I am having a real problem adding people onto my BB messenger. I send the request through my address book, then I get these weird emails that have like subject BIN (something like that) and a bunch of weird things in the field. I can never add anyone correctly. My friend from across the country added me last night using my pin without a hitch. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I have tried several times to have the person add me, and vice versa, with the same affects. My friends get the request and accept, and I just get stuck with these weird messages. Very frustrating...

Any help, or suggestions appreciated!

Thanks
    12-05-08 06:11 PM
    Try adding the PIN from BB messenger instead of your address book.
    12-05-08 06:19 PM
    Are you entering the person's PIN number correctly in the add a contact location?
    Sunkast clarified it exactly...from the BB mess
    enger location
    Posted from my Crackberry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by CJH315; 12-05-08 at 06:25 PM.
    12-05-08 06:22 PM
    I believe so...I go to add contact, and when my address book comes up I go all the way to the top and enter the pin. That's what you do, right?
    12-05-08 06:23 PM
    no, on the bold at least (my first BB) start up BB messenger, hit the berry button, scroll to add a contact... and then it will ask for either an email address or pin number, enter the pin, and await confirmation. Then you are good to go
    12-05-08 06:51 PM
    no, on the bold at least (my first BB) start up BB messenger, hit the berry button, scroll to add a contact... and then it will ask for either an email address or pin number, enter the pin, and await confirmation. Then you are good to go
    On the curve, when you select add contact, it opens your address book. Then I have read that you are supposed to go to the top where it says 'one time add' and type in pin. That is what I did, but it didn't work right.
    12-05-08 07:15 PM
    On the curve, when you select add contact, it opens your address book. Then I have read that you are supposed to go to the top where it says 'one time add' and type in pin. That is what I did, but it didn't work right.
    That's only for devices running OS 4.3 and older. In 4.5, they have made it easier where you can just simply type the pin number or email.
    12-05-08 07:17 PM
    I had a similar thing happen and I found out later that the person did not have Blackberry Messenger installed.

Just a thought.
    12-05-08 07:19 PM
    I had a similar thing happen and I found out later that the person did not have Blackberry Messenger installed.

Just a thought.
    No that's not the case here, but thanks for the idea. And yes I am operating on 4.3, but the same process should still apply. My friend is running same version, same phone.
    12-05-08 07:28 PM
    Yeah, that's what I was wondering, as well - whether or not those being added had Blackberrys.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-08 07:30 PM
    hmm i haven't had any problems. i've heard that if the person doesn't have a data plan it won't work...just a thought
    12-05-08 11:06 PM
    I got it to work I added my friend via her PIN vs her email, and it worked flawlessly that way! Thanks for all the input/advise!
    12-06-08 05:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD