows Mobile over BBOS. At least BBOS has a potential selling point in security. Plus Blackberry has the market to itself, however small. With Windows, Blackberry would have to fight for the small marketshare of WinMo with any of the other estabilished vendors who sell WinMo. At least with Android, they're fighting for a small share of a large market. Probably just 10% of the 'droid market would be better than WinMo+BBOS combined

Frankly, I wish BB would just estabilish a nice niche with BBOS. They can reduce the development costs by increasing the product release cycle time. BB users tend to keep their phones for longer anyways
    03-19-16 10:40 PM
    I don't know what you're smoking there, but I'd echo the response of a previous post. 2 'fails' does not equal 1 success. Why do people use iOS or Android? Apps, apps, apps. There is no other answer.

Did you hear about the time Microsoft tried to get Android running on Windows Mobile? Why do you think they'd do that? Yah, just like BBOS , except they've since pulled it.

Sure, I get that some people might prefer Windows Mobile, but overall there's no compelling reason to go with Windows Mobile over BBOS. At least BBOS has a potential selling point in security. Plus Blackberry has the market to itself, however small. With Windows, Blackberry would have to fight for the small marketshare of WinMo with any of the other estabilished vendors who sell WinMo. At least with Android, they're fighting for a small share of a large market. Probably just 10% of the 'droid market would be better than WinMo+BBOS combined

Frankly, I wish BB would just estabilish a nice niche with BBOS. They can reduce the development costs by increasing the product release cycle time. BB users tend to keep their phones for longer anyways
    I can think of one reason to get windows phone over bbos. Microsoft actually releases new hardware

Posted via CB10
    dolco likes this.
    03-20-16 04:48 AM
    I like it!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-30-16 05:47 PM
    What's wrong with BB10?
    03-30-16 06:04 PM
    What's wrong with BB10?
    do you have a couple hours for me to explain it?
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    04-14-16 09:38 AM
    Apps are a standard now that people have become accustomed to.....kind of like power steering and power windows in a car. Apps are the new way of getting things done in the mobile sphere. Why would would the average mobile user pick up a blackberry and think bb10 is the best thing since sliced bread? They won't and that is where BlackBerry has lost big. Same with Windows phone......no apps!! And specifically native apps like instagram and snap chat have killed it for Windows and BlackBerry. The developers never got on board and hence the downward spiral. Let's face it folks our "phones" have become entertainment/social media devices....a trend that has been apparent but difficult to gauge. Unless BlackBerry harnesses the trend and pushes with the younger demographic they will die like Windows phone did.

Posted via CB10
    dolco likes this.
    04-14-16 10:58 AM
    BlackBerry + QNX = Hypervisor.

Hang on to your seats, it'll blow you away. Literally, you can mount fans on your BlackBerry with the incredible power of the Hypervisor.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    04-14-16 05:36 PM
    ... Same with Windows phone......no apps!! And specifically native apps like instagram and snap chat have killed it for Windows and BlackBerry...
    Posted via CB10
    If somebody write that apps situation WP/W10M is same like BB OS, he has no idea what reality is. WP/WM10 apps situation is much better. Two notes:
    1. WP/W10M has only native application.
    2. There is Instagram, genuine and third party too.
    04-16-16 05:00 AM
    Read the current press by Microsoft.....they are ditching phones. They are going to focus on win10 instead and see where the chips fall. Windows phone sales and market share has been declining significantly. I had a Windows phone before switching back to BlackBerry....i can tell you from experience.....there ain't no apps.

On the other hand if Microsoft creates a flagship quality Surface Phone that can run apps on Win 10 and possess superior specs. Then maybe they have a shot at winning over the apple and Samsung crowds. I would love love love love a fully enabled windows os pocket computer phone that could access Google play or whatever. Continuum was a big draw for me but it seems it's buggy based on reviews I have read. Microsoft has the advantage in software....they just need to be more creative in making work on a mobile platform.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-16 10:44 AM
    Actually I wouldn't mind a device that has email calender contacts tasks and bbm on it only. Epaper display qwerty and a week long battery.

More importantly works with BIS or BES, for those cheaper international data roaming packages!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-16-16 11:17 AM
83 1234