I don't normally like to cite articles from Seeking Alpha, good or bad, as I mostly find them to be nothing more than opinion rather than truly factual. I found this article via a #Z10 Twitter search, linked though an account known as @nokianewscom and assuming the numbers are correct I find very little to argue about. Interesting what it says about legacy devices too.

I normally copy and paste the article here as well as the link but I'm struggling with the edit function on my PlayBook this morning. My big fat thumbs and a whopping hangover don't help.

BlackBerry May Make As Much Profit From One Z10 As Nokia Does From Three WP8 Lumias - Seeking Alpha
    Acumenight likes this.
    04-20-13 10:15 AM
    I'm not surprised, the lumia isn't doing too well.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 10:17 AM
    When you consider that the Lumia line has been around for longer and includes a number of lower priced models it is obvious that BB are going to have higher margins at this time before they launch any lower end devices.
    04-21-13 08:39 AM
    When you consider that the Lumia line has been around for longer and includes a number of lower priced models it is obvious that BB are going to have higher margins at this time before they launch any lower end devices.
    I think what's more telling is that the lower range phones are what's selling for Nokia, the problem is, there's very little profit at that end of the market. The high range models, 920 etc, where the money is, are struggling to make an impact on the market. I think Nokia brought this upon themselves by launching the low end phones first (710, etc). I think BlackBerry has, so far at least, executed the launch of BB10 about as flawlessly as possible under the circumstances. Launch high, consider a lower end later once you can establish what your demographics are. If you want to be a high grossing higher end manufacturer then you have to behave like one, not a cheaper line aspiring to be better.
    04-21-13 01:32 PM
    The higher end 920 was also more reasonably priced than the z10.
    That may have something to do with it too

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 04:21 PM