LMAO I honestly thought you were trying to make a moving parts analogy by using a literal juicebox as representation of the iPhone, my apologies.
    lol oh ok.

You are missing my point. Here is an example using my iPhone4. Right now I am in the message view, having a conversation with someone. The only options I have for me to use is:

1) Respond (whether by typing/pasting/camera)
    2) Edit (forward/delete)
    3) Copy a whole message
    4) Return to contact list

Whereas if I was using a Blackberry, I would have a whole slew of options to choose from in order to manipulate the data I have on the screen or do whatever else can be done via the menu (perhaps changing my profile?) I'm not too sure since I don't have a BB right now...

Regardless, I know that you CAN do things with your iPhone, but you can not say that there is the same, or more, functionality as a BB has. Here is a really simple example: File Management. How do I do that on my iPhone?
    I'm not missing your point. I KNOW BBs have more functionality when it comes to certain things. Same goes for Android. iOS is a totally different animal. BB OS has a lot of things built into the core of the OS that iOS does not. That's why having a menu button offers so much more on Android and BB OS. BB OS and Android are more customizable. iOS is more barebones and polished. There are tradeoffs.
    08-16-11 12:15 PM
    It is frustrating not being able to get my point across.

The things I am trying to say are:

1) The OSes power lies in its multitasking and ability to scale to work with multiple cores with ease

2) Apple has effectively removed some forms of functionality from their devices in a successful effort to appeal to the masses want to worry about as little as possible
    I understand that it is frustrating, but there are too many variables to make a direct comparison it's just that you all have valid points to make and make them usually very well but and I address all of you, it can get a bit ugly. I hope you don't mind my comments. Thanks
    01itr likes this.
    08-16-11 12:17 PM
    I understand that it is frustrating, but there are too many variables to make a direct comparison it's just that you all have valid points to make and make them usually very well but and I address all of you, it can get a bit ugly. I hope you don't mind my comments. Thanks
    Yep that is know. The debate between 01itr and I has been peaceful and no bashing is going on. I don't see it turning south in the near future either.
    08-16-11 12:20 PM
    Yep that is know. The debate between 01itr and I has been peaceful and no bashing is going on. I don't see it turning south in the near future either.
    Thats great, but what has this been about, I'm not sure, but I don't feel it's about the original post is it or is it?
    08-16-11 12:29 PM
    Thats great, but what has this been about, I'm not sure, but I don't feel it's about the original post is it or is it?

Lets just say that we will always disagree and it doesn't really matter since iOS will continue to be iOS and BB will continue to be BB.

Sometimes it takes a third party to make you step back and realize that the whole argument is pointless and going nowhere, ah well.
    southlander likes this.
    08-16-11 12:32 PM

Lets just say that we will always disagree and it doesn't really matter since iOS will continue to be iOS and BB will continue to be BB.

Sometimes it takes a third party to make you step back and realize that the whole argument is pointless and going nowhere, ah well.
    nice one, great picture, good metaphor.
    08-16-11 12:41 PM
    Semantics. Apple "simplifies" by "dumbing down" their product.

ex. - iPhone only has one button in front. Simplifying it right? However, they are lacking the functionality that comes with the multiple buttons on say a Blackberry. The device is "dumbed down" in that you can no longer do these things, Apple says you don't need to.
    Ah. So RIM "dumbed down" the PlayBook even more by eliminating all front-facing hardware buttons. Got it.

another ex. - iPhone has no removable battery. Well now you don't have to worry about your battery either! Pretty simplified, unless you wanted to replace your battery, or remove it for any reason. But Apple doesn't see a requirement for you to do this, so it removes the function, effectively "dumbing down" the device further.
    Good point! It's like how 80 years ago auto manufacturers introduced powered starters in lieu of manually operated handcranks, thereby "dumbing down" automobiles. Personally, I'd much prefer a hand crank to an engine start button. Convenience is for wusses.
    08-16-11 12:43 PM
    Ah. So RIM "dumbed down" the PlayBook even more by eliminating all front-facing hardware buttons. Got it.

Good point! It's like how 80 years ago auto manufacturers introduced powered starters in lieu of manually operated handcranks, thereby "dumbing down" automobiles. Personally, I'd much prefer a hand crank to an engine start button. Convenience is for wusses.
    Thanks but I'm done arguing about this here (see above pic). If you want to continue having this conversation (I will be more than glad to), please open up a separate thread (perhaps not in the News & Rumours section) and send me a PM so we can get started there.
    08-16-11 12:52 PM
    Thanks but I'm done arguing about this here (see above pic). If you want to continue having this conversation (I will be more than glad to), please open up a separate thread (perhaps not in the News & Rumours section) and send me a PM so we can get started there.
    I wasn't inviting any conversation. Those points were ridiculous, and in need of some sarcasm. Now excuse me, I need to get the hand crank installed on my car before I have the engine start button removed. . . I wouldn't want the car to be "dumbed down" at all.
    08-16-11 12:57 PM
    It's not actually which is why I am not going to respond to it anymore within this thread. This thread is about RIM and Google's deal with Motorola. I don't know why Apple was brought up at all actually.
    01itr and daveycrocket like this.
    08-16-11 01:00 PM
    I wasn't inviting any conversation. Those points were ridiculous, and in need of some sarcasm. Now excuse me, I need to get the hand crank installed on my car before I have the engine start button removed. . . I wouldn't want the car to be "dumbed down" at all.
    a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[ extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response
    10chars|||
    08-16-11 01:05 PM
    I don't know why Apple was brought up at all actually.
    Below is the first post in this thread to mention Apple (outside the text of the original article). You won't be surprised by the identity of the poster at all, though it is somewhat ironic since he went and "thanked" you for the very post I am now responding to:

That's Apple's job.
    08-16-11 01:11 PM
    10chars|||

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz. . .
    08-16-11 01:12 PM
    Thread duly derailed... and closed.
    daveycrocket likes this.
    08-16-11 01:33 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD