What are the main advantages of using BBM? why not just text? Just wondering.
    02-17-09 11:46 PM
    Almost instant connection, threaded messaging, voice messaging, pic messaging and it tells you when the message is delivered and read.
    Pluss it is part of our super special BB group. Ohh and group chat as well I think that's it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 11:48 PM
    I like it for all the above plus they only have my pin and not my cell number......
    02-17-09 11:51 PM
    Almost instant connection, threaded messaging, voice messaging, pic messaging and it tells you when the message is delivered and read.
    Pluss it is part of our super special BB group. Ohh and group chat as well I think that's it

Isn't it awesome? I love it and use it daily!
    02-17-09 11:53 PM
    Pluss it is part of our super special BB group.
    lol, That's funny.

Plus, BBM is part of RIM's secure server network, which is much more secure than texting. BBM also uses the data network, not the voice network.
    02-17-09 11:54 PM
    God yes I have convinced all of my friends to get a bb cause of this. We send rude pics and noises to each other all day on a group chat, lol

02-17-09 11:54 PM
    Cool, Thanks guys for the responses. I will also start using it lol
    02-17-09 11:56 PM
    I enjoy bbm-ing with friends.....how would be able to "group chat"??

Is that possible?? Just picked up the "bold"....that would be great!!!
    02-18-09 12:23 AM
    No character limit like texting has either.
    02-18-09 12:26 AM
    Can I do group chat with my frds?
    02-18-09 01:15 AM
    actually you can!
    its pretty COOL too
    02-18-09 01:19 AM
    An important distinction:

SMS may cost money per message or may have a monthly limit set. BBM uses your data, not your SMS count. That way you can send unlimited BBM's a month (BBM uses very little data, and most carriers have an unlimited data plan for BlackBerry's). If you do have a data limit, be careful to monitor it so you don't go over the limit.

In short, BBM is 'free' and SMS 'cost money'. (There are many exceptions to this).
    02-18-09 01:20 AM
    During a conversation click the BB MENU KEY>[Invite to conference]. Then choose a contact you want to add to the open conversation.
    02-18-09 01:23 AM
    I like it for all the above plus they only have my pin and not my cell number......

AMEN to that!

Also I like it for the whole BBM thing, I find it easier to send and switch convo's... Oh and the group chat rocks too.
    02-18-09 01:24 AM
    Using it more as time goes by, and very useful for many things. Wife asked me to send a message to someone from my contact list, click, she has the data from my addy book and can update hers at the same time. She thought that was so cool.

02-18-09 05:32 AM
    BBM uses the BIS data plan whereas text is in a separate category of it's own, and AT&T charges a grip for unlimited text on top of data and voice. I like BBM because it's an instantaneous response like instant messaging whereas text has lag and latency period.
    02-18-09 09:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD