I am a new blackberry owner but I was glad I am. My son and I were driving to No. Calif. to visit the University he is going to in the fall. He was driving and we were talking and listening to XM comedy radio when the car died. He says to me oh no, we just ran out of gas. Neither one of us was paying attention. Well we were in the middle of now where. I didn't know which town we had recently passed nor which one we were approaching. And nothing around us gave us a clue as to where were were and what to tell roadside service. But we had cell service. With BB maps I was able to get our location on my phone and tell them with in a half mile where we were.

Glad I have a BB
    04-30-11 03:07 PM
    Great post, Thanks for sharing.
    04-30-11 03:22 PM
    Good thing it happened where there was cell service. What school is he looking at? I went to Humboldt State and there's a few hours of practically no civilization along that ride.
    04-30-11 03:33 PM
    I use BB Maps quite a bit when traveling.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-11 04:35 PM
    I personally prefer Google Maps on the BB. The voice search is very accurate. I only have BB Maps installed because its required by BB Traffic. That's another cool app you should check out.
    04-30-11 05:07 PM
    I loved BB Maps for OS5 but for some bizarre reason BB Maps on OS6 disconnects the BIS connection while you use it which makes it no good for me as it means I will not receive any emails/bbms while I navigate.

Anybody else have this problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-11 03:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD