Every post eventually ends up in the "BlackBerry should market their new stuff" discussion. Does any forum member or CrackBerry.com staff member have a contact in or close to the BlackBerry marketing department and get an answer as to why they don't market much?
    05-02-14 07:05 AM
    Every post eventually ends up in the "BlackBerry should market their new stuff" discussion. Does any forum member or CrackBerry.com staff member have a contact in or close to the BlackBerry marketing department and get an answer as to why they don't market much?
    You may want to try to find the fountain of eternal youth first. Far better odds.
    JeepBB and newcollector like this.
    05-02-14 07:11 AM
    I think Blackberry actually heavily and very strategically marketed the BB10 launch and I saw many advertisements here around the Metropolitan Los Angeles area in addition to print/magazine advertising.

Of course, the advertising has toned down to almost nothing; but, you can't advertise without a product to sell and certainly products like the Z30 are a combination of dated (6 months) and uncompelling. Even the iPhone or Galaxy S starts to stutter in this part of its life cycle.

I think one of Blackberry's biggest problems, aside from unreasonable price tags, is the absence of a consistent line of new product. OEMs like Samsung always have something new to unveil.

I don't blame Chen for preserving advertising for the release of a new device like the Q20.
    JeepBB likes this.
    05-02-14 07:27 AM
    Is there even a BlackBerry marketing development??? If there is what do they do all day???

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141 pin:2AE6118E
    drewood66 and drewood66 like this.
    05-02-14 08:25 AM
    Market to who? They are not wooing consumers and I'm pretty sure corporate and enterprise have contacts that visit.
    05-02-14 08:57 AM
    Is there even a BlackBerry marketing development??? If there is what do they do all day???

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141 pin:2AE6118E
    I believe they are concentrating on focused events at targeted customers such as the BT event in the UK and working with enterprise customers etc first to make sure they know about BB10 and will upgrade to it.. consumer side will come after because they need big bucks for that, once the books are balanced they can..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    05-02-14 09:29 AM
    UK -
    BlackBerry marketing, who really knows????????-img_20140502_161544.jpg

In the final pages of the latest edition of Carphone Warehouse Magazine, after all the other adverts and phone reviews, so I don't think it will be that effective but it's there

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    05-02-14 10:16 AM
    They missed a big opportunity by not marketing z30 and q10.

Both these devices are fine piece of hardware with excellent usable features. Atleast they would have spent some dollars on z30 as it deserved some publicity. It had long battery life,nice build quality and bigger screen.

How BlackBerry can expect their devices to sell with zero marketing??

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    05-02-14 10:42 AM
    What do u want them to advertise......year+ old devices? Not that I expect a lot to change but wait until the next batch of devices to see how they promote them this time

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 11:41 AM

Both these devices are fine piece of hardware with excellent usable features. Atleast they would have spent some dollars on z30 as it deserved some publicity. It had long battery life,nice build quality and bigger screen.

I actually think BB is doing the right thing by keeping a low profile in the consumer market. They need to continue polishing the OS and get it to a point where:

1. BB10 is at feature parity with BBOS7.
    2. Ensure close to 100% compatibility of Android apps.

Once both of the above are done they can then market the heck out of the phones knowing that legacy users will not be disappointed by missing features, and app lovers will not be disappointed by lack of apps (Netflix, etc).
    kbz1960 and bhrgvr like this.
    05-02-14 11:48 AM
    I really hate comments like this. It amounts to "I don't personally see the types of ads I want to see in the places I want to see them" = "the entire global marketing org must be sitting on their butts, playing solitaire all day"

Come on ...
    05-02-14 11:54 AM
    I saw plenty of marketing for the Q10.
    05-02-14 11:54 AM
    What do u want them to advertise......year+ old devices? Not that I expect a lot to change but wait until the next batch of devices to see how they promote them this time

Posted via CB10
    They never even marketed them that aggressively when they came out

Posted via CB10 with z10
    05-02-14 11:57 AM
    I saw plenty of marketing for the Q10.
    I didn't. Maybe on flyers for best buy or Walmart for the holidays, but none on tv

Posted via CB10 with z10
    05-02-14 11:58 AM
    I didn't. Maybe on flyers for best buy or Walmart for the holidays, but none on tv

Posted via CB10 with z10
    I saw commercials from vzw, ATT and sprint for the Q10 and Z10. Haven't seen any for the Z30 but the others had already failed by that time.
    05-02-14 12:04 PM
    I think that before they ramp up their marketing again in America, they had better fix their carrier relations/support issues first. Marketing any phone that you can't actually look at because the carrier doesn't have it on their shelves is a BIG problem.
    05-02-14 02:05 PM

The Z30 is hard to get hold off, the Z10 is cheapest and available in about every Carphone Warehouse store and is the oldest device, and they have loads of unsold stock = Adverts to help get rid of the Z10 so Carphone Warehouse has a reason to put Z30 in its place..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    05-02-14 02:21 PM
    While I agree BlackBerry needs marketing....

They need a product with some appeal to their target audience - general consumers, it would be a wast to advertise to them now as BB10 doesn't have the hardware specs, the mature OS or an official working ecosystem. Z10, Z30 , Q10 , Q5 are a lost cause, no amount of money is going to turn them into marketable devices. Consumers expect sooooo much more that what BB10 has to offer currently.

Now the Z3.... maybe it is the right product, in the right market, at the right price?? I don't know, but BlackBerry is marketing it in Indonesian (not sure how much - by others have posted some ads) and we will see if pricing was the reason BB10 devices weren't selling well.

When BES12 comes out and the "Classic" come out... maybe BlackBerry will market it in the right trade magazines.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-02-14 02:35 PM

Posted via CB10 with z10
    Guess it depends where you live.

05-02-14 06:50 PM
    Here's what I want to see: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=928493

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    05-03-14 05:10 AM
    Right now I am in Love with bb10 but if BlackBerry continue to focus on enterprise and making bb10 business centric, I might abandon BlackBerry.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808
    05-03-14 07:18 AM
    Right now I am in Love with bb10 but if BlackBerry continue to focus on enterprise and making bb10 business centric, I might abandon BlackBerry.
    Not sure this has anything to do with the thread topic. At all.
    05-03-14 07:55 AM