Just upgraded from OS5 to OS6.

I noticed among other problems that the Blackberry Maps App no longer has the GPS functionality? This used to work for the OS5 before I upgraded. I have a BIS data plan.

Is this generally like this for the new Maps application or did my service provider limit the access?

How do you get GPS navigation working again? What other software? I'm even looking at other apps, and there doesnt appear to be GPS functionality offered to the blackberry at all?

This is kind of ridiculous if its true that BB now doesnt offer GPS functionality. If they let the service providers lock down their functions then they are digging a bigger hole for themselves compared to the likes of iphone and android and windows phone, their competitors. Why why why!?
    Last edited by BBmakky; 01-10-13 at 07:06 PM.
    01-10-13 05:03 PM
    Works fine on my OS6 9800. What kind of phone are you using exactly?
    01-10-13 05:08 PM
    The 9700.

Is it just like before where you can click 'Start GPS" or something along the lines?
    01-10-13 05:11 PM
    The 9700.

Is it just like before where you can click 'Start GPS" or something along the lines?
    It's different, just press 0 or the space bar.
    01-10-13 06:00 PM
    No I dont have it. Nothing happens.

I just tried. All I have is the stupid map and no GPS functionality.

I am contemplating downgrading OS if that is the case.

So in your case you clearly have GPS capability right? If you click on the blackberry button, there is 'Start GPS' or something along the lines right? The closest thing I have is "My Location", which relies on cell tower info for general location range instead of the dedicated GPS telling more precise location, which is ridiculous.

Must be the servicebooks from the provider blocking it off?

I also tried to download the new maps app from blackberry website but cant install it after ti is downloaded. Buggy software or it was blocked again. Lots of silliness with this OS like not being able to delete bookmarks on the browser to a bunch of apps getting some java error.
    01-10-13 07:03 PM