An interesting article on CTV NEWS. Really not sure why BlackBerry stories are no longer being shared by Crackberry anymore. Seems regular news media is consistently covering more stories about BlackBerry and related tech stories that crackberry misses completely.

BlackBerry looks to autos, connected homes on its road to recovery | CTV News

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 12:30 PM
    All of the things in this article are from Chen's interview with Bloomberg. The Bloomberg interview is more informative than this article and was on the CrackBerry home page.
    12-21-14 02:01 PM
    Regardless it's a major news media article on BlackBerry that isn't in Crackberry.

Add to the fact that it's not about the content as much as the other aspects contained within the article (interviews with analysts) that make it Crackberry worthy.

All in all you wouldn't expect to come across BlackBerry articles 2 to 1 in regular media than crackberry which is SUPPOSED to be all things BlackBerry.

Not sure why people feel compelled to defend CB when it's clear that it's going down hill and B1aze has been hung out to dry with little to no support.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 02:42 PM
    I had to read it in the browser it was nice to read a positive article in the main stream news.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 03:30 PM
    What a biased article. They make it seems as if the handset business is the dead weight.

It isn't. Chen just has to get rid of all the old inventory that was sitting in warehouses.

Thorsten heins grossly overestimated the amount of phones needed for bb10 launch and the balance sheet has been suffering ever since.

Now that 93 percent of the old inventory is gone, the profit from phones should start going back up.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 03:36 PM
    Well the supposed experts comments on the OS are clearly uninformed as well.

BlackBerry really has no one to blame but themselves for the negative PR. Where do they ever clear the air and advertise outside of known BlackBerry circles?

They could have done so much more with the passport after the initial launch which had a buzz around BlackBerry from outside the BlackBerry circles and they let it fade away.

Too bad. The turn around seems well planned and diverse in its approach but the marketing and advertising is non existent.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 05:19 PM
    Well the supposed experts comments on the OS are clearly uninformed as well.

BlackBerry really has no one to blame but themselves for the negative PR. Where do they ever clear the air and advertise outside of known BlackBerry circles?

They could have done so much more with the passport after the initial launch which had a buzz around BlackBerry from outside the BlackBerry circles and they let it fade away.

Too bad. The turn around seems well planned and diverse in its approach but the marketing and advertising is non existent.

Posted via CB10
    And the Formula1 WIN, plus the fantastic use case they have with that Mercedes AMG partnership...

Yes, a few videos are out, but they should have ridden this more... :-)

�   Zzzzwipetypetapped from The Maskport - Zzzzmoqin'....   �
    12-21-14 09:56 PM
    Regardless it's a major news media article on BlackBerry that isn't in Crackberry.

Add to the fact that it's not about the content as much as the other aspects contained within the article (interviews with analysts) that make it Crackberry worthy.

All in all you wouldn't expect to come across BlackBerry articles 2 to 1 in regular media than crackberry which is SUPPOSED to be all things BlackBerry.

Not sure why people feel compelled to defend CB when it's clear that it's going down hill and B1aze has been hung out to dry with little to no support.

Posted via CB10
    Crackberry is not the place for BlackBerry news anymore. I always find stuff here after other places. the community is great, but the ball has been dropped on news

Posted via CB10
    nuff_said likes this.
    12-22-14 09:52 AM
    This is what I am observing too, but why is that OK? Shouldn't we be able to air these types if things and have some of the brain trust at CB work getting back to why people came here to begin with?

Honestly I would have to assume that when "Crackberry" Kevin turned into iKevin aka: Mr. Typo the writing was on the wall.

Surely there are others who can take the torch from those guys within the CB community and help B1aze out. I know there are some real BlackBerry fanatics out there. Can't they take over from some of the departed CB staff?

I guess my question is why kill CB and have 1 guy try to keep it alive. Why not keep it going as there are a lot of people who come here.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 11:43 AM