I think for the first time I have seen realistic report from BlackBerry....They acknowledge that they need to be very specific and Niche if they really want to play in Hardware...No need for Mass Marketing, Alicia Keys or Apps, Candy Crush saga...etc...Make phones for high security Defence, Government and regulated industry who only care about Security, Security and Security...Focus on Software and Services, Software and Services and Software and Services...This time I think space ship may have landed on earth...

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 10:00 AM
    Prosumer is not a viable market. It's not even a market. Professionals use the same phones as consumers. The spaceship is still flying
    09-21-13 10:02 AM
    Landed? Seems more like they were marooned. The main evidence of this is the press-release launch of the flagship phone in Malaysia, probably because they couldn't get the US and Canadian carriers on board before the death sentence was handed down yesterday. It's not as if they planned on launching on the other side of the smartphone world right in the midst of new iPhone mania.

It's like TH just said "Just get the damn thing out there in with whatever carrier we have on board right now. I don't care if it's Kuala Lumpur."
    09-21-13 10:08 AM
    It's like TH just said "Just get the damn thing out there in with whatever carrier we have on board right now. I don't care if it's Kuala Lumpur."
    Do you anything about Kuala Lumpur? It's a huge metropolitan city in south asia. Most handset set makers are already actively fighting to sell their phones there.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 10:17 AM
    I think for the first time I have seen realistic report from BlackBerry....They acknowledge that they need to be very specific and Niche if they really want to play in Hardware...No need for Mass Marketing, Alicia Keys or Apps, Candy Crush saga...etc...Make phones for high security Defence, Government and regulated industry who only care about Security, Security and Security...Focus on Software and Services, Software and Services and Software and Services...This time I think space ship may have landed on earth...

Posted via CB10
    Governments and businesses will take a second look now that they see BB going down..many many businesses are on the sideline
    09-21-13 10:18 AM
    BlackBerry began as an enterprise-oriented (professional-oriented) smartphone but as its fortunes declined a certain pair of co-CEOs announced the consumer-oriented market which then was followed some years later by an attempt to revitalise their professional market with the introduction of the "world's first professional-grade tablet", the ill-named BlackBerry PlayBook only to quickly abandon the professional market for the consumer market again as the company tried to make the tablet appealing to these users, eventually resulting in all but abandoning the tablet and a few years later the company wants to refocus on the professional market. To date the strategy is akin to a yo-yo rather than a well thought-out plan. By abandoning the BlackBerry PlayBook and not releasing much needed fully-functional productivity applications the company is headed into the business school case study hall of shame.
    09-21-13 10:29 AM