BB fans come up with some pretty awesome ads for BB - anyone who watches this forum knows that. Best part is these creative people do it for the love and they do it on relatively no/low-budgets. I'm reminded of CBC's campaign to replace the Hockey Night in Canada theme - they balked at paying an inflated price for the much-loved classic theme but they put some money on the table and had a competition encouraging people to submit alternate themes. The buzz around the competition was great advertising for HNIC and it produced a pretty decent new theme song. For all of the money BB spends on marketing they should be seeking more creative, interesting, and viral-potential results. Thoughts?
    08-07-13 01:50 PM
    From what I have seen of fan created ads I think this is a terrible idea. Many of them are disjointed, amateurish and do not focus well on why the BlackBerry is the better choice. For instance, one recently posted fan commercial spent 20 something seconds on the features of Samsung and 10 on the BlackBerry, which is what it was touting. There is a currently posted commercial that shows about 2 seconds of typing, a bit of swiping and a magic trick that is completely irrelevant to what BlackBerry is trying to convey.

These things may be fun for us CrackBerry members and fans to look at but I do not think they would do well outside of here. You are correct that BlackBerry has to get more creative, interesting and viral worthy ads out though.
    08-07-13 02:20 PM
    while i see the guy aboves me point, blackberry arent exactly doing well at it either are they? tbh the last blackberry advert i saw was the 9900 i only knew about blackberry10 cause of wikipedia lol .
    08-07-13 04:42 PM
    Damn! The 9900 was the LAST advert you saw?

You're right, BlackBerry is not exactly doing themselves any favors with the commercials they run now. My take is that they are not altogether sure what they want to be and that is reflected in their advertising. They need to settle on a direction and then fully invest in that.
    08-07-13 05:21 PM
    My suggestion was not to invest ad revenue in publishing every lame fan-ad but use a contest or competition to generate interest and excitement and ultimately one or a handful of ads that actually go some distance to selling BlackBerry. The current marketing is not that fun or interesting.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 05:25 PM