I have read all the posts on this subject and more. Still i have no maps on my device. I have ticked the box and unticked the box. Installed an uninstalled several times. I have upgraded my o/s and downgraded my o/s. Still no joy. I have tried everything on my storm and bb maps are not in my application folder!
    I have had it unlocked and i am using an Orange sim. I have also signed up to a bb data plan. I have tried the host routing table thing too.
    Does anyone have any ideas why its not on my device pleaseeeeee......
    03-03-09 06:54 AM
    I also have the same problem it is installed on the device but theres no way of using it?
    03-03-09 12:10 PM
    I also have the same problem it is installed on the device but theres no way of using it?
    Yes if i go into options advanced options it shows in there, but there is nothing in my applications or any other folder!!
    03-03-09 05:06 PM
    ANYONE??? Please i`m desperate now....
    03-04-09 11:34 AM
    Have you tried the download? at
    http:<slash slask>www<dot>blackberry<dot>com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=maps
    I use google maps. Is there a reason you want to use blackberry maps instead?
    03-04-09 11:41 AM
    I have read all the posts on this subject and more. Still i have no maps on my device. I have ticked the box and unticked the box. Installed an uninstalled several times. I have upgraded my o/s and downgraded my o/s. Still no joy. I have tried everything on my storm and bb maps are not in my application folder!
    I have had it unlocked and i am using an Orange sim. I have also signed up to a bb data plan. I have tried the host routing table thing too.
    Does anyone have any ideas why its not on my device pleaseeeeee......

couple questions, is it in your download folder?
    and have you paid a visit to blackberry.com for answers?
    03-04-09 01:41 PM
    Have you tried the download? at
    http:<slash slask>www<dot>blackberry<dot>com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=maps
    I use google maps. Is there a reason you want to use blackberry maps instead?
    Hi tried that and also installed an older version of bb maps. That showed up but wouldnt run.
    I have google maps on it too. Just really wanted to know where my version of bb was and why its missing!
    03-05-09 07:41 AM
    couple questions, is it in your download folder?
    and have you paid a visit to blackberry.com for answers?
    It`s nowhere looked in every folder as well as the downloads one.
    I`ve tried loads of sites for my answer and tried everything i have found on them, but none of it works for mine.
    03-05-09 07:44 AM
    its cos orange apparently has their own maps program (read that in a thread here actually)... i know in my case it's cos bb maps isn't supported in my country (Australia) so it's not in my applications list
    03-07-09 11:13 PM
    That could be true as i have tried everything and no one has come up with any ideas. I`ve ordered a vodafone sim to see what happens...
    03-08-09 01:54 PM
    I know whats wrong now after reading lots of posts. There is a file missing called net_rim_bb_lbs_ribbon.cod. Which is in the LBS.alx file. The only thing is i have looked in this file to edit it like it saya in other posts but the vendorID is not showing in this file. Now i`m confused!!
    03-11-09 08:04 AM
    Anyone able to shed any light on this subject? My mom has the storm and refuses to use google maps. She has tried to load bb maps from OTA and computer. It keeps her in a loop to accept contract and when she does it doesn't load. I am not where she is so I'm trying to help via phone and text.

any suggestions?
    07-12-10 05:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD