Some of my bbm contacts show their Facebook pics and some dont.....and when I go to contact profile, it wont allow me to change or insert a picture of my choice.......

Is there a way to fix this
    10-07-09 10:14 PM
    Nobody on my list has BBM5 so would that be a reason I don't see the "recent updates" section?

Also, how do you see the Blackberry Groups section being utilized?
    10-07-09 10:19 PM
    After its done downloading...it just sits there with the hourglass..Doesn't do anything.
    10-07-09 10:22 PM
    Just a newsflash: if you are using the LEAKED version of BBM, those of us with the REAL version, can't see your avatar. Upgrade. Immediately.

And please dont say: the leaked is the same thing. Clearly it is not.

Old Version:

New Version:

Its more than looks as well.

1. The old version gives a green indicator that the person is online, but never actually alerts that the person has responded. The newer version, however, does.
    2. If you have the leaked version, to someone who has the newer updated version, your icons are non existent. They do not show up. At all. You're just a blank icon head.
    3. The BBM icon on the homscreen it'sself has changed slightly.
    4. New "Blackberry Contacts" group. Havent quite figured it out. Give me time.
    Last edited by ClassaN0va; 10-07-09 at 10:30 PM.
    10-07-09 10:23 PM
    Go to App World, it should say "Reinstall" Do it. After that, do NOT "reboot now" or hit run after its done. Hit Reboot Later or ok. After that, do a battery pull.
    No option for reinstall.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-09 10:29 PM
    i cant send pics anymore through bbm
    #fail?
    10-07-09 10:36 PM
    After its done downloading...it just sits there with the hourglass..Doesn't do anything.
    yes same here....
    10-07-09 10:42 PM
    Pics working for me
    10-07-09 10:42 PM
    Pics aren't working for me and another bbm buddy... ugh
    10-07-09 10:47 PM
    Hey Guys, don't get your hopes up I know it's quarter till midnight EST, but I think they posted the link.
    10-07-09 10:48 PM
    Just a newsflash: if you are using the LEAKED version of BBM, those of us with the REAL version, can't see your avatar. Upgrade. Immediately.

And please dont say: the leaked is the same thing. Clearly it is not.

Old Version:

New Version:

Its more than looks as well.

1. The old version gives a green indicator that the person is online, but never actually alerts that the person has responded. The newer version, however, does.
    2. If you have the leaked version, to someone who has the newer updated version, your icons are non existent. They do not show up. At all. You're just a blank icon head.
    3. The BBM icon on the homscreen it'sself has changed slightly.
    4. New "Blackberry Contacts" group. Havent quite figured it out. Give me time.
    ALSO, if you are using the leaked BBM 5 please DOWNGRADE FIRST to 4.6 THEN upgrade to official 5.0! YOU MAY END UP BRICKING YOUR BLACKBERRY. You have been warned!
    10-07-09 10:52 PM
    Hey Guys, don't get your hopes up I know it's quarter till midnight EST, but I think they posted the link.
    have u read the previous posts?
    10-07-09 11:14 PM
    No option for reinstall.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You don't see it under "My World" ????
    10-07-09 11:21 PM
    ALSO, if you are using the leaked BBM 5 please DOWNGRADE FIRST to 4.6 THEN upgrade to official 5.0! YOU MAY END UP BRICKING YOUR BLACKBERRY. You have been warned!
    Thats not necessary, and sounds a bit redundant. I installed over leaked 5.0 BBM (4.7 OS), as have many others. No one has complained of a bricked phone yet, and its already #2 on the Top Free apps....
    10-07-09 11:23 PM
    hahahahahahahahfdsafhahaha ....ahhahahahahahha
    10-07-09 11:24 PM
    Thats not necessary, and sounds a bit redundant. I installed over leaked 5.0, as have many others. No one has complained of a bricked phone yet, and its already #2 on the Top Free apps....
    i think that guy just did something wrong along the way, he also claims before it bricked his phone he got a message from RIM saying 'LET THIS BE A WARNING FOR SOME' like RIM is gonna be mad that people were using the leaked bbm
    10-07-09 11:25 PM
    i cant send pics anymore through bbm
    #fail?
    Just tried with a BBM .33 user (went through) and a .08 user and will try with a 4.7 BBM user.
    10-07-09 11:26 PM
    i think that guy just did something wrong along the way, he also claims before it bricked his phone he got a message from RIM saying 'LET THIS BE A WARNING FOR SOME' like RIM is gonna be mad that people were using the leaked bbm

Uuuh, I didn't mention RIM at all. Yes, it could have been something I did, more likely it could have been maybe another app I was using, but I am a IT professional, and I've been using Blackberry phones for 5 years. Anyway, it was just a warning of a POSSIBLE issue. If it didn't happen to you GREAT!
    10-07-09 11:31 PM
    Update: Pix sending worked on all combinations of App World BBM to other BBM versions.
    10-07-09 11:57 PM
    I went ahead and downloaded OS 5.0 after getting this, then had to reinstall BBM because it took leave on me. All is well now though.
    10-08-09 12:04 AM
    It seems to have been a temp problem. For the first 5-10 mins I couldn't send pics or anything, it would timeout. I can say this is much faster then the leaked one.
    10-08-09 12:05 AM
    mizmimi,

how is OS 5.0 on the 8330? is it snappier than 4.5?
    10-08-09 12:32 AM
    BBM 5.0.33 is the best.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10-08-09 01:01 AM
    mizmimi,

how is OS 5.0 on the 8330? is it snappier than 4.5?
    I was a bit leary at first, but I am glad I downloaded it. I love how the browser loads so quickly and I can go from page to page in no time at all. I love it!
    10-08-09 01:08 AM
    BBM 5.0.33 is the best.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I know, isn't it!! LOL
    10-08-09 01:10 AM
1,425 ... 5253545556 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD