Link provided by rjedge54 :

How to setup Contacts & Calendar sync using BlackBerry Link 1.1.1 for Windows «Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

I haven't used it, so could those who have please confirm a few details :

1) Does it support direct USB sync between BB10 and Outlook on desktop? (being very specific - using Outlook.com as a conduit does NOT qualify)

2) Do Outlook Categories sync as well?

3) Does the sync work like DM used to, with a list provided pre-sync of the changes being made, and giving you an option to abort? (the 3rd party syncs I've found don't do this very well)

If the answers to the above are true, this is huge - and has been delivered well before Blackberry's latest promise of end summer. Lots of people were looking for this - why didn't they promote it more???

- R.
    06-11-13 12:12 PM
    Link provided by rjedge54 :

How to setup Contacts & Calendar sync using BlackBerry Link 1.1.1 for Windows «Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

I haven't used it, so could those who have please confirm a few details :

1) Does it support direct USB sync between BB10 and Outlook on desktop? (being very specific - using Outlook.com as a conduit does NOT qualify)

2) Do Outlook Categories sync as well?

3) Does the sync work like DM used to, with a list provided pre-sync of the changes being made, and giving you an option to abort? (the 3rd party syncs I've found don't do this very well)

If the answers to the above are true, this is huge - and has been delivered well before Blackberry's latest promise of end summer. Lots of people were looking for this - why didn't they promote it more???

- R.
    It looks like all your questions were answered in the link you provided.

so 1) Yes direct USB sync between BB10 and Outlook desktop

2) It looks like it can be configured that way

3) Again it looks like in the set up, you can choose how the sync behaves
    06-11-13 01:22 PM
    It looks like all your questions were answered in the link you provided.

so 1) Yes direct USB sync between BB10 and Outlook desktop

2) It looks like it can be configured that way

3) Again it looks like in the set up, you can choose how the sync behaves
    Sorry, Kris, I've re-read the info at the link and with the possible exception of the USB connection, none of my questions are answered.

- There is no mention of whether or not Categories sync (many syncs don't actually sync this field)
    - There is no mention of whether there is a step in the sync that allows you to review the proposed changes and abort if desired, just that you can choose to be warned of deletions (adds and changes aren't mentioned) and that you can configure how conflicts are handled with no mention of what the options actually are
    - Even with the USB connection question, it simply says "connect your device" - I guess we can assume this means USB but I've lerned over many years to not assume things.

If I'm missing something, please let me know.

I'd also be interested in how reliable people find it - the comments at that link aren't very reassuring.

Thanks - R.
    06-11-13 01:59 PM
    Anyone got an article on how to do 2 way contact syncing with the Mac version?
    06-11-13 02:19 PM
    I am assuming this would only work for those on 10.1? I am on Verizon and was told by BlackBerry that USB two way sink with Outlook will be in 10.1. I was told "2 or 3 weeks" about 2 weeks ago, so hope it is soon.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 08:33 PM