I just want to say that it would be absolutely ridiculous if BBM is released for the iPad and almost every other tablet on the market BEFORE the PlayBook.
    jegs2 likes this.
    05-20-13 10:43 AM
    I just want to say that it would be absolutely ridiculous if BBM is released for the iPad and almost every other tablet on the market BEFORE the PlayBook.
    ta let's are not getting bbm at first this much was already stated
    05-20-13 10:46 AM
    Why can't Sprint users who refuse to pay the estimated $250 on contract have access to BB10? It's a great OS, so why limit who can actually pay for it? I'll have to buy an Android phone (or iPhone) as my next purchase unless they discount the Q10 at some point soon after release. At least my Palm Pixi still lives
    Sprint looks to release the phone circa August now, if what I read in their forums is to be believed. Even so, I see it as a positive: Right now, not pleased with the features to which I've become accustomed on the 9930 (home button speed-dial is a big one) aren't available on the Q10. Perhaps by August, they'll have a software update that includes such tried-and-tested features.
    05-20-13 11:04 AM
    No offense meant before, so apologies if any taken.
    I get that you are angry. I get your points in the frustration. I was very angry on RIM and still on BB (after all most people on the playbook launch are there now running the show, Heins being one of them. Agreed).

This is one part of the story. The other part is though that I cannot keep living with my anger towards blackberry as my major concern in life, or to such degree, so as to be so aggressive after 2 years. My anger has run its circle. I decided not to be angry, I do not enjoy my life being angry, so I just let go of the anger. That does not mean I do not hold BB accountable for the playbook soap opera. I do, you bet I do. My point is that it makes total sense for them not to mention anything in the BB live (to which you agreed as I understand). You ask for a post. For me, I would say that the announcement publically from the company CEO that BB will get the bb10 is much more important than a post. This should give us more certainty than some post of a mid level manager or something, which can later be a source of controversy. Nothing more official than the words of the CEO in public, recorded and noted.

The problem is tha people do not trust the management of BB, especially many of the playbook owners, because they have been burnt buy RIM's announcements and lack of materialisation of promises. I understand that fully.

All I am saying is: the CEO made official confirmation that it will come in 2013. So, if 2013 ends and it is not here, then I will join you in saying that Heins lacks credibility. until then I will not call him a lier or even worse, I deny entering again in a circle of frustration and agony over the playbook. That will be self-inflicted pain and anger that somehow is borderline masochism in my perception.

If you want my guess, by end of August or September, PB BB10 (lite most probably as Gnomesane said above) should be there (not because they say it, but because of the roadmaps and a guess that I am willing to make. This is an estimate. Maybe I am wrong, but they said within 2013. We are in the 2nd Quarter of the year. Let us take it easy, for our own sake.
    That is all I am saying.
    Thorsten has said it's coming in 2013. He's delivered on everything so far.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10.
    05-20-13 11:07 AM
    I was hoping for SOME word on BB10 for the PlayBook. Not a release date necessarily... But maybe a demo of a unit running BB10, some screenshots, or at least an acknowledgement that it is still coming. I wouldn't expect them to dwell on it for more than a few moments, but not discussing it at all was a disappointment.

It won't be the end of the world if the device doesn't get BB10, but they need a little more transparency on this one so everyone interested in it can quit with the daily doom, gloom and angst over it and move on. One way or the other.
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    05-20-13 05:35 PM
    ta let's are not getting bbm at first this much was already stated
    Not initially, no, but it will be on tablets at some point. The question is whether it will be before or after the BB10 PlayBook update.
    05-20-13 08:47 PM
    Not initially, no, but it will be on tablets at some point. The question is whether it will be before or after the BB10 PlayBook update.
    what the heck did insay lol, I'm pretty certain inwas typing something and my kitten jumped on my playbook and pressed submit lol
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    05-20-13 08:56 PM
    id sure hope Blackberry has the decency to give playbook BBM before other platforms
    05-20-13 08:58 PM
    And if you ever mention the word "Jehova" ... ahem I meant "Playbook" in front of BB CEOs, you'll be stoned to death or bombed with confusing and elusive statements until your brain runs hot and your head explodes ...
    Well let us admit that the *Unspoken word* is the black sheep in the family after all.... (*writing that while throwing the stone virtually your way for saying "Jehova" *OH SH1T!...)
    05-20-13 09:02 PM

With you 100% on that one. So I think he earned cutting him some slack as to him being credible.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    05-20-13 09:03 PM
    id sure hope Blackberry has the decency to give playbook BBM before other platforms
    I shudder to think of what would happen if BBM were on the iPad before the PlayBook. Early PlayBook adopters (or every PB owner, I guess) as well as every tech blog will be jumping on BlackBerry, and justifiably so.
    jegs2 likes this.
    05-20-13 09:13 PM
    I shudder to think of what would happen if BBM were on the iPad before the PlayBook. Early PlayBook adopters (or every PB owner, I guess) as well as every tech blog will be jumping on BlackBerry, and justifiably so.
    It definitely would feel pretty insulting. Let's hope that doesn't end up being the case
    05-20-13 09:21 PM
    It definitely would feel pretty insulting. Let's hope that doesn't end up being the case
    That would be a great day to see (NOT). This one of the reasons why I tend to assume that a version of BB10 is coming this summer, with the BBM out... (maybe just wishful thinking...)
    05-20-13 09:27 PM
    Why do people care so much about an update to a device that was 'DOA' or whatever other term or sentence that was used to describe it. Perplexing.

I'm all for it. But when I bought the first one for less than $200 BB10 didn't even exist. Still didn't when I bought the second one. BB said this year. I just don't get how a device that was so lamented is now acted like its a brand new device that should be supported forever. Again, BB said this year. They have bigger fish to fry. I don't see BB10 being a drastic change to my playbook. Updates are great. But to be honest no other company would give a free upgrade for such an old device. K. Thats what logical to me so I don't worry about it coming or not. But I guess it would be cool if it came. I do see the novelty wearing off after a week. I definitely dont want the UI to change to the phone UI.
    I kind of agree, but it's this limbo I'm in right now with it that I don't like. BB doesn't have a new tablet for me to buy, and I see all these new apps for the Z10 that I can't run. You're lucky, I paid 500+tax for my 16gb wifi at launch, and have been forever since then drinking the Kool-Aid about what it will "someday" do.

My point being, how about an update about it's progress? Tell me it's going well, or tell me to move on. If BB10 is close, I'll hang out. If it is false hope, let me go so I can re-start my tablet life with something else.
    05-21-13 12:52 PM
    I'd like to know when the Media Dock will be released.
    jegs2 likes this.
    05-21-13 01:09 PM

May 2nd 2012, Thorsten Heins repeatedly said BlackBerry 10 would launch in calendar year 2012. I heard him say it from his own mouth directly into my ears from a distance of less than 12 feet. On June 28th 2012, he announced a delay of 6 to 9 months, marking the 3rd time that BlackBerry 10 had been delayed.

It would appear that he hasn't exactly delivered on everything.

Typed on my Dev Alpha C, Posted Via CB10
    Carterbits likes this.
    05-21-13 11:04 PM
166 ... 567