Hello all,

glad there are forums like this that I can turn to. So, have had my BB 8320 for a few months now and love it - all except for the annoying device memory (or lack thereof) issues. I know this is perennial with BB, but there must be better solutions. I would actually appreciate any good info on managing this. I am using Aerize Optimizer already (seems ok) to keep memory free, but does not free enough.

My goal now is to figure out how to archive or save SMS messages, emails, calendar items etc. to the media card. I am even willing to pay for some fancy 3rd party PIM app to do this, but none I have found so far say they can do this. I have 2 reasons: 1)free up device memory!!! and 2)keep messages I want to keep instead of losing them as BB default software requires.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. As you can see, I am willing to pay for 3rd party apps to do what I need, but I can't find any.
    09-07-09 11:43 AM
    Sorry. You are out of luck, currently.

Best solution would be to back them up to a computer.
    09-07-09 01:23 PM
    Thanks. Better to know than not.
    09-09-09 11:29 PM
    I always thought that someone should make an app to do that. I think I've come across some of the newer devices able to store messages on their memory cards.

I mean, seriously, I have a 2 gig card, why wouldn't I want to back up thousands of messages at the cost of a couple mgs that mean nothing until you've only got 64mgs to use!
    09-10-09 01:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD