Prem's overall point is that Apple CHOOSES to support older devices longer than many other OEMs support theirs.
    Is that supposed to be good xD? Because it kills your device.. You think its good while its really no good.. iPhones have very limited specs, they're not like androids.. With the progressing of time they don't stay relevant and the new software updates slows them down heavily.. Its just a scam to make you upgrade then you would be faced with a turtle kind of device, then you open your wallet and buy a newer device.

I agree that other OEMs need to up their game when it comes to the duration of support.. But not like Apple.. OEMs should support the devices with updates as long as they can handle them.. Now Apple doesn't do so.. They give you the update KNOWING that it will slow down things for you..
    07-28-16 08:19 AM
    Throwing ish against a wall to see what sticks. No purpose behind this device. No one asked for it.
    It strikes me that given the number of posts I've read since PRIV was announced there were two VERY COMMON themes:
    1. The PRIV is very over-priced (or high priced - take your pick)
    2. Why isn't BB making a new ALL TOUCH device????!!!!!

So, to me, this sort of device has been asked for, very clearly and loudly.
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    07-28-16 08:56 AM
    ... so that people might actually buy some of them, lol.
    07-28-16 09:10 AM
    It strikes me that given the number of posts I've read since PRIV was announced there were two VERY COMMON themes:
    1. The PRIV is very over-priced (or high priced - take your pick)
    2. Why isn't BB making a new ALL TOUCH device????!!!!!

So, to me, this sort of device has been asked for, very clearly and loudly.
    Not really... I think many just wanted a competitively priced all tough Flagship phone.

They wanted to be able to buy a BlackBerry with the same specs as the Galaxy S7 at the same price or with the same "deals" (like BOGO or even free on contract) that they were seeing.

Now yes that are also many that don't have the budget for a Flagship phone... that's why the CURVE was so popular. And I think for many this $300 price works very well. Only problem is this phone doesn't have the advantages that the CURVE had over its contemporaries (push email when no one else had it, great battery life when no one else had it, lower data plans, BBM).

If security was a reason you bought a BlackBerry the DTECK is at a great price point. If your like other people and security for your means waterproofing or a better scratch resistant screen... maybe its not.
    07-28-16 09:10 AM
    Is that supposed to be good xD? Because it kills your device.. You think its good while its really no good.. iPhones have very limited specs, they're not like androids.. With the progressing of time they don't stay relevant and the new software updates slows them down heavily.. Its just a scam to make you upgrade then you would be faced with a turtle kind of device, then you open your wallet and buy a newer device.

I agree that other OEMs need to up their game when it comes to the duration of support.. But not like Apple.. OEMs should support the devices with updates as long as they can handle them.. Now Apple doesn't do so.. They give you the update KNOWING that it will slow down things for you..
    They give an update knowing that the user can choose to install it or choose not to.
    Cashgap likes this.
    07-28-16 11:22 AM
    They give an update knowing that the user can choose to install it or choose not to.
    What if the user doesn't know that it may slow down his device?.. Do they give an option to roll back to the older OS?.. are all users techies and knowledgeable about this stuff?
    07-28-16 07:47 PM
    Its not a good thing that the old iPhones receive the new software updates.. But its rather a good thing for the Androids that they don't receive them.. Because like Troy said, the devices slow down and it becomes a nightmare.. So you're stuck with a miserably slow device in that case.. Some people even argue that, Apple deliberately keeps kicking OS updates to old devices so they would slow them down in order for you to update to a newer phone.

The updates are good as long as your phone's specs can handle them.. Believe me, you don't want to have an update that's released now if your device is something from 2013 or 2012.. Let alone an S2 from 2011.
    I need the latest OS to have any expectation of security. I need the latest (or recent) specs to run the latest OS.

I need to spend money to have both... ;-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    Sairos likes this.
    07-29-16 06:30 AM
    What if the user doesn't know that it may slow down his device?.. Do they give an option to roll back to the older OS?.. are all users techies and knowledgeable about this stuff?
    Now Windows 10 on PC let's you roll back within 30 days...
    But hey, Windows 10 is much more performant that 7! ;-P

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    07-29-16 06:32 AM
    I can't understand people, it's the price is to high complaint, is the price is lower complaint, if the phone dont have PKB complaint, if the phone dont have a snapdragon 820 complaint, if the phone look like other phone also complaint.

Not everybody can afford a phone over 500, just for WS, Facebook, Candy Crush, and a few more Apps.

300$ for a phone is my personal limit, even if i have the money to expend lote than 500$, i will never do it.

Posted via CB10
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    07-29-16 06:58 AM
    Now Windows 10 on PC let's you roll back within 30 days...
    Exactly, I was going to use Microsoft as a good example.. They let you roll back to the old OS, if you want.. Now if Apple would let people do that, then its fair play.
    07-29-16 07:01 AM
    I can't understand people, it's the price is to high complaint, is the price is lower complaint, if the phone dont have PKB complaint, if the phone dont have a snapdragon 820 complaint, if the phone look like other phone also complaint.

Not everybody can afford a phone over 500, just for WS, Facebook, Candy Crush, and a few more Apps.

300$ for a phone is my personal limit, even if i have the money to expend lote than 500$, i will never do it.

Posted via CB10
    You will always have people with different needs and so you'll see different complaints.. Its pretty normal.. One person likes to have his BlackBerries expensive, another person likes to have them cheap.. So everyone keeps complaining about their needs not being met.. As if the F***** company is their daddys'.

Person with $$: Oh Priv for $700, fantastic I love it but why not $800?
    Person without much $$: Oh Priv for $700, Go to hell BlackBerry.. I'm ordering Chinese.
    07-29-16 07:04 AM
    Prem's overall point is that Apple CHOOSES to support older devices longer than many other OEMs support theirs.
    To further add, they have the resources to do so.
    07-29-16 09:59 AM
    Some of you will never be happy! To high,to low!? Wth. I paid 700 for the BlackBerry Priv and it's well worth It,i just ordered the BlackBerry DTEK50 and I sure ain't complaining. But to answer your question it's so more people and customers can order a secure phone that's cheaper then any Priv,Iphone or Samsung, it's a very smart move By BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Sairos likes this.
    07-29-16 10:25 AM
    To further add, they have the resources to do so.
    Exactly.
    07-29-16 11:08 AM
    Some of you will never be happy! To high,to low!? Wth. I paid 700 for the BlackBerry Priv and it's well worth It,i just ordered the BlackBerry DTEK50 and I sure ain't complaining. But to answer your question it's so more people and customers can order a secure phone that's cheaper then any Priv,Iphone or Samsung, it's a very smart move By BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    TITCR.

Also, keep in mind BlackBerry cannot really command the higher price, so it's better to gain traction among consumers in its capacity as an Android OEM. In addition, security via software seems to be BlackBerry's MO right now.

That said, I'm completely disgusted that any phone is priced over $500 these days, and I'm someone who has spent her fair share of $700+ per device. Having spent the last year with devices that ranged in price from the cheaper end of the spectrum to the higher end, I'm sorely against spending so much on a single device at this point especially when the things that set devices apart aren't as major as they use to be.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-16 02:16 AM
    Simple, the reason is because now BlackBerry is in the Android sphere and to compete you need a competitive advantage. The only way for BlackBerry to compete in this market is to have good spec's, good design and low price.

It's like if you go to the supermarket and you see 2 chickens one is priced at $20/ KG the other is priced at $50/KG . Which one would you buy?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-30-16 06:34 AM
    TITCR.

Also, keep in mind BlackBerry cannot really command the higher price, so it's better to gain traction among consumers in its capacity as an Android OEM. In addition, security via software seems to be BlackBerry's MO right now.

That said, I'm completely disgusted that any phone is priced over $500 these days, and I'm someone who has spent her fair share of $700+ per device. Having spent the last year with devices that ranged in price from the cheaper end of the spectrum to the higher end, I'm sorely against spending so much on a single device at this point especially when the things that set devices apart aren't as major as they use to be.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. For instance the Moto G line. Inexpensive, don't have all the top features, but performs extremely well.
    07-30-16 06:40 AM
    Nah, they can't compete at this price point. You can get a much better phone for that price. They are milking the PKB as much as the can but that segment keep shrinking. Again tossing ish to the wall and see if it sticks.
    08-05-16 05:10 PM

That's not true, my iPhone 3gs worked great with each update it got, though some of new functionality wasn't available to it. It still works great with the latest software it can support. I never noticed any slow down. It's not as fast as my 6 or 6s but its still as fast as it always was. Though I never loaded it with a lot of apps. I still use it as an music streamer and for some specific email accounts.
    08-05-16 07:08 PM
    That's not true, my iPhone 3gs worked great with each update it got, though some of new functionality wasn't available to it. It still works great with the latest software it can support. I never noticed any slow down. It's not as fast as my 6 or 6s but its still as fast as it always was. Though I never loaded it with a lot of apps. I still use it as an music streamer and for some specific email accounts.
    Load it with some apps and use it as your daily driver and then lets see its performance.. What I've said is assuming that you use it as most people do.. A phone with no apps will run as it always runs.. The apps is a big factor.. They get heavier in size by time and alongside the OS, the device can't handle the updates the same way it used to.

Your experience is a one user opinion, a lot of people have experienced slow downs, google it and you will find so..

That's neither true nor false, these things are not facts but users' experiences and opinions.. Mine included.. I'm sure lots of people disagree and others agree too..
    08-06-16 09:34 AM

If security was a reason you bought a BlackBerry the DTECK is at a great price point. If your like other people and security for your means waterproofing or a better scratch resistant screen... maybe its not.
    I am not sure security is a good reason to buy any Android phone. Not sure BB is that secure either unless you have BES and a locked down device.
    Last edited by ADGrant; 08-06-16 at 10:38 AM.
    08-06-16 10:19 AM
    At the end of the day, you have to play the game to survive.
    08-06-16 10:52 AM
    I am not sure security is a good reason to buy any Android phone. Not sure BB is that secure either unless you have BES and a locked down device.
    It's been that way since the beginning of BlackBerry RIM.
    08-06-16 10:54 AM
    It's a maturing industry. Incremental innovations are less essential. Or perceived as.

Blackberry always has various price ranges.

It's very tough to sell high end phones at high end price. Only Apple and Samsung can command that today.
    08-06-16 12:36 PM
    BlackBerry is making cheaper phones because people compare it to cheaper competitors...but truly I want them to make flagships....live like a worrior and die like a king....on your own terms I bought passport it rocks now I will buy priv dtek doesnt appeal to me much....i am ok with slight lags that priv has till it carries BlackBerry productivity, ios and plain androids cant match the productivity quotient...mere toys...gave a try to ios and android landed up wasting my time infact killing my time as they turned out to be game boxes...a true smart fone is which can keep me away from my computers and yet keep me fully organized bb10 does that the best and screen on passport is an addiction...if they launch android passport will order right here right now

Red passport
    08-06-16 01:34 PM
55 123