does anybody else's blackberry messenger just stop working at random times at night for periods of 2 to 3 hours? because the one person i talk to on bb msng has this problem as well... and if so does anybody know how to fix this?
    07-05-09 04:06 AM
    I do not and neither does my brother. Try wiping your OS and re-installing it. Then do a battery pull and let us know how it goes.
    07-05-09 04:16 AM
    does anybody else's blackberry messenger just stop working at random times at night for periods of 2 to 3 hours? because the one person i talk to on bb msng has this problem as well... and if so does anybody know how to fix this?
    That happens sometimes with OS 4.5.0.160. The temporary fix is to reboot the BlackBerry that's having the problem. I don't know a solution other than possibly changing to a different OS version.
    07-05-09 08:44 AM
    Several of my friends have updated their Blackberrys...some with AT&T some with Verizon. I have the 8350I with Nextel. When trying to add contacts to the BB Messenger the request will come through, but when you accept, if places the contact as Pending. This happens on both ends. I've check status to make sure both are available...check e-mails etc. I thought maybe there were differences with BB Messenger versions, but all are new phones running 4.6 OS. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas?
    07-06-09 07:00 PM
    It happens to everyone, I have to end up doing a battery pull and closing the conversation.

I think its a RIM problem and not your phone cause it happens to all of us at one time or another, hopefully with the new bbm coming out it will solve this problem
    07-06-09 09:17 PM
    Never happens with me ... but sometimes my BBM will show contacts as unavailable (with the little red x) even though that's not the case, I saw my friend other day and messaged her on BBM, and it displayed her as unavailable even though she was talking to her contacts ... wierd?
    07-06-09 09:25 PM
    Does anyone know why the conversation just ends without you ending it? I've been having that problem. When I'm bbm'n someone all of a sudden the whole conversation just ends. Sometimes it does this and I don't get to see what someone has txt me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 10:40 PM
    Thanx! I didn't know if you end a conversation it ends on both parties. I thought it was just my phone.

07-07-09 12:47 AM
    Thanx! I didn't know if you end a conversation it ends on both parties. I thought it was just my phone.

If the person is still on your list, they didn't delete you. The conversation just closed on its own due to a BBM memory problem. I guess it's more of a phone memory problem.
    Unless you're in a chat with two or more people, you won't know that someone ended the conversation on their end.

07-07-09 01:00 AM
    Ok, thank you so much for your help and response. I thought it may of had something to do with a memory problem.

07-07-09 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD