LOL. So you think Mexico will be the savior of the Priv? LOL You people are always good for a laugh. The nutcase ideas that i can read here one of a kind.
    No body use BlackBerry in Mexico anymore... I couldn't even find a BlackBerry charger last summer when I was there. Had to use an Android charger to get by after searched most of the electronics stores over there.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    04-03-16 06:39 PM
    A low-mid range Blackberry Android device (all-touch) would have done well based on what I see selling over the last 2-3 years.
    I'm kinda slow. Please name me a single BB device launched since around 2007 that was not a dud. Just one, I dont want you to strain anything while you work on this. LOL
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    04-03-16 06:48 PM
    I'm kinda slow. Please name me a single BB device launched since around 2007 that was not a dud. Just one, I dont want you to strain anything while you work on this. LOL
    What do you define as a dud?
    04-03-16 08:07 PM
    What do you define as a dud?
    Are you serious? I dont think Blackberry has released a device that even hit the 3 million sold mark since 2007 and prior. A "DUD" would be any device that did not generate a profit. I cant even believe someone would ask this question. For all the current BB fans, This company has turned its back on its customer base not once but twice. It's sad!
    04-03-16 08:18 PM
    Are you serious? I dont think Blackberry has released a device that even hit the 3 million sold mark since 2007 and prior. A "DUD" would be any device that did not generate a profit. I cant even believe someone would ask this question. For all the current BB fans, This company has turned its back on its customer base not once but twice. It's sad!
    Not saying you're wrong, but do you really think they haven't pulled a profit on a device since 2007? I mean excluding BIS fees of course.

I wasn't into BB back then so I wouldn't know.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-16 08:35 PM
    Not saying you're wrong, but do you really think they haven't pulled a profit on a device since 2007? I mean excluding BIS fees of course.

I wasn't into BB back then so I wouldn't know.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure when hardware went negative... But for the last three years they have lost billions on BB10, and now Android hardware is losing money.

I'm not sure if BlackBerry is finished... As Chen seems to always be able to cut cost so he can lower the bar on the number of devices he needs to sell. But I think they are done offering a device that will appeal to consumers.

Chen has more spending to cut... After Marshmallow is done, I wouldn't want to be in the Android software department.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-03-16 08:49 PM
    Are you serious? I dont think Blackberry has released a device that even hit the 3 million sold mark since 2007 and prior. A "DUD" would be any device that did not generate a profit. I cant even believe someone would ask this question.
    Thanks for your clarification. I could have defined a DUD differently.

How many units did the BB Bold sell?
    Last edited by roleli; 04-04-16 at 02:40 AM.
    04-03-16 09:50 PM
    Thanks for your clarification. I could had defined a DUD differently.

How many units did the BB Bold sell?
    The Bold was a BB07 device. When BB was on top. not even a comparison
    04-03-16 09:54 PM
    The Bold was a BB07 device. When BB was on top. not even a comparison
    I know the Bold was a BBOS device not BB10 device.

You made a statement re:2007 and I am seeking answers.
    04-03-16 10:04 PM
    I know the Bold was a BBOS device not BB10 device.

You made a statement re:2007 and I am seeking answers.
    What answer are you seeking? Blackberry has not made money on a device since around 2007. They could not contribute to the changing face of mobile devices and by the time they did , it was too late. What dont you get?
    04-03-16 10:27 PM
    What answer are you seeking? Blackberry has not made money on a device since around 2007. They could not contribute to the changing face of mobile devices and by the time they did , it was too late. What dont you get?
    How many devices units of BB Bold devices were sold?
    04-03-16 10:35 PM
    Even in about 2010 -12 the UK was still saturated with curves and bolds, everyone I knew had one of those, the decline may have started in 2007 but they were still selling curves in very high numbers I would believe.

Posted via CB10
    Gallofa and roleli like this.
    04-04-16 01:14 AM
    Even in about 2010 -12 the UK was still saturated with curves and bolds, everyone I knew had one of those, the decline may have started in 2007 but they were still selling curves in very high numbers I would believe.

Posted via CB10
    True, here in Spain was the same

Posted via Android while my Z30 rests
    roleli likes this.
    04-04-16 01:36 AM
    Losing the battle....YES. They lost and the priv was supposed to be the savior but at the price they released it. I don't think so

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 07:01 PM
    It makes me sad and angry to think about it. The Blackberrys are great phones, but the marketing strategies, what little there is of it, are so bad it's a wonder the company has survived this long. They seem to have no idea what their products can do for people, or what people are looking for in a phone. Rather than widening their view of the products, the marketing suffers from ever-worsening glaucoma. Its a pity. I really love the phones and the OS.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 07:13 PM
    Losing the battle?
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-04-16 07:24 PM
    Losing the battle?
    Lost.....
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-04-16 08:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    True, here in Spain was the same

Posted via Android while my Z30 rests
    Comparison of profit/loss vs shipments (paywall for more detailed information).

? RIM/Blackberry net income/loss 2009-2016 | Statistic

? Blackberry smartphone shipments worldwide 2007-2013 | Statistic

Shipments were 4-5x higher in 2010-2011 than in 2007 but income was less than twice. The word "tanked" applies after that. Because of trailing sales/data I wouldn't blame a particular model but it's pretty clear BB10 has not been positive for BBRY at all.
    Eumaeus, roleli and JeepBB like this.
    04-04-16 08:33 PM
    With the ASP at $315 and the division dying, consumer sales nonexistent, Act like a startup, undercut everyone, tell the carriers (who don't pay them any mind anyway) to f off and sell direct online for $250, $300 and $350. have some super fast shipping scheme, 24 hr support to sweeten the deal and give it a shot. Grab some attention, grab some mindshare, grab some cash and grab your competitors by the balz.
    roleli likes this.
    04-04-16 08:54 PM
    With the ASP at $315 and the division dying, consumer sales nonexistent, Act like a startup, undercut everyone, tell the carriers (who don't pay them any mind anyway) to f off and sell direct online for $250, $300 and $350. have some super fast shipping scheme, 24 hr support to sweeten the deal and give it a shot. Grab some attention, grab some mindshare, grab some cash and grab your competitors by the balz.
    Yeah, and forget Digital River... or you'll cry one... :-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    roleli likes this.
    04-04-16 10:33 PM
    Please check out this graph. Data from Statista on Blackberry Sales per quarter starting Quarter 1, 2007
    ? Blackberry smartphone shipments worldwide 2007-2013 | Statistic
    04-05-16 02:00 AM
    Did you read the book "Losing the Signal"? It is an interesting but sad report on what went wrong.
    I will be now. Thanks for the reference!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-05-16 05:15 PM
    I will be now. Thanks for the reference!
    You're welcome.
    04-05-16 08:54 PM
    You're welcome.
    It's available on the Audible app, for those of us who like to listen to books during our commutes. The early chapters are heavily biographical and I found those a little tedious, but it picks up on tech in chapter 4 and really gets interesting.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-06-16 07:20 AM
    They lost the hardware battle 5+ years ago, long before Chen came aboard.

Posted from my  Q10 via CB10
    04-06-16 07:24 AM
57 123