ok. sent a request to my friends blackberry for messenger. it never showed on her phone. so she sent me one. it showed up and i accepted. it still shows as pending on her phone, not as accepted.

i rebooted and we tried again. same thing happened. i tried to request her
    using her pin and a "use once", but the only option that came up was the email request.

is anyone else having problems? what do i do? she and i text seriously all day long and i would like to use this service. my brother and I set it up fine a week ago, now im trying with my friend and it wont "go through". help!!!

bby curve, 4.2.2.89
    thanks!
    Vanessa
    04-18-08 03:19 PM
    try adding her again to your address book but only use her pin and nothing else... example if you have a jane smith add the new one under jane s. go back into ur bb messenger and add her again but with the new address pin u just created.... let me know i'm curious.

oh and welcome to the addiction!
    04-18-08 03:31 PM
    BBM is notorious for not working right when adding. First, make sure you are adding by pin. Delete the contact under pending on both devices. Do a battery pull on both devices. With the phone on, remove the battery for 30 seconds, then put it back in. Then one of you try adding the other by pin.
    04-18-08 03:33 PM
    i cant add her by PIN. i use the use once and it will only let me do it by email.

is there another way to use PIN to add her?
    04-18-08 03:39 PM
    when you get to use once, press the menu key to the left of the trackball, and then select request by PIN. That should take care of it!
    04-18-08 03:44 PM
    it works now. amen!
    you people ROCK!
    04-18-08 03:49 PM
    Good job cj
    I was wondering how many posts there would be until someone told her to press the options button

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-08 09:57 PM
    Haha you'd be suprised how many people don't know that easy fact.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-08 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD