That is correct. But you should know me by now, I am always very optimistic and possitive. Life thought me that.
    Anyways, small nice info for you. IOS13 problem will be solved latest in March. Stay possitive, Conite.
    It's April, and there has been no BBMe update for iOS. So much for staying positive.
    04-01-20 07:37 PM
    With all the AI and machine learning, Cylance hasn’t stopped this bloody virus
    Glad to see you seem ok... How's the fiance?

I've sequestered myself at home out of respect for my high risk age group. FAR from resting, tho. Three months into "retirement" has me working longer hrs than ever! Go figure. Time saved by NOT commuting to the office has added immeasurably to "work product". Work product mostly in support of some clients, etc, who are scaling up re-purposed plant production into some badly needed products. Products essential to the "virus struggle". My team has immersed itself into these various missions. Very little sleep, in resent weeks. Idk about Cylance itself but various BlackBerry products ARE proving their value in much of the collaboration I'm involved with. Fwiw.
    04-03-20 06:29 AM
    It's April, and there has been no BBMe update for iOS. So much for staying positive.
    A lot of of folks in some of my BBMe groups are also disappointed about the lack of updates. One of my groups has migrated into Threema messenger app and so far they are liking it.

I am hopeful there will be an update for BBMe for IOS , but who knows for sure about future support.
    04-03-20 06:57 AM
    A lot of of folks in some of my BBMe groups are also disappointed about the lack of updates. One of my groups has migrated into Threema messenger app and so far they are liking it.

I am hopeful there will be an update for BBMe for IOS , but who knows for sure about future support.
    What had you choose Threema over Signal or Telegram for replacement?
    04-03-20 06:34 PM
    What had you choose Threema over Signal or Telegram for replacement?
    Because that’s what the rest of the group had decided on. They say the use of a PIN type ID was nice and the app has great reviews, the app is a paid one and the initial $3 cost is not bad.
    04-04-20 06:42 AM
    I think BB and Palm would be a perfect combo.
    04-04-20 10:44 PM
    I think BB and Palm would be a perfect combo.
    That ship already sailed once TCL and BB terminated licensing agreement.
    04-05-20 03:23 AM

Um...what's BBMe exactly have to do with this thread (BlackBerry looking for new phone partners)? Just wondering, if some of the folks are expecting appstore updates every 4 minutes, and nothing less would be disappointing (lol). But then again that would be off topic...oops. Maybe I shouldn't have asked.(lol)
    04-05-20 03:56 AM
    Do people still use BBM?

BlackBerry dumped that to the Indians years ago. They had an epic Super Bowl AD then dumped
    It for Thorsten Heins slow clapping
    04-08-20 11:22 PM
    I’m self isolated and we talk via Skype.

How are you all doing with this virus? I’m ashamed to admit I wasn’t that concerned originally- didn’t think we would be that affected. I’m not ashamed to say how wrong could I have been. I guess a serious pandemic was just waiting to happen because much of us have become complacent, probably because of the scaremongering that went on regarding the H1N1 Swine Flu pandemic which was supposed to kill us all but didn’t. This is an unprecedented time and we should all support the health workers who are battling on the front line and not buy into some of the propaganda
    All good here in South Africa, our lockdown was extended tonight to until end of April at least, I am incredibly lucky to be:
    1. In Digital Marketing and Transformation
    2. In a mega financial powerhouse corporate in the country
    So although the lockdown has slowed down business, I am in a very important team to keeping the company going on digital platforms and the company’s financial exposure is incredibly limited due to the sheer size of capital and market the company services. I count my lucky cards that I took this job middle of last year and left the FinTech startup I was at as I know they’ll have a very tough time now when companies they work with start reducing budgets and experiment less.

Glad I don’t have to worry too much about losing a job and all that but I am incredibly worried about the overwhelming majority in my country who are living in informalities settlements and informal employment and are dependent on daily cash in, along with SMMEs who are dependent on major companies to keep bringing big business in. Many are badly affected, in fact one of our biggest employers in the country (a clothing and stationary retailer) that has been in bad shape for a few years has now announced that it only has enough money to pay salaries for the month and cannot pay its suppliers, the CEO was crying on the call to suppliers. In May we will probably see this company collapse and with it more than 100,000 jobs lost nationally, with that means kids not being able to go to school and parents getting desperate to make ends meet which means more crime and deaths of both civilians and law enforcement, a huge domino effect especially in a severely unequal economy like South Africa.

It’s a scary time for many. One has to be thankful they were blessed to have the life they have. Now the big thing is giving back and finding the most effective way help health workers.
    gebco and idssteve like this.
    04-09-20 05:14 PM
    All good here in South Africa, our lockdown was extended tonight to until end of April at least, I am incredibly lucky to be:
    1. In Digital Marketing and Transformation
    2. In a mega financial powerhouse corporate in the country
    So although the lockdown has slowed down business, I am in a very important team to keeping the company going on digital platforms and the company’s financial exposure is incredibly limited due to the sheer size of capital and market the company services. I count my lucky cards that I took this job middle of last year and left the FinTech startup I was at as I know they’ll have a very tough time now when companies they work with start reducing budgets and experiment less.

Glad I don’t have to worry too much about losing a job and all that but I am incredibly worried about the overwhelming majority in my country who are living in informalities settlements and informal employment and are dependent on daily cash in, along with SMMEs who are dependent on major companies to keep bringing big business in. Many are badly affected, in fact one of our biggest employers in the country (a clothing and stationary retailer) that has been in bad shape for a few years has now announced that it only has enough money to pay salaries for the month and cannot pay its suppliers, the CEO was crying on the call to suppliers. In May we will probably see this company collapse and with it more than 100,000 jobs lost nationally, with that means kids not being able to go to school and parents getting desperate to make ends meet which means more crime and deaths of both civilians and law enforcement, a huge domino effect especially in a severely unequal economy like South Africa.

It’s a scary time for many. One has to be thankful they were blessed to have the life they have. Now the big thing is giving back and finding the most effective way help health workers.
    Health workers NEED equipment! World wide! They are heroically facing an overwhelming onslaught, day after day, virtually unprotected! Virtually disarmed! "The World" has placed TOO many eggs of essential production into a single basket. That basket dropped. Here we are. Cheering heroic health workers into a daily, potentially suicidal, battle of attrition with a single bullet for their weapon... If that!!

My "retirement" coincided with this nightmare so... "Sheltering in place" seems almost appropriate to the wife and I. We do heartbreakingly miss the grandkids. Especially for Easter... Minimizing strain on those heroic health workers by NOT getting out and getting sick is the least any of us can do.

A coworker of Hopi heritage shared a brilliantly succinct summation issued by Hopi tribal leaders...

"The virus does not move, people move it… if we stop moving, the virus stops moving and dies."

The wife and I have "stopped moving", at least. That doesn't mean we've stopped contributing, tho. We've devoted far more time to our respective professions in our inhome offices than before "retirement". We've probably seen less of each other than before "retirement"! "The world" just won't let us dinosaurs fade away... Go figure.

I won't divulge the wife's profession other than to say she's in 24/7 demand owing to unprecedented stress factors a LOT of management, including health workers' management, are enduring. The monster corporation I "retired" from is diverse enough to shift with the times. My team's tiny corner of that monster is completely, utterly, swamped with assisting our clients to reconfigure and scale production of various products. Some, if not most, in support of heroic health workers. A mission none of my old team can bring ourselves to relax from. Even for sleep. Funny how much harder we work pro bono. My youngest daughter is contemplating a potential thesis inspired by those phenomena. Lol.

Inching back toward topic... Lol. Interestingly, on its face, one might expect that our various slabs should prove optimal for vid-comm "visits" in sequestered isolation. In our case, our old eyes quickly fatigued of sharing "tiny" D60 slab for vid conf or even "grandkid visits". Since we're not venturing beyond home, these days, D60 "mobility" really isn't a priority. Living room 60 inch smart tv has proven MUCH preferred. For "visits" at least. For other vid-com, also. D60 has mostly sat charging for these past few weeks.

Odder yet, maintaining realtime text communications with overloaded coworkers & frantic clients this past few weeks has kept this old 9900 almost exclusively in hand. Despite "retirement". No, facial expressions nor voice inflections needed. Nor "wanted". Lol. Text still affords most precise communication for many technical usecases. Particularly where varying "first language" accents and noisy production plant floors are involved.

MUCH of "retirement" in recent weeks has seen 9900 exchanging realtime sms/mms in left hand with inhome CAD station keypad/mouse occupying right hand. An exquisitely collaborative productivity combo. Supporting coworkers and clients in frantic transition and scaling... From home. Grew fatigued of "forcing" my giants into that service a couple weeks ago. Giants all stand ready on desk... Just too distracting.

In further contrast, our kids and grandkids are appreciating slab screenestate for their more mobile usecase. Go figure.

Resurrecting a world economy will demand global collaboration. Communications will prove essential to that collaboration. Since no two of us command identical skills, talents, experiences, etc, no single communications platform can prove ideal for ALL. Imo.

An arrow just doesn't fly sideways well. Tail, shaft, and head travel furthest with proficient collaboration. Lol.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    04-10-20 05:37 AM
    Health workers NEED equipment! World wide! They are heroically facing an overwhelming onslaught, day after day, virtually unprotected! Virtually disarmed! "The World" has placed TOO many eggs of essential production into a single basket. That basket dropped. Here we are. Cheering heroic health workers into a daily, potentially suicidal, battle of attrition with a single bullet for their weapon... If that!!

My "retirement" coincided with this nightmare so... "Sheltering in place" seems almost appropriate to the wife and I. We do heartbreakingly miss the grandkids. Especially for Easter... Minimizing strain on those heroic health workers by NOT getting out and getting sick is the least any of us can do.

A coworker of Hopi heritage shared a brilliantly succinct summation issued by Hopi tribal leaders...

"The virus does not move, people move it… if we stop moving, the virus stops moving and dies."

The wife and I have "stopped moving", at least. That doesn't mean we've stopped contributing, tho. We've devoted far more time to our respective professions in our inhome offices than before "retirement". We've probably seen less of each other than before "retirement"! "The world" just won't let us dinosaurs fade away... Go figure.

I won't divulge the wife's profession other than to say she's in 24/7 demand owing to unprecedented stress factors a LOT of management, including health workers' management, are enduring. The monster corporation I "retired" from is diverse enough to shift with the times. My team's tiny corner of that monster is completely, utterly, swamped with assisting our clients to reconfigure and scale production of various products. Some, if not most, in support of heroic health workers. A mission none of my old team can bring ourselves to relax from. Even for sleep. Funny how much harder we work pro bono. My youngest daughter is contemplating a potential thesis inspired by those phenomena. Lol.

Inching back toward topic... Lol. Interestingly, on its face, one might expect that our various slabs should prove optimal for vid-comm "visits" in sequestered isolation. In our case, our old eyes quickly fatigued of sharing "tiny" D60 slab for vid conf or even "grandkid visits". Since we're not venturing beyond home, these days, D60 "mobility" really isn't a priority. Living room 60 inch smart tv has proven MUCH preferred. For "visits" at least. For other vid-com, also. D60 has mostly sat charging for these past few weeks.

Odder yet, maintaining realtime text communications with overloaded coworkers & frantic clients this past few weeks has kept this old 9900 almost exclusively in hand. Despite "retirement". No, facial expressions nor voice inflections needed. Nor "wanted". Lol. Text still affords most precise communication for many technical usecases. Particularly where varying "first language" accents and noisy production plant floors are involved.

MUCH of "retirement" in recent weeks has seen 9900 exchanging realtime sms/mms in left hand with inhome CAD station keypad/mouse occupying right hand. An exquisitely collaborative productivity combo. Supporting coworkers and clients in frantic transition and scaling... From home. Grew fatigued of "forcing" my giants into that service a couple weeks ago. Giants all stand ready on desk... Just too distracting.

In further contrast, our kids and grandkids are appreciating slab screenestate for their more mobile usecase. Go figure.

Resurrecting a world economy will demand global collaboration. Communications will prove essential to that collaboration. Since no two of us command identical skills, talents, experiences, etc, no single communications platform can prove ideal for ALL. Imo.

An arrow just doesn't fly sideways well. Tail, shaft, and head travel furthest with proficient collaboration. Lol.
    Absolutely agreed,we are going to be in for one hell of a ride.

Bless you and your wife stepping in when you could just kick back and leave it to us Millennials to sort it out
    That’s really amazing of the both of you!

The politics need to fall away now,it is time to get back to being human and doing right by each other and for each other.

Lol, you are old school, my iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Air 2 and work laptop are keeping me going for work and iPhone, iPad and Watch keep me going in entertainment and staying healthy. Being confined at home has meant not being able to access the full fledged gym at the office so I’m making do with the little gym equipment I have at home, YouTube and tracking it all with the Nike Run Club app on Watch and phone.
    04-10-20 10:00 AM
    I know people on this forum think those results were encouraging. Other investors obviously were not as impressed, as you can see in today's trading so far (down 17% mid-day as I write this)

People look at things with their own lenses. Nothing wrong with that, but at least we can recognize it.
    I am not impressed by the amount of non-GAAP numbers in their report. Some companies use it a bit, but BlackBerry is addicted. Hard to trust numbers that don't allow proper comparisons with other tech companies.
    04-10-20 12:54 PM
    I loved working for BlackBerry. I was a Senior Analyst in CSO. The pranks we played on each other were legendary
    04-10-20 06:19 PM
    Health workers don't need BB10 though.
    04-10-20 07:04 PM
    Health workers don't need BB10 though.
    Health workers do need some products produced by producer personnel collaborating thru some BlackBerries though.
    04-10-20 09:35 PM
    Health workers do need some products produced by producer personnel collaborating thru some BlackBerries though.
    Like what? Who is relying on a BlackBerry product in health care now?
    MikeX74 likes this.
    04-10-20 10:03 PM
    Like what? Who is relying on a BlackBerry product in health care now?
    I wouldn't know who might be relying on a BlackBerry in health care. Not my space. MY space is production. Products, and sub components, produced by clients of mine ARE being used by health workers in various parts of the globe. Blackberrys ARE being used to further those efforts. Including this very 9900.
    04-10-20 10:49 PM
    They used to used. Not anymore
    04-10-20 11:37 PM
    The collaboration of Apple and Google will have all our smartphones (Slab, Foldable and PKB) all helping in slowing down this virus be it a Priv, iPhone SE, Galaxy S6 or a S20 Ultra, iPhone 11 Pro Max, Key 2, Galaxy Fold etc...
    04-11-20 12:29 PM
    You have well taken points

With BlackBerry's low recognition today, the best thing the company can do is license the viable patents, like KB

Likely the best opportunity would be from Samsung.

There is little or no way the BlackBerry name can go as a stand alone product line.
    Forget 'Key 3 by BlackBerry'
    04-11-20 04:12 PM
    You have well taken points

With BlackBerry's low recognition today, the best thing the company can do is license the viable patents, like KB

Likely the best opportunity would be from Samsung.

There is little or no way the BlackBerry name can go as a stand alone product line.
    Forget 'Key 3 by BlackBerry'
    Samsung would be the least likely candidate. It would come from a middling OEM in search of product breadth.
    04-11-20 04:29 PM
    Samsung would be the least likely candidate. It would come from a middling OEM in search of product breadth.
    LOL
    Any maker that takes the BlackBerry name along with the smartphone production will lead to retaining .05 percent of the market.
    There is no possibility to monetize the production.
    04-11-20 04:57 PM
    LOL
    Any maker that takes the BlackBerry name along with the smartphone production will lead to retaining .05 percent of the market.
    There is no possibility to monetize the production.
    Don't get me wrong. I don't think anyone would be stupid enough to do it. I just know that Samsung would be the last one to consider it.
    04-11-20 05:11 PM
    Don't get me wrong. I don't think anyone would be stupid enough to do it. I just know that Samsung would be the last one to consider it.
    Exactly. Samsung's goal is to minimize licensing, and they have keyboard IP of their own already and could make PKB phones anytime they wanted to. They might not have the BB sculpted keys, but Samsung wouldn't care.

The truth is, if ANY major company would consider a PKB phone, it would be Samsung, since they like to cover as many significant niches as they can. The fact that they haven't made a PKB smartphone in many years tells us that they have zero faith that they would sell well enough or draw users away from other brands, and therefore they aren't interested in PKB smartphones, regardless of PKB design.
    04-11-20 06:45 PM
588 ... 21222324