does anyone ever use the BackSpace or Delete macros????

Backspace: %b
    Delete: %B
    07-13-10 05:07 PM
    With a key dedicated to this purpose what exactly would be the point of this?
    07-13-10 05:16 PM
    Why do you ask?
    07-13-10 05:17 PM
    I use them in combination with most autotext entries.
    07-13-10 07:32 PM
    Nope. I use the other macros, but not those. I guess it could come in handy if someone didn't feel like reaching all the way to the right for the delete key. An easier solution would be to set one of the keys nears the space bar as an alternate. Such as vv, bb, or nn

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-10 08:00 PM
    I use both the macros that you mentioned for ellipsis in autotext. For (...) after a sentence, I type 'ddd' with [%b...] in autotext. And for (...) before a sentience, I type 'dddd' with [...%B] in autotext. To use either of these you have to <space - ddd - space>.
    07-13-10 10:04 PM
    I use both the macros that you mentioned for ellipsis in autotext. For (...) after a sentence, I type 'ddd' with [%b...] in autotext. And for (...) before a sentience, I type 'dddd' with [...%B] in autotext. To use either of these you have to <space - ddd - space>.
    Those are pretty cool! Thanks for the tip. I went ahead and added them to my arsenal.
    07-13-10 10:44 PM
    Call me daft but I still don't see the benefit of this. All of this seems, at least to me,
    a solution begging for a problem to solve.
    07-13-10 11:05 PM
    Call me daft but I still don't see the benefit of this. All of this seems, at least to me,
    a solution begging for a problem to solve.
    only time I see it useful is if one could autotext

dddd and it become a series of [%b,%b,%b,%b,%b,%b,%b,%b,%b,%b,%b] to delete an entire line with a short keyboard stroke.

but I too don't see the value
    07-13-10 11:21 PM
    I just found a useful feature for it. There's an advantage of having a physical keypad along with AutoText. The ability to type with speed. That's something I'm always looking to achieve.
    I know it's nothing major, but I seem to hate typing text that's wrapped in parenthesis. I hate typing alt+( and alt+).
    I ended up setting tt as an AutoText for ( and yy as an AutoText for ). I never used those AutoText shortcuts I created because I didn't like the fact that I had to backspace before and after each one. I've now included the backspace macro and it's speeding things up for me.
    I will probably do the same with the L key. I seem to hate typing quotes. This will allow me to back the text back up to the start of the quote.

07-13-10 11:52 PM
    This is my new AutoText with macros for " "

ll = "%B
    lll = %b"

Typing:
    ll [Space Bar] this is cool [Space Bar] lll [Space Bar]

End result:
    "this is cool"

In order to use AutoText you have to press the Space Bar afterwards in order for the end result to be displayed. This macro is designed to remove the space that was created, for those times when the space is not needed.

07-14-10 12:04 AM
    I've mentioned this before in autotext threads....

I use autotext to change " v " into ?
    " n " into ,
    " b " into !

for me those are easier than pressing Alt and the character.

The backspace or del removes those letters and the preceeding space and types in my character like a comma or question mark.
    07-14-10 12:27 AM
    ooh thanks for this!

as to why, MisterObvious asks, is because of speed like cdf3 stated.

for example i have "ure " --> "you're "
    i'd rather type "ure " than type y-o-u-ALT-K(')-r-e-space "you're "
    that's 4 characters compared to 8

I saw that I wasn't using the delete or backspace macros so I thought I'd ask if anyone here is using it for something
    07-19-10 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD