Has anyone successfully sent their location? Worked in the leaked build, but not here for me.
    I just tried it and it worked.
    10-10-09 03:14 PM
    Anyone have any idea why my contacts status does not show up? This is a nightmare. I erased and reinstalled, battery pull etc. Had no issue with .8. If someone can link an ota to 5.0.0.8 I'd go back to that gladly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-09 04:53 PM
    luv the new bbm
    10-10-09 08:49 PM
    I downgraded back to BBM 4.7, one packaged with OS v5.0.0.238. I don't like the fact that Im forced to "accept" or "decline" a picture sent through BBM 5 and have to save the file versus the option to "view", "save" or "cancel" like in the older builds. My media card will fill up in no time and I'll have to go back and keep deleting files.

Id love to use BBM 5, but until RIM fixes this, I'm on 4.7!
    10-10-09 09:36 PM
    I downgraded back to BBM 4.7, one packaged with OS v5.0.0.238. I don't like the fact that Im forced to "accept" or "decline" a picture sent through BBM 5 and have to save the file versus the option to "view", "save" or "cancel" like in the older builds. My media card will fill up in no time and I'll have to go back and keep deleting files.

unfortunately for you, most people will have 5 installed, so you'll be stuck with the option regardless, its not a bug to fix, it'll be like that unless they change it. i like it better.
    10-10-09 09:39 PM

I am in agreement with you on this. It is a total pain to accept and send pics. Although, I have learned the trick to save on media file and not device memory. I also hate the fact a pic expires after a certain amount of time if unread. I am sure these kinks will be worked out down the road.
    10-11-09 08:51 AM
    unfortunately for you, most people will have 5 installed, so you'll be stuck with the option regardless, its not a bug to fix, it'll be like that unless they change it. i like it better.
    I never said it was bug, it was just a feature on the old BBM that I prefer. And i dont mind being on 4.7, avatars and cutsey smilies aren't enough to convince me to upgrade unless they fix the issue.

Most of my contacts are on BBM 5 and when they send me pictures through BBM, i still get the option to "view" versus "accept or "decline". Likewise, when I send pics to my contacts who are on BBM 5, they too have the option to "view" .

Im hoping they fix it.
    10-11-09 09:14 AM
    I am in agreement with you on this. It is a total pain to accept and send pics. Although, I have learned the trick to save on media file and not device memory. I also hate the fact a pic expires after a certain amount of time if unread. I am sure these kinks will be worked out down the road.
    me too!

i did have it save to my media card, im just to lazy to go back in there and start deleting files.

on the old BBM, you can "view" the pic until you close out the chat, which is nice. i really do hope they fix it!!
    10-11-09 09:16 AM

Emarsha, I'm not trying to be a ****, but what do you have, a one gig card? Spend a few bucks, buy a bigger card that will hold thousands of images and never think twice about saving. If I'm not mistaken you make themes. I would think you'd LIKE to have lots of images.

10-11-09 09:36 AM
    Emarsha, I'm not trying to be a ****, but what do you have, a one gig card? Spend a few bucks, buy a bigger card that will hold thousands of images and never think twice about saving. If I'm not mistaken you make themes. I would think you'd LIKE to have lots of images.

it's not saving the files or not having a big card, it's the fact of having to go through the download process, then deleting it. If I accepted every picture file i got, i would have tons of pics of cats, and someone driving and other random shiz that i dont need.

you assume that about all themers, im not one of those. why junk my phone up with thousands of random images?
    10-11-09 03:27 PM
    it's not saving the files or not having a big card, it's the fact of having to go through the download process, then deleting it. If I accepted every picture file i got, i would have tons of pics of cats, and someone driving and other random shiz that i dont need.

you assume that about all themers, im not one of those. why junk my phone up with thousands of random images?
    Ok, I see your point.

10-11-09 04:44 PM
    Yeah, it's always good to have options. Hopefully, upgrades are around the corner.

10-11-09 05:35 PM

ever consider just starting a group with your friends to share pictures with? that way they can post them, you don't have to download them, and you can just view them right there without saving anything.
    10-11-09 05:38 PM
    ever consider just starting a group with your friends to share pictures with? that way they can post them, you don't have to download them, and you can just view them right there without saving anything.
    No. This was just my opinion on the new BBM. It's more preference than anything else.

10-11-09 07:00 PM
    I did alot of pondering today regarding the new BBM 5.0 and came to the conclusion about it. What was RIM thinking? Did they have anyone test this out who actually uses a BB and features such as Pic sharing?

Anyone who knows me will agree when I say I am the most techno challenged person out there. And RIM should consider that a good portion of their market base cannot all be Tech Gods.

I just think it would have been a peachy keen idea for them to give the new BBM version to a bunch of addicts like myself and see if we can figure it out. If they took the time to do this, I am sure they would have taken this one to the drawing board for a makeover.

They really need to work harder to compete with the other smart phones that are hitting the market these days.

Message to big Man (or Woman) at RIM. Next time you put out anything, send me a sample and let me play for a week or two.
    10-11-09 07:24 PM
    I did alot of pondering today regarding the new BBM 5.0 and came to the conclusion about it. What was RIM thinking? Did they have anyone test this out who actually uses a BB and features such as Pic sharing?

Anyone who knows me will agree when I say I am the most techno challenged person out there. And RIM should consider that a good portion of their market base cannot all be Tech Gods.

I just think it would have been a peachy keen idea for them to give the new BBM version to a bunch of addicts like myself and see if we can figure it out. If they took the time to do this, I am sure they would have taken this one to the drawing board for a makeover.

They really need to work harder to compete with the other smart phones that are hitting the market these days.

Message to big Man (or Woman) at RIM. Next time you put out anything, send me a sample and let me play for a week or two.
    You're right what WERE they thinking? It's so hard to press "accept" if you don't like it then just go back to 4.7, if you want to keep this version start a group with your friends, you can share pictures without having to accept them, it really can't fathomably be easier
    10-11-09 07:29 PM
    You're right what WERE they thinking? It's so hard to press "accept" if you don't like it then just go back to 4.7, if you want to keep this version start a group with your friends, you can share pictures without having to accept them, it really can't fathomably be easier
    Did that make you feel better.
    10-11-09 07:31 PM
    :::: explains "abuser" status ::::
    10-11-09 08:03 PM
    I like 5.0 but when I accept a pic and save it I never get it to download. It says completed 0.00kb. I am not sure why it is not downloading. Everything else works well. Any tips on why it would do this?
    10-11-09 09:43 PM
    I like 5.0 but when I accept a pic and save it I never get it to download. It says completed 0.00kb. I am not sure why it is not downloading. Everything else works well. Any tips on why it would do this?
    That happened to me once. Well, the person I was sending to couldn't get the picture. I sent it as file instead of picture and it worked just fine. Hope it does for you too.
    10-12-09 01:07 PM

I think they've changed this. For the first day or so, I noticed that I had to save too. But now I have the view/save option again.
    10-12-09 01:09 PM
    Anyone have any idea why my contacts status does not show up? This is a nightmare. I erased and reinstalled, battery pull etc. Had no issue with .8. If someone can link an ota to 5.0.0.8 I'd go back to that gladly.

A lot of my contacts' pictures are not showing up, and I've been told that they can't see mine either. Hopefully they'll work out all the details soon.
    10-12-09 01:14 PM
    I liked the old View/Store option. Like Marsha said a lot of pix people send are just for a laugh, not to store and then have to delete. Like MMS, you don't have to store it, just take a look. To be honest I don't find BBM5 much better if at all. The avatar/pic is cute but otherwise so what? I thought BBM's main advantage was its speed, esp the pix. I liked the feature "XX is typing a message" and I think that went away.
    10-12-09 01:55 PM
    I think they've changed this. For the first day or so, I noticed that I had to save too. But now I have the view/save option again.
    you'll only get the view/save option on BBM 5 if the person sending to you is on a lower BBM platform. Im on the 4.7 and all my contacts who are on BBM 5 get that view/save option. Otherwise, BBM 5 to 5 will not get this view option.
    10-13-09 06:11 AM
    I liked the old View/Store option. Like Marsha said a lot of pix people send are just for a laugh, not to store and then have to delete. Like MMS, you don't have to store it, just take a look. To be honest I don't find BBM5 much better if at all. The avatar/pic is cute but otherwise so what? I thought BBM's main advantage was its speed, esp the pix. I liked the feature "XX is typing a message" and I think that went away.
    then switch back... avatar support is hardly all thats new tho, if you want to share funny pictures with friends start a group, you can all post pictures, and nobody has to download anything, you can simply view like a slideshow. i have several groups set up for this purpose specifically, its light years ahead of what we had before, which was the option to view an extremely crappy version (often barely visible) compressed image. i never liked that people could send me pictures without me accepting it either previously. obviously this is all relative to opinion, so i'll agree that it should be an option since there are a lot of people complaining about it, tho i don't quite get the complaint. anyway, start a group, try it, they're pretty amazing.
    10-13-09 05:37 PM
1,425 ... 555657
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD