On settings on BlackBerry Maps, at the bottom it says Avoid and some options. Well, for traffic enhanced routing, if you want to have it ON, do you put the slider to on or off? You would assume it's off since it's under avoid but I think it has to be set to on.

Also, can anyone please share what they mean by car sharing lanes and ferries? And if you want to avoid them what do you have to set the slider to? Thanks.

Btw, BlackBerry Maps is very good. I read that it wasn't that great but I disagree.

Posted via CB10
    rai187 and flyingsolid like this.
    05-07-14 12:48 AM
    On settings on BlackBerry Maps, at the bottom it says Avoid and some options. Well, for traffic enhanced routing, if you want to have it ON, do you put the slider to on or off? You would assume it's off since it's under avoid but I think it has to be set to on.

Also, can anyone please share what they mean by car sharing lanes and ferries? And if you want to avoid them what do you have to set the slider to? Thanks.

Btw, BlackBerry Maps is very good. I read that it wasn't that great but I disagree.

Posted via CB10
    It works fantastically for me as well.

Though, I also have no idea what those mean functionally. Though, with Traffic Enhanced Routing and Car Sharing Lanes on, it always avoids the highway in Cape Town.
    05-07-14 01:11 AM
    I really need to know this.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 09:57 AM
    On means those things will be avoided. Avoid highways = On means the route it calculates will avoid any highways.

Avoid ferries only apply if the route you wish to take crosses a lake or ocean where a ferry may be an option but a bridge is available and it will take you to that bridge.

Avoid car sharing lanes means it will avoid highways with car pool lanes or HOV (high occupancy vehicle) lanes. Kind of useless since only one lane is usually dedicated for that and the rest of the highway is free to use.
    flyingsolid likes this.
    05-07-14 10:41 AM
    I get confused too, who ever designed that settings menu suffers brain damage!

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 10:47 AM